Growing In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Rather See Peter Pan or Beauty and The Beast For Virtual Fieldtrip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well guys it's the first day of spring and welcome to the first lesson in my new series that will help us to grow as Christians,.. but before I get to that I'm going to add a little bit of symbolism.

As beginning (baby) Christians we start off as seeds.

bean-260nw-35919445.jpg

Then once we turn to Christ He becomes our soil and foundation and we dwell within Him and He dwells within us. :)

soil-in-hands-francesca-yorke-1524578402.jpg

Like the sun He shines His light into our lives when we are headed through the darkness. :)

Sunlight-exposure-and-its-role-in-skin-gut-axis_wrbm_large.jpg

Then the wisdom that we get from His Word becomes the water we need to help us to grow as Christians. :)

Watering-Can-56Oz-Deep-Sea-1417402455.jpg

So eventually we can grow big and strong in our faith and wisdom and present our nice fresh and ripe fruit. :D

AdobeStock_26788681.0.0.jpg

And yes I seriously made that all up by myself. :) (The symbolism part that is.)

So anyways here's a bit of water for all of the seeds in Christ here today to help us to grow big and strong. Today's topic is all about friendship. :)

So what exactly does it mean to be a friend? What does it mean to you? Well to me I think it means celebrating the things you have in common with that person, but when there's disagreements and differences learning to accept them anyways. I think it means to realize that whenever there are conflicts to understand that neither of you are perfect and it's always good to admit when you are wrong and forgive the other person when they admit they are wrong. It's always good to be there for your friend whenever they need you and try to help them out in every way that you can. :)

I consider Jesus to be my best friend because He was always there for me even when I didn't deserve it and that's also the sign of a true friend. He forgives me for my mistakes, and loves me unconditionally, and He even gave His life for me. Checkout this quote in the Bible all about friendship!! :D

John 15:13- "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

So there you have it! Those are my thoughts on friendship but I'll be really curious to hear all of your own. I hope you enjoyed part one and tomorrow we will be discussing kindness. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed that you made that up and it was a wonderful analogy. I think the bible uses seeds as an analogy of the gospel message to create crops for the harvest of Christ. But yeah similar idea.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed that you made that up and it was a wonderful analogy. I think the bible uses seeds as an analogy of the gospel message to create crops for the harvest of Christ. But yeah similar idea.

Thank you. :) So do you have any thoughts that you would like to share about friendship? Btw, I'm not sure if you noticed but I also changed my status update to fit in within this new series. :)

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. :) So do you have any thoughts that you would like to share about friendship? Btw, I'm not sure if you noticed but I also changed my status update to fit in within this new series. :)

In all honesty I don't put too much weight on friendship as I find it's mostly shallow and not long lasting or sincere. I think it's good to be friendly and have friends in all ways that we interact with the world. Enemies are terrible and a terrible way to go about life. And a friendly world makes one happier.

But I'm more into family, and liken God's kingdom to a family in Christ. Family is forever. And I have a couple good friends that I call family, they are brothers to me. But I'm 50 years old and that's what I learned in life.

So I like friends since it makes for a happier world to live in, but I love family.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Family will be our topic next Saturday but you're correct in saying that friendships come and go. Even the friends I've had from when I was really little I don't see too much anymore. People move and life changes and goes on, but Jesus never leaves us and is our friend forever more. :) (I'm going to add some music and videos sometimes but it's not like an actual party lol but tomorrow we're going to be watching Stone Soup for our discussion on kindness. :D)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, speaking of music I just have to add this song because we need to let our seeds grow. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Prov 18:24

And I'm glad to have a friend like you. :) Alright cue the music this is the big part. ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:18

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's good, I'm glad. I'm not sure what it has to do about friendship but I'm still glad. :) See you guys tomorrow for kindness day!! :D

Ummmm...rejoice with those who rejoice...

... friend...

This is how I feel about your thread:

Reactions: April_Rose

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, you know what's kinda trippy...

While my Hebrew teacher and I were chatting after class, a little girl comes up to us and says she wanted to show something to my teacher...and guess what it was...

That's right, a little @FluffyYellowDuck ...true story!

Ha ha, and that's exactly what I said, I said, "A fluffy yellow duck!" And then my teacher and I gave it a little pet. It did have a very silky soft coat!

I'm not even lying folks...just thought it was cool!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, you know what's kinda trippy...

While my Hebrew teacher and I were chatting after class, a little girl comes up to us and says she wanted to show something to my teacher...and guess what it was...

That's right, a little @FluffyYellowDuck ...true story!

Ha ha, and that's exactly what I said, I said, "A fluffy yellow duck!" And then my teacher and I gave it a little pet. It did have a very silky soft coat!

I'm not even lying folks...just thought it was cool!
Haha! :D I like this!

And guess what Walmart gave me with my order today? Guess how excited I was on a scale of 1-10? I'll give you a hint: it was 35

walmart.jpg

I like your analogy too, @April_Rose really cool :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends-

Have to say;
Jesus, Is my Greatest Friend;
Some Family Members are my best friends;
A handful are my longest time friends;
And many are my newest friends.

Friend-SHIP-

A Bond OF people ALL sailing TO the SAME DESTINY.

How's that for a Profound Thought? :)

God Bless,
Taken