Ha! What's one of your funniest/awkward moments?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't stop with one.I was watching Desparate Housewives as I was reading 32 replies just now to a thread on a Catholic Forum I visit.When I remembered at 19 - KeyWest Fla. Fleming St., - library - sitting in a garden type room - where you put headphones on & listened to music ---I "bumped" a lady's record and the needle skipped ----she had tears in her eyes as she knitted ---I actually bumped the CLIMAX of Madame Butterfly --THE CLIMAX!It was bad.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I was in the restroom at my old job. While I was washing my hands, I heard someone come in and go into one of the stalls. So, being onery as I am, I walked over to the stall and shook my wet hands over the top all over the guy in there. Turns out, it was my foreman. I don't know if he knew It was me or not. With the same foreman a couple weeks later,,,, We use this stuff called copper koat or "Dope" which is grease with copper flakes in it anti-seaze stuff for threads on screws,,, Sometimes those of us in the pit used to lob that stuff on a brush and sling it on some unsuspecting bystander.. I was chasing my buddy around the shop with a brush full of dope. As he ran by I flung it and a huge wad of dope flew off and hit my foreman (who I didn't know was standing in the pit) It got him right on his back, he jumped and turned around never even knew what it was. So, me being ignorant,, went and told him what happened,, LOL,,

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
Forgot the name of a girl while taking her to a movie. It was our last date.(Age 9ish) While hiking in the mountains, slipped down a steep creek bank into a very moist cow pie. Covered my jeans in sloppy cow poo. Hiked many many miles in my whitey-tighties.Called a teacher "Mom".I forget people's names incessently. Anybody's name (family, friend,...) is fair game for me to forget, and then remember some other time. In 8th grade, I even forgot my own name for 15-20 minutes! I was alone, but it was still awkward!! I was doing a homework assignment (English) and I went to write my name at the top of the paper and.....and......um.......er........uh........oh my....not good!... After several minutes of staring at the paper, I became disturbed at the whole situation. I started writing anything to remind me of my name...my address, phone number, family names...and finally it just gently came back to me. It has never been more than like fifteen seconds like that ever since.I also forget people themselves incessantly. At least once or twice a month, somebody comes up to me to say, "Hi, how are you doing!" and I don't remember ever knowing the person. This year, I ran into a girl who knew my name, my siblings, my major, my musical talents, and was good friends with my brother. I had her in classes like two years before. I totally had no idea who she was for at least three days. She won't talk to me anymore.About a month ago, I was at a conference at dinner and we were talking about old people. "I love old people. They're so nice!" somebody said. So I blurt out, "My grandma died this morning." [which was true] Awkward! I had just met those 8 people at the table that day.I forget birthdays. My two older sisters always call me when somebody has a birthday because they think that I either a) don't know what day it is, or B) don't remember there was a birthday. They are usually right, especially with "a".Sometimes I turn in papers with the wrong date at the top. November is the most often, which is fortunate for the next few weeks. November 2007 seems to be the date about half the time. There wasn't anything special about that November. "It's May?!? When did that happen?!?"Went to a marching band practice with both of my wrists in casts (I am a drummer) for tendonitis. Marched arround for two hours doing nothing while everyone else played. They were homemade wrappings. Several people thought I was making it all up.In high school I asked out this girl, and she said she would think about it. 5 minutes later, an older guy with a car asked her out. The next day: she forgot I even asked. "So have you decided?" "Decided what?" "You know, what we talked about?" "Um, what was it again?" "You know, while we were watching that movie with everybody?" "Oh. Oh. Oh!" "Have you decided?" "Well...you see...[so and so] asked me too, and I am going to go out with him." Awkward! Then two years later, I was eating lunch with the same girl, but she thought it was a date (which it was not) and she was explaining that it was a date to her friends and I had to tell her it wasn't...in front of her friends... but we were still only about halfway throught the meal, and the girl was my ride...On a first date with my crush of several years and while on crutches, we finished eating, got take-out containers, and were about to leave. As we got up, I leaned over and said, "Well, I suppose I could try to carry my food myself," with a horrible inflexion. It was our last date.Yesterday, I was pacing around my room (literally in circles) listening to Lecrae (Christian rapper). My buddy, a minister from my Church, knocked on my door, but I didn't hear him. He looked in my window and saw my walking around in circles. After a minute, he called me. I went out to him. He asked me what I had been doing, and I played it off as "I was...er... looking for something. Yes....these things [pointing to my wallet and cell phone].Sometimes, I am about as awkward as the word awkward. Seriously? "wkw"? "w..k..w"? Enough for now!Peace,-Redeemed22

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well i dont know if this counts but i sport a massive beard and people seem to be disturbed by that for some reason.

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
gumby;74954 said:
Well i dont know if this counts but i sport a massive beard and people seem to be disturbed by that for some reason.
hehehehehehehehehehehehe!:DOne time on an elevator, a stranger began (unsolicitedly) stroking my beard. lol! She thought it was "pretty". I'll admit my beard was a little curly at the time, and thus 10% prettier than most beards, but the situation was still awkward!

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
I was in Federal law enforcement until retirement. One day I received a call from a U.S. Magistrate (before they got the title of Magistrate-Judge) who was ticked off at a guy I had charged but who failed to appear at his hearing, and wanted him arrested that day and hauled 50 miles to the Judge's courtroom. So I got the warrant, went to the guy's house, and when a nice old lady answered the door, I gently pushed it open while loudly announcing I was a federal agent with a warrant... They were holding a senior Bible study group at the time.... Oopsy Rank Stranger

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Inadverently kicking over someones coffee that was on the floor under the pew I was sitting on. Watching aghast as this little brown stream made its way to the front of the auditorium. Needless to say... a sign appeared the next week forbidding food and drink from the auditorium.Oh yes...and falling asleep during service, my hymnbook and/or Bible hitting the floor with loud thud.all the best...

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
One time I was called upon to visit a little church and bring the Word of the Lord. Well, the one of the Sunday School classes for the little children decided to impress me with memorizing Bible verses. Well the turn came for one little guy. He stood up there in front of the Church so proudly and quoted from James 4:7; "Resist the Devil and he will get fleas". Every body laughed so hard and at the same time had pity for this little soul who wanted so badly to impress us all. He came to me to apologize, but I said; "I think we all got the message the Lord had for us and He used you to deliver it.