Great Things About Raising Kids

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when Naomi was born. The nurses told me to relax and I ignored them to yell through my labor (no pain meds). Next thing I know, they plop baby girl in my arms, barely wiped off. It was their policy to encourage immediate skin to skin contact.

She stops fussing as I hold her. She has a black cap of hair, doughy "pale tan" skin, and is sooo chunky!

Naomi is beautiful and looks exactly like her father!

I really enjoy being a Mom. Even though she favors her Dad in appearance, she has my mellow thoughtful personality! She only seems to fuss when something is wrong, usually hunger.

I could not have asked for a better baby. She's beautiful and peaceful. She loves to nap on me in the rocking chair. Best baby!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love learning Naomi's quirks. She is 8 months old. She is very invested in imitating my husband and I. She'll stand in her crib as much as possible and use the edge to practice stepping.

She likes certain toys but will drop them in a heartbeat to go after a smartphone, remote, or water bottle.

I though babies were all random and unpredictable. I never babysat before. Naomi is very observant and focused on being as independent as an 8 month old can possibly be.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love learning Naomi's quirks. She is 8 months old. She is very invested in imitating my husband and I. She'll stand in her crib as much as possible and use the edge to practice stepping.

She likes certain toys but will drop them in a heartbeat to go after a smartphone, remote, or water bottle.

I though babies were all random and unpredictable. I never babysat before. Naomi is very observant and focused on being as independent as an 8 month old can possibly be.
I's amazing how they have their own personalities from birth. My three were all different and still are.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Wynona

Let your no's be no and your yeses be yes. Be consistent and firm to build the boundaries that are necessary for a child to learn how to live within a loving environment that you are building around her. Smart phones, TV's, iPad and computers are not a substitute for your time and effort in growing your child into the person that you would like to see them become.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember when Naomi was born. The nurses told me to relax and I ignored them to yell through my labor (no pain meds). Next thing I know, they plop baby girl in my arms, barely wiped off. It was their policy to encourage immediate skin to skin contact.

She stops fussing as I hold her. She has a black cap of hair, doughy "pale tan" skin, and is sooo chunky!

Naomi is beautiful and looks exactly like her father!

I really enjoy being a Mom. Even though she favors her Dad in appearance, she has my mellow thoughtful personality! She only seems to fuss when something is wrong, usually hunger.

I could not have asked for a better baby. She's beautiful and peaceful. She loves to nap on me in the rocking chair. Best baby!
ahhhhh, what a visual Wynona!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That sounds great @Wynona! I'm glad you are bonding well with your new family member. I'm under the impression that babies minds are like a photograph and impresses on the contact they have in their lives. Which is parents for sure. Still developing minds can be very adorable when raising them with Christ.

When I was a parent I bought some child desks got some crayons when the kids were around 2.5 years old and tried to teach them the alphabet. I had to keep and eye on them constantly and write the character first. It came out scribbly but I think they had fun. We did a lot of fun stuff for them. There are many ideas at toddler age, healthy child raising ideas you could probably find from church moms and such.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I though babies were all random and unpredictable.

As far as I understand it, from birth to around 7 years old babies are in programming mosr where their subconscious is learning everything about their enviroment. Everything they can see hear smell touch and taste. Leraning learning taking everything in. They are listening! They are watching!

That's why it's important to talk to them about Jesus every day and teach them to pray with you.