Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The light of the Word of God exposes the darkness of night in these days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Please pray for all the soldiers of the Cross on the front lines of battle in these wicked times. The days of fence-sitting are over; you're either going to gather with Jesus or you're going to scatter abroad just as satan wants.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The light of the Word of God exposes the darkness of night in these days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Please pray for all the soldiers of the Cross on the front lines of battle in these wicked times. The days of fence-sitting are over; you're either going to gather with Jesus or you're going to scatter abroad just as satan wants.

Those idiots probably turned more people against Christ with that disgusting display than a hundred Atheists.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those idiots probably turned more people against Christ with that disgusting display than a hundred Atheists.
No; for they were preaching the truth. Jesus said you will be hated of all men for my name's sake.

It is the convicting messages that do the most saving.

The only thing I saw wrong with their approach was that they were being judgmental of the people they were preaching to; and that indicates that they are guilty of the same sins.

But, of course, they have been cleansed of them; and therefore there is no condemnation for them.

The cry of the unbeliever (in quoting their favorite verse, "Judge ye not; lest ye be judged") is answered by the fact that Jesus, in context, said to take the beam out of your own eye first and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

And who are we to say that these preachers haven't done that?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; for they were preaching the truth. Jesus said you will be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Amen.

The only thing I saw wrong with their approach was that they were being judgmental of the people they were preaching to; and that indicates that they are guilty of the same sins.

Was John the Baptist guilty of sin for crying out in the wilderness against sin?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, c'mon...... Bullhorns?!?! They were just there to incite argument.

Isaiah 58
[1] Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, c'mon...... Bullhorns?!?! They were just there to incite argument.

And to been seen in their own righteousness. This “hated for His Name’s Sake” gets thrown around an awful lot. If you are a butt and act like one and are hated for it ... “you are hated because of and FOR Christ.” As the poster who came here cursing everyone and criticizing yet called the backlash and questions as his being hated for the sake of Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 58
[1] Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Jesus sat calmly on a rock and talked to the people. These guys target people walking by and shout out through their Bullhorns that they are going to Hell.
Ultimately what we have here is the classic question about the appropriate / best method of talking to people about the Gospel. And where the methodology known as "street preaching" fall on that scale ( high quality / low quality / counterproductive / etc). Camps for and against this method have long been established and argued over it.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately what we have here is the classic question about the appropriate / best method of talking to people about the Gospel. And where the methodology known as "street preaching" fall on that scale ( high quality / low quality / counterproductive / etc). Camps for and against this method have long been established and argued over it.
Yes. And, frankly, I feel that two teenage "Elders" ringing doorbells isn't too much better.

Reactions: Stan B and bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go to the streets, you are likely to get more opposition.

Because the people are not specifically coming to you to hear a message from the word.

They are more likely to feel like it is being shoved down their throats.

But with the way our culture has been headed, I feel that a little throat-shoving may in fact be appropriate.

Reactions: teamventure

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

onward, christian soldja!
um, but isnt the battle already over? oops

no offense but that is the blind leading the blind i guess

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sat calmly on a rock and talked to the people.
That may be true of the Sermon on the Mount; but what about when He said to the Pharisees, "Ye are of your father the devil"?

I think that in the latter case He was being confrontational.

Now, granted, it can be said that Jesus had more of a beef with the religious people of His day (the scribes and Pharisees) than the common sinners of the people that He ministered to on a daily basis.

But He said even to them, the following:

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30, And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Reactions: prism

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who it should be noted came to Him, not the other way round yeh

Luk 14:15, And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
Luk 14:16, Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
Luk 14:17, And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
Luk 14:18, And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:19, And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:20, And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
Luk 14:21, So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
Luk 14:22, And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luk 14:23, And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Reactions: 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10
[27] What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Religious flesh is no better than carnal flesh..maybe worse...but it is still FLESH.

The anointing and POWER of God is what is missing here.

The flesh loves to get all excited about 'what it is doing '.

Most religious flesh enjoys being front, centre, and in the spot light...much rather than hidden in the back room PRAYING .

Just saying.