Hail Storm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't this prophesied in the bible:

Massive Hail Storm in Australia Wrecks Neighborhood - Videos from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Revelation 16:21

And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

(honestly reminds me of Zathura: A Space Adventure, when they're runnung around the room with micro-meteorites shooting thru the roof saying: "take evasive action")

Considering a man falling thru a roof, they must have weighed similar in the pounds per square inch of pressure.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Massive Hail Storm in Australia Wrecks Neighborhood - Videos from The Weather Channel | weather.com

And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

You can make the scriptures say whatever you want, but Rev 16:17-21 described the turmoil of the last 100 or so years and is confirmed by historical record. The hail it describes was all man made and was of the explosive variety.

So to answer your question, Rev 16:21 does not prophecy the weather phenomenon that occurred around 15 kms, as the crow flies, from where I live. We could see the storm clouds from our place and the BOM radar showed the intensity of the rain and hail. The intense storm cell was probably only a few kms wide where the hail fell that caused the damage, but the storm cell itself was probably about 30 kms wide and and had lots of rain associated with it.

We experienced a storm cell pass over our house, not connected to the storm cell where the baseball sized hail fell, around an hour later. It had some hail in it and it lasted around 20 minutes.

A number of year ago, about an hour away from where I now live, a hail storm occurred in the hinterland and the hail fell in s strip about 300-400 m wide across the mountain where I was living, and the hail was so thick in this strip where it fell, that it took a number of days to melt and disappear where the hail collected in the hollows etc..

The strip where the hail fell started was about 200 m from the house I was living in at the time.

Hail Storms in Australia of the magnitude of the storm in the video happen regularly, but because they do not normally occur in the populated suburbs, they usually do not even get a mention, even in the local news.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In a famous painting, General George Washington is shown crossing the Delaware River on Christmas night 1776. With snow falling, his forces were able to surprise and defeat the enemy. This victory fanned the revolution’s fading embers. Weather continued to play an important role in America’s Revolutionary War.

Pray for good weather on election day!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I wonder sometimes, I haven't seen a great earthquake yet. But cars get dented here all the time.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An example: DUNKIRK. In June 1940, 400,000 British and French soldiers were trapped on the north coast of France at Dunkirk. The Nazi forces were only 10 miles away and could have cornered Allied troops. However, at this time thick fog and clouds settled over the beaches. The English Channel also became unusually calm, and many small boats from England were able to ferry soldiers across to safety. The protective weather pattern lasted nine days while the men were evacuated. The Allied army was thus preserved to fight another day. Winston Churchill called the evacuation of Dunkirk a “miracle of deliverance.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example: DUNKIRK. In June 1940, 400,000 British and French soldiers were trapped on the north coast of France at Dunkirk. The Nazi forces were only 10 miles away and could have cornered Allied troops. However, at this time thick fog and clouds settled over the beaches. The English Channel also became unusually calm, and many small boats from England were able to ferry soldiers across to safety. The protective weather pattern lasted nine days while the men were evacuated. The Allied army was thus preserved to fight another day. Winston Churchill called the evacuation of Dunkirk a “miracle of deliverance.”

Amazing stories.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(honestly reminds me of Zathura: A Space Adventure, when they're runnung around the room with micro-meteorites shooting thru the roof saying: "take evasive action")

Considering a man falling thru a roof, they must have weighed similar in the pounds per square inch of pressure.

For me I believe Revelation is symbolic and code to the first century Christians because St. John would have been in more trouble if the people who looked over his stuff could understand it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me I believe Revelation is symbolic and code to the first century Christians because St. John would have been in more trouble if the people who looked over his stuff could understand it.

Yeah I kinda wonder about the same thing quite often. I'm still tossing those ideas around trying to decide what I believe.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prophesied in Rev.? Yes.
The hail described in Rev 16:21 is very large and about the weight of 75+ pounds and implies covering a great area.

We get all over the world little "glimpses" of what Shall come to pass. The "glimpses" increasing...in severity and more often occurances are Signs...the Huge and Utterly Destructive Trib Is nearing closer.

Glory to God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophesied in Rev.? Yes.
The hail described in Rev 16:21 is very large and about the weight of 75+ pounds and implies covering a great area.

We get all over the world little "glimpses" of what Shall come to pass. The "glimpses" increasing...in severity and more often occurances are Signs...the Huge and Utterly Destructive Trib Is nearing closer.

Glory to God,
Taken

Yeah I figure those hail stones have the pounds per square inch pressure of a man jumping on the roof with a good impact.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Book of Revelation has fascinated and puzzled Christians for centuries.
Battle of Armageddon, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the hideous Beast whose number is 666 - many see it as a map to the end of our present world. And so do I.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation has fascinated and puzzled Christians for centuries.
Battle of Armageddon, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the hideous Beast whose number is 666 - many see it as a map to the end of our present world. And so do I.

Yeah I often wonder if the Book of Revelation is past or present, I kinda wonder if it's a mixture of both?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I often wonder if the Book of Revelation is past or present, I kinda wonder if it's a mixture of both?

All of the above is the right answer. Says so.... Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; Rev. 1:19,
Note the past, present and future tenses.
Also, there are multiple possible fulfilments. For example the churches were actual churches in Asia minor in the present time relative to John Receiving his vision, and they are also prophetic of ages. So Some of the words pertain specifically to that early church, such as the martyrdom of Antipas in Pergamos, Or Jezebel in Thyatira, but they also predict a type of person in those ages to come, such as the Marianism of the catholic church in what is the age of Thyatira.
Similar to how there are multiple abominations spoken of in scripture, some Pointing to Antiochus Epiphanes, some to 70AD and the temple destruction, and some to the end time abomination.... As stated In the parenthesis of Jesus: "Let the reader understand" (Matthew 24:15).

There is also a big misconception that the Book of revelation is to be read linearly as well. There are multiple visions that Jump back in time and show events from a different perspective. A Simple linear timeline events does not work.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I figure those hail stones have the pounds per square inch pressure of a man jumping on the roof with a good impact.

They definitely made a mess. But I believe the one mentioned would crush a person.

Glory to God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the above is the right answer. Says so.... Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; Rev. 1:19,
Note the past, present and future tenses.
Also, there are multiple possible fulfilments. For example the churches were actual churches in Asia minor in the present time relative to John Receiving his vision, and they are also prophetic of ages. So Some of the words pertain specifically to that early church, such as the martyrdom of Antipas in Pergamos, Or Jezebel in Thyatira, but they also predict a type of person in those ages to come, such as the Marianism of the catholic church in what is the age of Thyatira.
Similar to how there are multiple abominations spoken of in scripture, some Pointing to Antiochus Epiphanes, some to 70AD and the temple destruction, and some to the end time abomination.... As stated In the parenthesis of Jesus: "Let the reader understand" (Matthew 24:15).

There is also a big misconception that the Book of revelation is to be read linearly as well. There are multiple visions that Jump back in time and show events from a different perspective. A Simple linear timeline events does not work.

Yeah Revelation 1:19 is pretty obvious. Thanks I didn't catch that.