Graham Hancock

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
got one of his books watched most of his videos on you tube, certainly upsets a lot of people. Put archaelogy and teh age of men into a spin , and good on him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sounds like a lot of conspiracy stuff to talk about.
i kind of got that impression at first, but i would say more like maybe just controversial material, not really like Alex Jones conspiratorial? See if we just assume that the CIA killed JFK, for instance, well then whatever we might say about 'grassy knoll' or 'magic bullet' is going to come across as 'conspiracy theory,' when prolly 'working theory' is a better frame, maybe.

see, we have a term, "conspiracy theory," right, but really this term contains "set in their minds" in the definition, huh? You cannot sway a conspiracy theorist by the facts, right, is the general consensus iow

Reactions: Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i kind of got that impression at first, but i would say more like maybe just controversial material, not really like Alex Jones conspiratorial? See if we just assume that the CIA killed JFK, for instance, well then whatever we might say about 'grassy knoll' or 'magic bullet' is going to come across as 'conspiracy theory,' when prolly 'working theory' is a better frame, maybe.

see, we have a term, "conspiracy theory," right, but really this term contains "set in their minds" in the definition, huh? You cannot sway a conspiracy theorist by the facts, right, is the general consensus iow
That may be true of most these days with the internet, but it wasn't back in the days of watergate.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good link..and I hate links...
I have to admit that I read some of it 'as if' I really understood it all..but some stuff I didn't understand.

Why is it, that when reality is shown to have been what actually happened at a certain time and in a certain incident...the cry goes out "Conspiracy theory"?

Reactions: Pisteuo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good link..and I hate links...
I have to admit that I read some of it 'as if' I really understood it all..but some stuff I didn't understand.

Why is it, that when reality is shown to have been what actually happened at a certain time and in a certain incident...the cry goes out "Conspiracy theory"?
Because somewhere, somehow, someone is guilty of something and not getting caught.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because somewhere, somehow, someone is guilty of something and not getting caught.

It seems to me, concerning 'what goes on being closed doors' in gov...that the man in the street likes the state of being ignorant about it...that way they can continue to 'live their happy little lives' thinking that all is well in the world.
( there are so many of those in my extended family! :rolleyes: ie "Don't bother me with the facts." )

Reactions: Richard_oti

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me, concerning 'what goes on being closed doors' in gov...that the man in the street likes the state of being ignorant about it...that way they can continue to 'live their happy little lives' thinking that all is well in the world.
( there are so many of those in my extended family! :rolleyes: ie "Don't bother me with the facts." )
I don't have TV and I don't read the news on the internet
I generally don't read political threads on forums
but feel free to clue me in

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm looking at my picture in my avatar and I'm saying to myself, "how can I sit outside like that, it's freezing!!!