Hands down best ever sermon I have heard

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Faith1960 ... So did I... lol... but it has not arrived here yet... for the last 7 years I have been scribing daily
devotionals to my friend who lives hours away from me... They were from the Jesus Calling series... we went
through all the books... and New Morning Mercies is what I decided to choose.

Reactions: Faith1960

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This man captures the essence of life and God in such a profound way.

AWE of GOD... WOW!
Well I listened again to this sermon...these are my words about it then

I believe Rev./Mr. Tripp has a psychology background as well as a religious formal theological one. He expresses God in many ways through the lens of human psychology and not so much scripture and personal theology. And I was expecting more of the latter.

His audience is wide: for new Christians, seekers and even agnostics. Again I was not expecting this. I was expecting he would speak to mature Christians in the main.

His bottom line message seems to suggest that we as human beings regardless of our spiritual condition, are prone to seek out and enjoy pleasures in ourselves, for ourselves and in the world rather than seeking the glory of God. The awe of the glory of God as he says it. And yes this is very appealing and draws much praise.

This message however is like a primer or introduction to one who is seeking God only.

Whether it was for a new seekers' audience or not, the sermon ended abruptly for me. I expected a Part II, to now establish what this awe of God is, and who this awe is, and how we can enjoy this God of ours, as the center of our lives.

And why did he only cite the first 4 verses of Psalms 27? Verse 6 is the completion and demonstration of David's faith, belief and love for his God, from his immediate deep thoughts and fear of his own death. David says he shouted loudly with joy, and sang and made music to God for being his light, salvation and stronghold. David NOT ONLY focused and saw the awe of God in his desperate time of need, he demonstrated that his God was his God in Spirit, in his heart. He returned his love and thanksgiving back to his creator. David completed the true experience of God's awe and glory. This is the type of ending I was expecting from Tripp.

Why did he leave out the most crucial part of being a true believer and Christian? To acknowledge his awe and not just stare at it?

Just staring and meditating on God in awe does not do much for me. I must know it in my Spirit and feel his presence, and I do, daily.

Tripp made more of a sermon based on humanism and impersonal theology that true Biblical scripture based messaging to believers. And that is why I believe his audience cannot be for mature believers and maybe for humanists or seekers.

Our God does not present his entire awe and glory as seen in creation and his Spirit to all and mankind in a ONE WAY direction. He expects his awe and his grace to be reacted to by believers in SPIRIT. By returning and completing his awe by those that have truly received it in SPIRIT with works or fruits of the SPIRIT (as David did with joy) and not with reason and psychology, heartless theology or humanistic views of worldly or brotherly love and thanksgiving.

APAK

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WOW... all that eh??? I can't possibly reply to your perception because it is a personal one... Hopefully @APAK ... others will take the time to watch the video and share their thoughts with you... I did do a quick google search and found no psychology background as you suspect... but it could just be that I did not find it... I found his sermon to be reflective of a GOD that applies to the here and now... in this real dirty and messy place called LIFE. Anyways... I am handing this thread over to you.... I hope you get the conversation that you are seeking.

Blessings ... Addy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW... all that eh??? I can't possibly reply to your perception because it is a personal one... Hopefully @APAK ... others will take the time to watch the video and share their thoughts with you... I did do a quick google search and found no psychology background as you suspect... but it could just be that I did not find it... I found his sermon to be reflective of a GOD that applies to the here and now... in this real dirty and messy place called LIFE. Anyways... I am handing this thread over to you.... I hope you get the conversation that you are seeking.

Blessings ... Addy
Yes, I just looked him up and it says....

He studied Divinity at the Reformed Episcopal Seminary and received a Doctorate of Ministry in Biblical Counselling at Westminster Theological Seminary.

The Counselling part of his formal education then was revealed to me in his sermon as in psychology or even psychiatry...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I separate biblical counselling from mainstream psychology/psychiatry.... so that is why I did not see it.

Anyways... I am still processing what he shared.... absolutely EVERYTHING he spoke of resonated deeply within me... which is neither good or bad...it simply means I agree with his point of view... without even knowing that I had that point of view. LOL

I thought his main point was that we so often stop one step too early... we seem to stay focused on the very things that are meant to bring us to the AWE MAKER.... GOD HIMSELF.... we get stuck in the smaller Awes and forget to bring them to HIM in Worship. I did not feel as you do that he stopped and stared... I felt that HE brought us right to the THRONE ROOM where God sits. Anyways... it was very good of you to even look at this...

I'm quite sure my little point of view is not what you are looking for... AGAIN... I hope you are able to find some interesting conversation here.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This man captures the essence of life and God in such a profound way.

AWE of GOD... WOW!

Well... That was simply awesome...:D

The awe of God. I often call it the wonder of God.

That's why I like the country side. Mountains, rivers, flowers, plants, animals, the sun, the sky, the moon, the stars... All these things show me the wonder of God and I'm left in awe...

Now, man can produce some awesome things. Having an engineering background I do admire many of man's works and am often in awe of them. Great feats of engineering, architecture, ships, planes and many other things.

But, it all falls in the shadow of Gods wonder. It's God that created man in the first place. A kind of paradox... No God = No man. And of all the wonderful things that God has allowed man to create, man is still long way away from the awe and wonder of God.

One of my favourite guys to listen to is Bishop Fulton Sheen... Many people don't like the RCC but his sermons are rarely based on RCC doctrines and are usually excellent. His is now dead but his sermons used to be shown on TV in America during the 50s and 60s and was very popular.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... That was simply awesome...:D

The awe of God. I often call it the wonder of God.

That's why I like the country side. Mountains, rivers, flowers, plants, animals, the sun, the sky, the moon, the stars... All these things show me the wonder of God and I'm left in awe...

Now, man can produce some awesome things. Having an engineering background I do admire many of man's works and am often in awe of them. Great feats of engineering, architecture, ships, planes and many other things.

But, it all falls in the shadow of Gods wonder. It's God that created man in the first place. A kind of paradox... No God = No man. And of all the wonderful things that God has allowed man to create, man is still long way away from the awe and wonder of God.

One of my favourite guys to listen to is Bishop Fulton Sheen... Many people don't like the RCC but his sermons are rarely based on RCC doctrines and are usually excellent. His is now dead but his sermons used to be shown on TV in America during the 50s and 60s and was very popular.

I enjoyed our brother who in my opinion has a good understanding of the gospel. Paul was the greatest of all to give the understanding of how humanity - human beings - operate being tripartite, body soul and spirit, which has to have psychology in it. When I teach and write I use psychology slot because it has to do with how we live as Christians. I used to discredit psychology but I came to realize you cannot live without psyche, it is part of our make up Paul said as tripartite beings. Psyche in the Greek is breath - life - soul.

That's so true true about the country and the out doors - bible says all of nature (creation) speaks of God. I live in the country and just sit and listen and enjoy the open and quite. I have to go to people to be around them - and I do quite often just because I love people and like to be around them. They are they wonder of all God has done in creation, even angels know our place as children of God if born again. That can never happen to them - as magnificent a being as angels are, they can never be what we are. When I first understood that I was amazing because I had read it but just gleaned over it until it really stood out.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just listened to another of his sermons... He talked about when he first got out of seminary/school...
He graduated high honours apparently and his ego was a bit on the full side... LOL

But... he was READY.... because he was Paul Friggen Tripp.... OH my goodness... I almost spit my coffee... it was so funny.

I love his presentation... his simplicity and his depth... The sermon on AWE deeply touched my soul... EVERYTHING that is good...
points to GOD ALMIGHTY.... He is everywhere... not just in nature... but in circumstances... in art.. in music... in architecture... It's all meant to POINT you to HIM...

Something happened to his EVERYTHING when he got really sick... and it has brought forth this delivery of the depths of humanity in my opinion. Anyways... so nice to have people responding... I think that is what APAK wanted. Perhaps you guys can all have a good conversation.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just listened to another of his sermons... He talked about when he first got out of seminary/school...
He graduated high honours apparently and his ego was a bit on the full side... LOL

But... he was READY.... because he was Paul Friggen Tripp.... OH my goodness... I almost spit my coffee... it was so funny.

I love his presentation... his simplicity and his depth... The sermon on AWE deeply touched my soul... EVERYTHING that is good...
points to GOD ALMIGHTY.... He is everywhere... not just in nature... but in circumstances... in art.. in music... in architecture... It's all meant to POINT you to HIM...

Something happened to his EVERYTHING when he got really sick... and it has brought forth this delivery of the depths of humanity in my opinion. Anyways... so nice to have people responding... I think that is what APAK wanted. Perhaps you guys can all have a good conversation.

Awe yes that every present ego - it happens to the best of us. Thank God for his mercies and patience as we learn to not be to high-minded, it seems to just come natural.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awe yes that every present ego - it happens to the best of us. Thank God for his mercies and patience as we learn to not be to high-minded, it seems to just come natural.
YES INDEED.... thank GOD that His mercies are new every morning... That in itself is a thought that brings AWE to me. How can it be that each day is a new one filled with endless GRACE and MERCY? I often think of it like a blank canvas... waiting for us to paint. What are we going to offer to our NEW day?? I live on a lake... and this year... I have been spending much more time there... I love the waves... the different moods of the water... it all reminds me of God.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES INDEED.... thank GOD that His mercies are new every morning... That in itself is a thought that brings AWE to me. How can it be that each day is a new one filled with endless GRACE and MERCY? I often think of it like a blank canvas... waiting for us to paint. What are we going to offer to our NEW day?? I live on a lake... and this year... I have been spending much more time there... I love the waves... the different moods of the water... it all reminds me of God.

Absolutely his wonder's to perform.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy, I will just make my final conclusion and assessment on Mr. Tripp here. He is not a keeper for me.

Well I've now listened to several of Mr. Tripp's sermons and clips. I have come to the conclusion that he is a social justice 'woke' preacher of the commune (communist) type, and therefore a false teacher for me. He is a professing Christian who wants to bring others into conformance with the world through not the Spirit of God and his Son, through his and our own wills and efforts for equal justice and compassion.

Just listen to this clip below, for example. He begins by trying to give white folks a guilt trip of knowing and not being compassionate and informed about the so-called racial injustice and plight amongst others, especially black folks. He says that whites are privileged and as Christians they should become ambassadors for Christ and defend these racial injustices. And then he seems to believe in the critical race theory being rammed down our kids throats. He cites 1619...

Why does he say that personal sin is cultural rather than biblical. He deliberately couches his spiritual meaning of sin in a world view rather that a biblical view first. And he does this because he wants to deliberately blur and try to convince any viewer that culture, racial differences, the world, and the biblical gospel are all for the same cause, for humanity and not for the sake of God.

Hear how he misuses the scripture of Amos 6:4-6 for example, and intermingles his own words, meant to evoke compassion to energize the so-called white privileged guilty person. I bet he deliberately ignores all the white folks who were born with a rusty spoon in their mouths, in relocation camps and the slums with their parents. White privileged, was a joke!

He is an agent of change to bind, use (misuse) and direct Biblical Christian beliefs and doctrine to the cause of humanity only- he is another new crop of new age teachers using Christianity and its doctrine as the vehicle for his personal quest.

APAK

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@APAK.... NO preacher is a keeper for me... LOL....I have not seen the video that you have posted... I have watched three of them and I enjoy
how he articulates his thoughts... The tone of his teachings would vary greatly after October 2014... because this is when he had his severe and painful experience with renal failure.
Anyways... the purpose of me sharing the video was to share what I felt was an extraordinary view of AWE. That is why I placed it in the sprituality forums. I'm sorry you were not impressed with his words.

Reactions: APAK