Happy 4th Of July

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Happy 4th of July weekend to all and God Bless America!!!!
And we pray for more SCOTUS laws to be passed that benefit our country and people. More God-fearing judges, and lawmakers, and citizens that will demonstrate civics that is Christ-like. And yes, to pray for the love of God to yet again drive this nation to be a new bulwark and beacon of strong hope in Christ to come soon.amen

Reactions: Ziggy and JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we pray for more SCOTUS laws to be passed that benefit our country and people. More God-fearing judges, and lawmakers, and citizens that will demonstrate civics that is Christ-like. And yes, to pray for the love of God to yet again drive this nation to be a new bulwark and beacon of strong hope in Christ to come soon.amen
Amen!

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever moved my thread thank you, I didn’t know it was in the wrong forum, my apologies.

Again, thank you Admins. and may you have a great 4th of July and may America reign free under the grace of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
***Happy Independence Day ****
*. *.

_________ *.* * * . *.
_________ *. * * * .
*. *. *.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're in a Battle friend. 1776.

‘We need two more votes’: Biden calls out Manchin and Sinema for not rolling over on filibuster
President Joe Biden directly blamed Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona for refusing to blow up the filibuster in Friday remarks ahead of a meeting with blue-state governors addressing abortion access.

Both Manchin and Sinema have repeatedly made clear that they will not vote to eliminate the 60-vote threshold for ending Senate floor debate for most legislation. The two voted down an attempt to do so in January, with Sinema arguing that lowering the number of votes needed to pass legislation would increase political division. Biden issued a new call for a filibuster “exception” on Thursday, although such a move would effectively eliminate the procedure entirely.

“Congress is going to have to act to codify Roe into federal law. As I said yesterday, the filibuster should not stand in the way of our ability to do that. But right now, we do not have the votes in the Senate to change the filibuster at the moment. That means we need two more votes now. Well not now, when we vote, probably after November,” Biden said Friday.

“More senators and a House majority elected in November to get this bill to my desk. So the choice is clear: we either elect federal senators and representatives who will codify Roe, or Republicans will elect the House and Senate and will try to ban abortions nationwide. Nationwide. This is going to go one way or the other after November,” he continued.

Biden’s comments were an apparent reference to the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would legalize abortion nationwide up to the moment of birth and eliminate conscience protections for doctors and nurses who refuse to perform the procedure. The legislation passed the House of Representatives in September 2021, but Manchin joined all 50 Republicans in voting against it in May.

The president added that his administration would work to block red states from implementing abortion restrictions, noting proposals that would prohibit women from crossing state lines to access abortion, and limit them from accessing abortifacients such as mifepristone.

“Last week, I announced two specific actions. First, there are extremist governors that plan to stop a woman from traveling from her state that prohibits her from seeking medical help she needs, to a state that provides that care, the federal government will act to protect her bedrock rights through the Attorney General’s office. Second, states try to block a woman from getting medication the FDA has already approved, that has been available for more than 20 years, my administration will act to protect that woman’s right to that medication,” Biden continued.

Some prominent Democrats have proposed that the Biden administration offer abortions on federal lands. Such a move would likely violate the Hyde Amendment, which generally prohibits the federal funding of abortion.

‘We Need Two More Votes’: Biden Calls Out Manchin And Sinema For Not Rolling Over On Filibuster

I have questions!!!
What are "Federal Senators" ?

Happy 4th of July!
We need to remember WHY we celebrate that day!
INDEPENDENCE!

Hugs

Reactions: APAK and JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're in a Battle friend. 1776.

‘We need two more votes’: Biden calls out Manchin and Sinema for not rolling over on filibuster
President Joe Biden directly blamed Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona for refusing to blow up the filibuster in Friday remarks ahead of a meeting with blue-state governors addressing abortion access.

Both Manchin and Sinema have repeatedly made clear that they will not vote to eliminate the 60-vote threshold for ending Senate floor debate for most legislation. The two voted down an attempt to do so in January, with Sinema arguing that lowering the number of votes needed to pass legislation would increase political division. Biden issued a new call for a filibuster “exception” on Thursday, although such a move would effectively eliminate the procedure entirely.

“Congress is going to have to act to codify Roe into federal law. As I said yesterday, the filibuster should not stand in the way of our ability to do that. But right now, we do not have the votes in the Senate to change the filibuster at the moment. That means we need two more votes now. Well not now, when we vote, probably after November,” Biden said Friday.

“More senators and a House majority elected in November to get this bill to my desk. So the choice is clear: we either elect federal senators and representatives who will codify Roe, or Republicans will elect the House and Senate and will try to ban abortions nationwide. Nationwide. This is going to go one way or the other after November,” he continued.

Biden’s comments were an apparent reference to the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would legalize abortion nationwide up to the moment of birth and eliminate conscience protections for doctors and nurses who refuse to perform the procedure. The legislation passed the House of Representatives in September 2021, but Manchin joined all 50 Republicans in voting against it in May.

The president added that his administration would work to block red states from implementing abortion restrictions, noting proposals that would prohibit women from crossing state lines to access abortion, and limit them from accessing abortifacients such as mifepristone.

“Last week, I announced two specific actions. First, there are extremist governors that plan to stop a woman from traveling from her state that prohibits her from seeking medical help she needs, to a state that provides that care, the federal government will act to protect her bedrock rights through the Attorney General’s office. Second, states try to block a woman from getting medication the FDA has already approved, that has been available for more than 20 years, my administration will act to protect that woman’s right to that medication,” Biden continued.

Some prominent Democrats have proposed that the Biden administration offer abortions on federal lands. Such a move would likely violate the Hyde Amendment, which generally prohibits the federal funding of abortion.

‘We Need Two More Votes’: Biden Calls Out Manchin And Sinema For Not Rolling Over On Filibuster

I have questions!!!
What are "Federal Senators" ?

Happy 4th of July!
We need to remember WHY we celebrate that day!
INDEPENDENCE!

Hugs
Yes we must remember what Independence Day is about, winning freedom from the oppressor and keeping that freedom at all costs.

Reactions: APAK and Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy
Each state has TWO Senators Reps. at the Federal Level. Called US Senators
States also have State Senators Reps. at the State Level. Called State Senators

Reactions: APAK and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy
Each state has TWO Senators Reps. at the Federal Level. Called US Senators
States also have State Senators Reps. at the State Level. Called State Senators
Ah, I get it...
It just sounded really odd, Federal Senators, as if they worked for the federal gvt instead of the state they supposed to represent.
My bad?

Thank You
Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I get it...
It just sounded really odd, Federal Senators, as if they worked for the federal gvt instead of the state they supposed to represent.
My bad?

Thank You
Hugs

They typically have an office in their Home state. They represent the States interest at the Federal Level, Offices also in DC and Convene in the DC Senate building.

Same as a US Congressman, “supposed” to represent the People from their respective States at the Federal Level. Offices in their State District, also in DC, Convene in the “House”.

Not as it should be....they all pretty much represent their own interests.

Reactions: Ziggy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is another clear example of an indictment against and of a deliberate conspiracy by the Public school system to brainwash and kill off the minds of the young and impressionable. Many older ones also lost it along the way...