Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
babel.jpg

Shooters, the Tower of Babel, and Gun Control

By Doug Wilson

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the 'shooter' I am more concerned over his motive than gun control at the moment. Everyone seems like they just can't find a motive. But I believe the motive is known and they just don't want to say it. And if they don't want to say it, then they are probably trying to come up with something else. I have an opinion on what his motive was, but will wait to see what the final investigation determines before saying anything.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wonder, do these people think their guns will save them from enduring the Great Tribulation? Will it matter how well armed you are? After all, John plainly asks the question if there is anybody that can make war with the beast. Whenever Christians bring up gun control as a mortal threat to their freedom, they never explain how being locked and loaded will in any way help them when the beast makes war with them, and as John put it, subdues them, which speaks volumes.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whenever Christians bring up gun control as a mortal threat to their freedom, they never explain how being locked and loaded will in any way help them when the beast makes war with them,

The thought of shooting it out with the beast never crossed my mind.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the 'shooter' I am more concerned over his motive than gun control at the moment. Everyone seems like they just can't find a motive. But I believe the motive is known and they just don't want to say it. And if they don't want to say it, then they are probably trying to come up with something else. I have an opinion on what his motive was, but will wait to see what the final investigation determines before saying anything.

Stranger

It's sometimes good to wait:
Proverbs 8:34
Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.

Reactions: Job

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thought of shooting it out with the beast never crossed my mind.

Didn't think it would. How about shooting it out with his army of locusts? Can you make war with them? Is your AR-15 and Molotov cocktail going to matter? How about the armed forces with their tomahawk cruise missiles and such? How about his mortal head wound he receives? This is the age of gunpowder, so lets assume he gets shot.

He dies so it seems, yet rises again with his head as good as new. Can you make war with something that can't even be killed? Why are these questions never asked about gun control? Remember, these are supernatural beings we're talking about, and when the beast is released from the pit, neither John nor any other prophet old and new testament ever says anything about them being defeated at all by anyone. It only says that a ton of people are eventually going to die trying.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Stranger

I suspect he was demented. A product of the depravity associated with a culture of gambling. In addition to what he got from his father, it was a recipe for doing evil.

In his mind he probably wanted to commit suicide but was too proud to just off himself, and wanted to go down in a blaze of glory.

Would this have happened without gambling? Certainly not, Vegas would be a one horse town run by Mormons. But you don't see liberals calling for an end to gambling, something that isn't protected by the Constitution.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect he was demented. A product of the depravity associated with a culture of gambling. In addition to what he got from his father, it was a recipe for doing evil.

In his mind he probably wanted to commit suicide but was too proud to just off himself, and wanted to go down in a blaze of glory.

Would this have happened without gambling? Certainly not, Vegas would be a one horse town run by Mormons. But you don't see liberals calling for an end to gambling, something that isn't protected by the Constitution.

'Demented' is not a motive.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't think it would. How about shooting it out with his army of locusts? Can you make war with them? Is your AR-15 and Molotov cocktail going to matter? How about the armed forces with their tomahawk cruise missiles and such? How about his mortal head wound he receives? This is the age of gunpowder, so lets assume he gets shot.

He dies so it seems, yet rises again with his head as good as new. Can you make war with something that can't even be killed? Why are these questions never asked about gun control? Remember, these are supernatural beings we're talking about, and when the beast is released from the pit, neither John nor any other prophet old and new testament ever says anything about them being defeated at all by anyone. It only says that a ton of people are eventually going to die trying.
Why are these questions never asked about gun control?

Because that's not what gun ownership is all about.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because that's not what gun ownership is all about.

It is to the many gun loving believers who are convinced the end is nigh, who think the beast will need their guns in order for him to rule. For those people who put so much of their faith in guns, there will only be two possible outcomes you: 1. The sensible people will lay down their guns once they realize how futile their efforts will be, and or flea to the hills like Jesus said many Jews in Israel will do, or you can try and fight, and lose miserably. Those are your options. As for me, I plan on having the iron clad faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to get me through it should I live to see that day.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is to the many gun loving believers who are convinced the end is nigh, who think the beast will need their guns in order for him to rule. For those people who put so much of their faith in guns, there will only be two possible outcomes you: 1. The sensible people will lay down their guns once they realize how futile their efforts will be, and or flea to the hills like Jesus said many Jews in Israel will do, or you can try and fight, and lose miserably. Those are your options. As for me, I plan on having the iron clad faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to get me through it should I live to see that day.

And you believe this is a legitimate reason to strip the american citizen of the rights afforded them in the 2nd amendment of the Constitution?

It's a good thing you're not in charge.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you believe this is a legitimate reason to strip the american citizen of the rights afforded them in the 2nd amendment of the Constitution?

It's a good thing you're not in charge.

Where did I say I was anti-gun? I'm just stating the obvious, what happens to those who will fight. I don't see total gun control occurring any time soon. If gun control were to occur at all, it will happen under Apollyon's rule, because at that point, I think most people will willingly give up their guns because of their fervent love for the beast, and also for the stated reasons given, because people will realize that they cannot win. Who will be able to can make war with the beast Job?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Where did I say I was anti-gun? I'm just stating the obvious, what happens to those who will fight. I don't see total gun control occurring any time soon. If gun control were to occur at all, it will happen under Apollyon's rule, because at that point, I think most people will willingly give up their guns because of their fervent love for the beast, and also for the stated reasons given, because people will realize that they cannot win. Who will be able to can make war with the beast Job?

Pick your poison.

There is no place for the Christian under the beast's rule.

Reactions: Taken

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course you are. All christian gun owners, including myself, having owned a gun for nearly 50 years, have those guns because we believe we will need them in our war against the Beast.

Makes total sense...