Green for Muslim Holiday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Empire State Building to go green for Muslim holidayhttp://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=07...;show_article=1New York's iconic Empire State Building is to be lit up green from Friday in honor of the Muslim holiday of Eid, the biggest festival in the Muslim calendar marking the end of Ramadan, officials said. "This is the first time that the Empire State Building will be illuminated for Eid, and the lighting will become an annual event in the same tradition of the yearly lightings for Christmas and Hannukah," according to a statement. Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of the fasting month, is expected to be celebrated in New York from Friday, depending on when the new moon is sighted, and the city's tallest skyscraper will remain green until Sunday. Built in the early 1930s, the 443-meter-tall (1,454-feet-tall) Empire State Building was first lit up with colored lighting in 1976, when red, white and blue lights were used to mark the American Bicentennial. An estimated seven million Muslims live in the United States. .................................Amazing when we get taken to court for displaying a Nativity set

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Denver;20146)
Of course not, that would be discrimination.
I can not tell whether or not you're being sarcastic
sad.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Denver;20146)
Of course not, that would be discrimination.
Ha Ha good one! And so true! It's funny but in reality I guess pathetic in a sense.I don't understand the gravitation toward Islam in this country and the European industrialized nations. I think maybe that's a gesture of reaching out to the innocent people of this faith that do not want to be associated with terrorism.But as you quipped, there is truth to what you said about Christmas. If it's Christian, then for some reason its bigoted.I am mostly bothered by the Islamic symbolism in the "crescent of embrace", the proposed memorial being built in honor of flight 93. The designers consider it "coincidence", but if it would have been designed as a cross by "coincidence", I'm sure the design would have been changed soon enough.Go figure. I saw a radical change in thinking of the general populace in the last 10-15 years in this country, and I think 911 was a big facilitator to this change. I can't understand the mass's logic any longer---- and what's worse, it's creeping into Christianity, even traditionally conservative Christian groups.