Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here we go!

it’s October!

so the subject is: Halloween!

share your thoughts on it

is it holy or satanic?

Christian or of the world?

thanks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts for what is worth, what say you Addy?

Halloween

Old English: All Hallows Eve

Hallows means holy!

So we are not really talking about Halloween oct. 31 but all Saints day nov. 1

The evening before all Saints day is the vigil of all Saints day or what you may call a prayer meeting

It is Holy and Christian!

The world, the flesh, and the devil may oppose these with satanic witchcraft the occult and the like but Halloween is holy!

Many church have innocent parties for kids to dress up in saints or biblical costumes to celebrate with food and drink and candy, an a Christ gentleman may partaking a fine beer of the ripe October brewing as they say in old England but this is all innocent and proper, proper to celebrate the life of grace and salvation of our God and Savior Jesus Christ!

Scripture? Ok

John 1:16-17 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Teefaith,
@Mayflower (who seems to be missing of late) started a Halloween thread last year and we got of course, several different views.
It's only been a few years since looking at this "HOLIday in a different light.
Satan has taken over pretty much every "Holy" day and twisted and skewed them into a farce. Christmas is all about greed anymore, Easter has turned into a bunny and hidden eggs, and Halloween has become the day that people have "fun" glorifying death. I understand most all do not see it this way but, Satan does not care how you glorify "him", he's pleased as punch and laughing at all of us as we gaily march to the beat of his drum.
Used to think that was taking things too far and ridiculous, ya know 'oh let the kids have fun, it's harmless, or you just see demons under every rock! Well, maybe I do!
I do not participate any longer as I see it all differently now.
If anything, why not celebrate the Jewish holidays? What an interesting way of teaching your kids about the bible :)
Hope I didn't rain on your Halloween parade, surely you will get many takers here on the condoning side.
God Bless and happy candy corn day :D

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply reject the world the flesh and the devil!

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish feasts and fasts they only pointed to the coming of christ

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish feasts and fasts they only pointed to the coming of christ

Ummmm Yeshua was Jewish and His disciples and they all kept Yahweh's feast. The feats are not Jewish as the mixed multitude that came out of Egypt were under the same instructions. READ very carefully the following verse! Whose feasts are they? They are Yahweh's!

NKJ Leviticus 23:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them:`The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.

Halloween is ungodly and not found anywhere in the scriptures. Do not add to or take away from Yahweh's word. That is what Yahweh said not me. Despite what sort of history people come up with about Halloween and how it eventuated. We are not to pray to the dead this is paganism. Before one start's going on about the word HOLY I suggest you get your understanding what HOLY means in Hebrew you know one of the languages our Bibles were written in. I can tell you our modern day westernized English meaning of HOLY is different from the Hebrew meaning of HOLY. I am sticking with the Bible and not man made pagan traditions.

Shalom

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
halloween probably not satanic but of the world
most of us here in where i am do not celebrate halloween but we celebrated all souls/saints day which is made by the roman catholic we may celebrate but these things no longer has a meaning to me but vain tradition that is made by men

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply reject the world the flesh and the devil!

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Hmm, where does it say Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish Feast days? A church I once attended had a Jewish Seder one year, we learned allot and, we all enjoyed it. I see no place where God "forbids" this?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here we go!

it’s October!

so the subject is: Halloween!

share your thoughts on it

is it holy or satanic?

Christian or of the world?

thanks
Halloween if is a fun time for the kids. I hope the kids brush their teeth after eating that candy.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't fun to the children who are ritually sacrificed on and around halloween, or the ones who are forced to participate.
Halloween is a night for kids to get candy. If someone is killing children, they should be arrested, tried, and punished.

I'm not aware of any kids who don't enjoy soliciting candy.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, where does it say Christians are forbidden to practice Jewish Feast days? A church I once attended had a Jewish Seder one year, we learned allot and, we all enjoyed it. I see no place where God "forbids" this?
You can study these things and find biblical understanding but Christians cannot practice them, they pointed to Christ and now we have Christian feasts and fasts and sacraments

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinancesthat was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Offensive to Christ

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 pet 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can study these things and find biblical understanding but Christians cannot practice them, they pointed to Christ and now we have Christian feasts and fasts and sacraments

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinancesthat was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Offensive to Christ

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 pet 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Well, okay...perhaps you read it that way but this is not a thread on getting saved by grace vs the Law. Still see nothing forbidding it the feasts. Even Jesus own Apostles continued with their feasts.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
o the subject is: Halloween!

Just how many people will actually call at your house?
You have an oppertunity to give a tract, invite to your church etc along with a treat.

Alternatively your church could put on a party that allows children to have fun and to hear the gospel.

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm Yeshua was Jewish and His disciples and they all kept Yahweh's feast. The feats are not Jewish as the mixed multitude that came out of Egypt were under the same instructions. READ very carefully the following verse! Whose feasts are they? They are Yahweh's!

NKJ Leviticus 23:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them:`The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.

Halloween is ungodly and not found anywhere in the scriptures. Do not add to or take away from Yahweh's word. That is what Yahweh said not me. Despite what sort of history people come up with about Halloween and how it eventuated. We are not to pray to the dead this is paganism. Before one start's going on about the word HOLY I suggest you get your understanding what HOLY means in Hebrew you know one of the languages our Bibles were written in. I can tell you our modern day westernized English meaning of HOLY is different from the Hebrew meaning of HOLY. I am sticking with the Bible and not man made pagan traditions.

Shalom

halloween is old English for All Hallows’ Eve
The evening before all Saints day
Hallow is holy

As I said we reject the world the flesh and the devil with all its paganism, did you see the commercial for aspercream
Two girls fighting and one gives the other some of the cream and she says “may the gods be praised”!
Paganism is anti-God and Anti-Christ

Replacement theology!

The new covenant fulfilled and replaced the Mosaic covenant! Heb 10:9

Christ replaced David as King! Lk 1:32-33

The Church replaced Israel! Matt 21:43

The new covenant feasts and fasts and sacraments replaced the old ones of Moses

the apostles received the power and authority that the successors of Moses possessed Matt 23 in the one true church founded by Christ not a sect of messianic Jews

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an oppertunity to give a tract, invite to your church etc along with a treat.

Alternatively your church could put on a party that allows children to have fun and to hear the gospel.
Many do of course

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Oh yeah let's compromise by endorsing a pagan festival. Dear oh dear oh dear no wonder Christianity is in a mess!

Shalom

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know...this sounds like shining the light instead of cursing the darkness!
Personally, I think this blesses Yah.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
halloween is old English for All Hallows’ Eve
The evening before all Saints day
Hallow is holy

As I said we reject the world the flesh and the devil with all its paganism, did you see the commercial for aspercream
Two girls fighting and one gives the other some of the cream and she says “may the gods be praised”!
Paganism is anti-God and Anti-Christ

Replacement theology!

The new covenant fulfilled and replaced the Mosaic covenant! Heb 10:9

Christ replaced David as King! Lk 1:32-33

The Church replaced Israel! Matt 21:43

The new covenant feasts and fasts and sacraments replaced the old ones of Moses

the apostles received the power and authority that the successors of Moses possessed Matt 23 in the one true church founded by Christ not a sect of messianic Jews

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

I am so sorry. I was like you also. Being totally indoctrinated with the false doctrines of men, antisemitism, replacement theology etc etc. There are unfulfilled prophecies in Jerimiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah that specifically teach about the House of Judah and the House of Israel being joined again into one stick i.e. one man. No house of Christianity or Gentiles mentioned. The law being written on our hearts instead of stone. Guess what it's the same Law. Paul teaches we have become citizens of the Commonwealth of Israel, we are grafted in to Israel. Paul is Jewish and a Pharisee after what many assume as Paul's conversion he himself testified I am of the Tribe of Benjamin, a pharisee of pharisee's Paul didn't run around saying I am a Christian and we have replaced Israel. He was an Israelite!
They were known as "of the way" which was regarded as a branch of Judaism. Now I am not saying Judaism is right either IT IS ALL ABOUT MESSIAH YESHUA.

Shalom