Greetings from... GallyTrot!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all you fellow human beings! Check out my profile and my blog, Questioning The "Answers." Looking forward to hearing from you. Namaste! :)

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind welcomes. I have to admit, I am very afraid here. Throughout my 30+ years of Christian service, I was hurt by many, many so called "Christians" or, as I like to call them "Krystians." See my blog for my explanation of this. I have found that ignorance and hostility abound everywhere, no matter what "flavor" of religion you are. Human beings, I have found, are intrinsically good-- and, intrinsically evil, regardless of faith. The Christian Church is, actually, I have found in MANY cases, no better than "this world." Christians are NOT SPECIAL. They are human.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind welcomes. I have to admit, I am very afraid here. Throughout my 30+ years of Christian service, I was hurt by many, many so called "Christians" or, as I like to call them "Krystians." See my blog for my explanation of this. I have found that ignorance and hostility abound everywhere, no matter what "flavor" of religion you are. Human beings, I have found, are intrinsically good-- and, intrinsically evil, regardless of faith. The Christian Church is, actually, I have found in MANY cases, no better than "this world." Christians are NOT SPECIAL. They are human.

Churches are hospitals - Jesus came for the sick

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus, I am exploring other "faith options."

Good, there are many out there. Just ask aspen, he can show you.

If he can't just ask me. I have a long list you might be interested in.

Oh...and welcome.

Stranger

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches are hospitals - Jesus came for the sick
Yes, well. It's too bad the church I went to for 18 years ultimately ignored me as its "patient." The pastors there knew that I struggle with mental illness and thoughts of suicide. I called the church secretary and asked her to ask THEM if one of them (husband/wife team) could call me once a month for 15 minutes to talk to me and to check on my mental and emotional welfare. Her reply? "They would be too busy to do that." How's that for treatment of a "patient" in the "hospital" of the Church? If the Church were a hospital, I'd sue them for malpractice! How would you feel if you were treated that way at YOUR church, I wonder?

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi; you need to concentrate in truth terms on your relationship with God, rather than your relations with other ppl.
I don't have a relationship with gawd right now. He has hurt me deepest of all by allowing all kinds of horrible things to happen to me, from abuse from Krystians, to being brutalized by my peers, to striking me with mental illness when I was a 4 year old little girl. Thus, other "faith options," which I am exploring on my own. For now, I am a DC. See my blog Questioning the Answers for my definition of this. Thanks.

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, there are many out there. Just ask aspen, he can show you.
There is one "faith" I am exploring that really isn't a "faith." Not by true definition. I am very afraid to share it here because I am afraid of Christians doing the typical thing, which is "playing gawd." "Paying gawd"is doing what gawd does-- that is, judging, condemning and sending to hell. If I mention this "faith that is not a faith" I am interested in, I know you all as Christians/Krystians will judge, condemn and "send me to hell" spiritually and mentally in your possibly stigmatized minds. Thus, I fear to tell you. You will have to deal with this.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one "faith" I am exploring that really isn't a "faith." Not by true definition. I am very afraid to share it here because I am afraid of Christians doing the typical thing, which is "playing gawd." "Paying gawd"is doing what gawd does-- that is, judging, condemning and sending to hell. If I mention this "faith that is not a faith" I am interested in, I know you all as Christians/Krystians will judge, condemn and "send me to hell" spiritually and mentally in your possibly stigmatized minds. Thus, I fear to tell you. You will have to deal with this.

If you want to explore another 'faith', then why are you here? Are you saying there are not forums for your 'other faith'? I don't believe you.

You are here like the many other non-believers who are allowed here, to cast some sort of doubt upon Christians and their faith. You call Christians as disrespectful and 'playing gawd'. You have your own disrespectful definition of Christians, which is 'Krystians'. But of course, we are told by you, we just must deal with this.

But at the same time, you come and say, 'I fear to tell'. More bull. In other words, you have tried to establish that any Christian who disagrees with your assessment of Christianty is just playing gawd. Yet you have abandoned Christianity and are searching for another faith.

Go explore what you want. But, spread your bull elsewhere. Or, at least, don't be surprised when I don't believe you.

Stranger

Reactions: Enoch111

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, well. It's too bad the church I went to for 18 years ultimately ignored me as its "patient." The pastors there knew that I struggle with mental illness and thoughts of suicide. I called the church secretary and asked her to ask THEM if one of them (husband/wife team) could call me once a month for 15 minutes to talk to me and to check on my mental and emotional welfare. Her reply? "They would be too busy to do that." How's that for treatment of a "patient" in the "hospital" of the Church? If the Church were a hospital, I'd sue them for malpractice! How would you feel if you were treated that way at YOUR church, I wonder?

Yep

Sounds like church. A group of sick people treating sick people. Not sure why God decided to arrange it this way, but he did. Believe me, I have experienced this treatment even more as a Catholic - there is a shortage of priests they are booked a month out.

I deal with major depression.

Reactions: Nancy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fear leads to judgment

Christianity didn’t invent this, nor is it only found within Christianity

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the site Gally,
In my own experience, nobody can hurt you more than a brother or sister in Christ. We are to love one another, it's how others will know that we are Christ's...just look at my signature.
I was recently inexplicably been hurt to the core. It has been about a year now since attending a different local body...HUGE difference. But you are correct, Christians are human too and, this site will show you that as well...some can be a bit mean spirited. I was told a while back to "grow a thick skin", lol...you should think on that and while you do, keep your focus on The Truth...not others as Farouk pointed out.
I hope you find peace.
In His Name,
Nancy
BTW-my disposition has always been somewhere between blah and blue, to joy and happiness and - to despair for several years...Hold on to The TRUTH.

Reactions: aspen