Greetings And Salutations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerry R

Sep 15, 2021
Willow, Alaska
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning and thank you for allowing me to join your board.

I am a retired counselor/consultant, Master Practitioner of NLP (neuro linguistic programming) but more important I am the recipient of the grace, mercy, and redemptive power of an almighty God who is willing to save all who come to him.

I won't put a long testimony here other than to say I was orphaned at birth, rushed out of the hospital so quickly they didn't sign a birth certificate. I was adopted at about 4 years of age (purchased would be a more descriptive term) and grew up going to church every Sunday, in a pharasee type church based on performance. I have always believed that there was a real God, but I knew I wasn't good enough for Him to like me and I didn't care much for Him putting me in this situation.

After drinking, drugging myself close to death, through Divine Intervention I discovered sobriety. After working and trying to make God happy for the next 6 years, Jesus came to me. You can enter a Toby Mac song, When Love Broke Through here.

At any rate I live in Alaska, in a little cabin, about 75 miles or so north of Anchorage. God bless you all and thank you again for letting me join.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am a retired counselor/consultant, Master Practitioner of NLP (neuro linguistic programming) but more important I am the recipient of the grace, mercy, and redemptive power of an almighty God who is willing to save all who come to him.

I won't put a long testimony here other than to say I was orphaned at birth, rushed out of the hospital so quickly they didn't sign a birth certificate. I was adopted at about 4 years of age (purchased would be a more descriptive term) and grew up going to church every Sunday, in a pharasee type church based on performance. I have always believed that there was a real God, but I knew I wasn't good enough for Him to like me and I didn't care much for Him putting me in this situation.

After drinking, drugging myself close to death, through Divine Intervention I discovered sobriety. After working and trying to make God happy for the next 6 years, Jesus came to me. You can enter a Toby Mac song, When Love Broke Through here.

At any rate I live in Alaska, in a little cabin, about 75 miles or so north of Anchorage. God bless you all and thank you again for letting me join.

Welcome to the forums @Jerry R
Thank you for sharing, hope you will enjoy it here. Here is another song by Keith Green titled "Your Love Broke Through"
See you around.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome, Jerry! After doing the inner-pain numbing thing for far too long, the Lord dealt with me. I think I was more stubborn than most, unfortunately for me! Ouch. But He has proven faithful to me also. This song will tell you a bit about me. :eek: Welcome aboard!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After drinking, drugging myself close to death, through Divine Intervention I discovered sobriety. After working and trying to make God happy for the next 6 years, Jesus came to me.
Isn't it so wonderful how HE does that??? and then .... JESUS came to me.... Those are the most powerful and precious of testimonies.
WELCOME here.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jerry and Welcome.
Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.
Interesting where men lead us, where we lead ourselves, and what God puts in our path to give us that ah ha realization.

May God Bless you abundantly,
Taken

Jerry R

Sep 15, 2021
Willow, Alaska
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you very much one and all for the blessed warm welcome. Of course I am totally new here so I have
a lot to explore and discover. But like all Godly things, what a wonderful adventure it shall be. I have a lot
of writings from my studies which I hope to share also.

FYI ... the little cabin that is my avatar is where I actually live. It is a dry cabin, heat with wood, but I have electricity.

God bless you all and thank you again.
Jerry

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Jerry! I love your testimony! Welcome to the forum and hope to see you around for a while.
God Bless

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you very much one and all for the blessed warm welcome. Of course I am totally new here so I have
a lot to explore and discover. But like all Godly things, what a wonderful adventure it shall be. I have a lot
of writings from my studies which I hope to share also.

FYI ... the little cabin that is my avatar is where I actually live. It is a dry cabin, heat with wood, but I have electricity.

God bless you all and thank you again.
Jerry
Hi Sir; great looking little cabin there that gives you seclusion to pursue prayer and the Scriptures, right? :)

Jerry R

Sep 15, 2021
Willow, Alaska
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Sir; great looking little cabin there that gives you seclusion to pursue prayer and the Scriptures, right? :)
Hello, thank you and it is a really well built cabin. Very tight and weather proof. And yes it does provide for very beneficial study and prayer time. You can pretty much shut the worlds' issues out, not totally, but to a point. I've grown so much in the time that I have been here.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Lucky you :) Oh how I'd love to live in a little log cabin, away from all the drama of the modem world.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hasn't been seen since September 24th. I hope he comes back. Maybe he got snowed in.

I have a sister that lives in Central, Alaska.

Reactions: Wynona