"Hallowed be thy Name!" - WHAT name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just what IS God's Name?

• LORD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jehovah ("Yahweh" in Hebrew)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Lord" is a title- and there are THOUSANDS of Lords in England.
"God" is a title- and there are THOUSANDS of Gods in the World.

Interesting piece of un-promulgated history~

In the Talmud, the rabbis discuss how to PROPERLY BURN WITH FIRE the gospels, but some rabbis are hesitant to do so because the gospels (or the an Gilyon, the same word for gospel in the Talmud as it appears in the Aramaic Peshitta of Mark 1:1, another hint that the Peshitta is the original) used the true Divine Name of Yahweh and some felt that burning the gospels WITH THE TRUE NAME is a greater mitzvah or good deed then somehow cutting out the sacred Name before burning them. -FathersName.jpg from Babylonian Talmud Shabbat 116 A, Jerusalem Talmud Shabbat 15C and the Tosefta Shabbat 13:5.

Reactions: Truth and KBCid

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Lord" is a title- and there are THOUSANDS of Lords in England.
"God" is a title- and there are THOUSANDS of Gods in the World.

Interesting piece of un-promulgated history~

In the Talmud, the rabbis discuss how to PROPERLY BURN WITH FIRE the gospels, but some rabbis are hesitant to do so because the gospels (or the an Gilyon, the same word for gospel in the Talmud as it appears in the Aramaic Peshitta of Mark 1:1, another hint that the Peshitta is the original) used the true Divine Name of Yahweh and some felt that burning the gospels WITH THE TRUE NAME is a greater mitzvah or good deed then somehow cutting out the sacred Name before burning them. -View attachment 1266 from Babylonian Talmud Shabbat 116 A, Jerusalem Talmud Shabbat 15C and the Tosefta Shabbat 13:5.
What Name?, Yeshua, transliterate into English, Jesus. God name is not "I AM THAT I AM", or H1961 הָיָה hayah, nor is it Jehovah, or Yahweh. Isaiah 52:6 " Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I”.
Shall is a future tense designation, and that day came, and we know.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Name?, Yeshua, transliterate into English, Jesus. God name is not "I AM THAT I AM", or H1961 הָיָה hayah, nor is it Jehovah, or Yahweh. Isaiah 52:6 " Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I”.
Shall is a future tense designation, and that day came, and we know.

I am asking YOU.
His People DO know His Name....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am asking YOU.
His People DO know His Name....
I gave you, and his people didn't know his NAME as to "WHO" he is vs his name as to "WHAT" he is. big difference. let me show you by example. if I was to ask you "what" is the first woman name, your answer?...... I'll be waiting.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you, and his people didn't know his NAME as to "WHO" he is vs his name as to "WHAT" he is. big difference. let me show you by example. if I was to ask you "what" is the first woman name, your answer?...... I'll be waiting.

I'll bite!
"Eve", of course.

Gen 2:23- Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 3:20- The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

"Woman" was the "name" Adam gave to this new creation~
ishshah; woman, wife, female

"Eve" was the PERSONAL Name he gave her~
Chavvah; life-giver; Chavvah (or Eve), the first woman.

YOUR point?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll bite!
"Eve", of course.

Gen 2:23- Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 3:20- The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

"Woman" was the "name" Adam gave to this new creation~
ishshah; woman, wife, female

"Eve" was the PERSONAL Name he gave her~
Chavvah; life-giver; Chavvah (or Eve), the first woman.

YOUR point?
my point,
#1. I'll bite! "Eve", of course.
well don't bite too hard. let me get the Holy Jeopardy buzzer out for this one. Buzzzzzzzz. see question, U didn't hear what I said. I asked, "WHAT" is her name, not "WHO" she is in name. let's see "WHAT" her name is by scripture, Genesis 5:1 & 2 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created". see question, "WHAT" she is, is a Adam. now her personal name is "Eve", which is "WHO" she is in name. but I asked "What" is her name, see your mistake, and that dangerous.

#2. now, knowing that, the next step we will get to is to know the difference between common nouns, and proper nouns in personal name.... :cool:. so this is a heads up. also brush up on Appellation, and Epithet... until then

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh. more word games.
I gave you BOTH names.
Jeopardy Buzzer for you....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah, AKA Yahweh,
a name is an Identifier, as to what and, or who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". Now the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they derived those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH",

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah, AKA Yahweh,
a name is an Identifier, as to what and, or who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". Now the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they derived those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH",

The Games Churchoids Play.
Regardless of how the pronunciation began, Jehovah IS his name in ENGLISH, it was even in the Bible brought over on the Mayflower.
The vowels for YHWH are not lost, since it is a part of so MANY names in the 'Old Testament'...or are you saying the names such as Hezekiah, Jonah, Micah, Jeremiah, etc are ALL lost- and are real names, either?

That, unless we speak ancient Hebrew we are wrong?

What church do you go to?

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of how the pronunciation began, Jehovah IS his name in ENGLISH
Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". WHY JESUS, answer, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us". God is with us and his name is Jesus, well then God name is Jesus. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".
common sense is easy to use if one use it.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". WHY JESUS, answer, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us". God is with us and his name is Jesus, well then God name is Jesus. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".
common sense is easy to use if one use it.

"Immanuel" means "God is with us", and He still is today- with REAL Christians.
"Jehu" means "He is Jehovah". And, sorry churchoids- he was not God.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n guess many don't understand what the word "FOREVER" means, either....Meanings .jpg Meanings .jpg

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Immanuel" means "God is with us", and He still is today- with REAL Christians.
"Jehu" means "He is Jehovah". And, sorry churchoids- he was not God.
REAL Christian?. are you saying that there are "none REAL Christians.... o_O that makes no sense. either you're a Christian or not. as U say, REAL christian don't stay in Error, see post #9. as for the name JESUS, or YESHUA it come from the Strong's # (H3442), look this Strong’s number up. it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. in the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1.Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua) of Hebrew origin (H3091)
2.KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3091

good night for now.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REAL Christian?. are you saying that there are "none REAL Christians.... o_O that makes no sense. either you're a Christian or not. as U say, REAL christian don't stay in Error, see post #9. as for the name JESUS, or YESHUA it come from the Strong's # (H3442), look this Strong’s number up. it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. in the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1.Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua) of Hebrew origin (H3091)
2.KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3091

good night for now.

If you choose to add to what I say, and ignore the real meaning of the name "Jesus", be my guest.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah (in English) is God's Name FOREVER.
Not LORD, God, Jesus, nor 'Holy Ghost'.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jehovah (in English) is God's Name FOREVER.
Not LORD, God, Jesus, nor 'Holy Ghost'.

matters not at all what you say or conclude but it does matter what Jesus says "unless you believe that I AM Jehovah YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS[Jn 8:24] - Jehovah was in the world and came unto His own but they knew Him not[Jn 1:10-11] and He said he that has seen me has seen Jehovah[Jn14:9] - twinc