1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jennifer, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you guys have a good one. And please keep Jesus in your hearts. He really wants the best for us. I'll keep you guys in my prayers and thoughts. Just remember as long as you are alive, that hope forever remains there, the Lord is forgiven and patient with us, not anyone to perish but to go to him while he is near. Salvation is close but there's still time. :) And don't miss out on that cranberry sauce. Nothing worst then that feeling of rejection on the holiday. So, grab the cranberry sauce please or at least eat it for me :(

marks, Nancy, Taken and 2 others like this.
  2. Grams

Grams Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Happy Thanksgiving to you also !!! And many more .

I am wanting to go home as soon as possible ......... I have been here for now 83 years way to long !
    Praying to see you all one day very soon ! UP in HEAVEN of course........... :D

Taken, amadeus and Jennifer like this.
  3. Jennifer

Jennifer Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Ok thanks...

4. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You too! Cranberry sauce not so much. Turkey and stuffing or a nice veggie tray. Possible snow too so could be a fun day.

amadeus, Jennifer and Taken like this.
  5. shnarkle

shnarkle Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    United States
    There are a number of charities that serve Thanksgiving to the homeless which is a great way to feel grateful when no one else seems to want you around. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in over five years. It's just too far to travel, but my family really doesn't miss me anymore. I suspect some are secretly glad I'm not there as well.

They never had anything approaching the genuine look of gratitude you get when you pour some gravy on the turkey and mashed potatoes of some homeless person's plate. When you get to see that look over and over a few hundred times, it gets me to thinking what reason I could have ever come up with for thinking I had it bad.

It provides me with the realization that I've been carrying this completely unnecessary burden. It shows me that as hard as I try to please some people, they will never be satisfied while something as insignificant as serving complete strangers can elicit so much genuine appreciation. It's a startling realization.

Christ points out that those who want to be with us are our true family. I discovered that it really isn't that difficult to find people who are looking for a family member that cares enough to hand them a plate of food with a smile and a "Happy Thanksgiving". It's so easy, and yet I still marvel at the fact that so few people have discovered how effective this is at raising one's spirits. If more people knew about this, people would be fighting each other for the opportunity. I'm actually grateful that most people are too selfish to notice.

Jennifer and Taken like this.
  6. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    To All,

Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving with Love and Joy in your hearts.

Thank and Bless our Lord God

Taken

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well I have yet to find such a person. And I'm not sure I can trust anyone anymore not even those charities thingys.

8. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Marlene... You need to stop saying that you want to go Home...
    It sounds like you believe that you know better than God...who has not called you home yet.

My mum died at 99 years old.....my dad died at 90 years old. Not once did I hear they they wanted to die ( they lived with me for 10 years )
    In fact when the palliative care nurse visited told my dad he was dying soon , he was ANNOYED and said..." I have too many people to write to, and too many poems in me yet to write..I am not ready yet."

It sounds to me that you are just bored and unoccupied....and you believe that the answer to this is to die.

God knows the number of your days...until then, spend time in prayer, praise and worship. :)

Im just feeling in the mood to nag you a bit!! :D

Love and hugs...Helen xx

amadeus and Waiting on him like this.
  9. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Whoops...forgot to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING ...
    I'm not even sure when it is...Canada had our in early October..

Harvest and winter come much earlier up here... :)

xx

amadeus and Taken like this.
  10. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Happy Thanksgiving to you also. And YES...LOVE my cranberry sauce, wouldn't think of having TG dinner without it!!! :)

11. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Just ask Him to please skip the snow part for me and my wife this time. For us it is not fun! Thank you!

Nancy likes this.
  12. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    amadeus likes this.
  13. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There are a few, but this is the problem, I guess. They may be too few! But... never mind that here. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one … even those in Canada where they did it last month.
    Today is also my wife's birthday so every one say, 'Happy Birthday' to Kathy!
    Give God the glory!

Nancy likes this.
  14. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SWEET BRIDE!!!!

amadeus likes this.
  15. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you for this. After 47 years of marriage calling her a "bride"... hmmm?

Nancy likes this.
  16. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Lol...Well, it's the way I see it :)

amadeus likes this.
  17. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks for this. Also keep us in prayer. Our daughter gave us a gift card to go out to dinner for our birthdays as mine comes up soon,
    but my wife's been down with a bug, so we've had to postpone it. Our son also invited to take us out for dinner this afternoon, but we had to take a raincheck on that one as well.

Nancy likes this.
  18. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You got it John, now don't catch her bug!!

amadeus likes this.
  19. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That is unlikely! I rarely get sick or catch such things as colds and the flu. But... thanks anyway!

Nancy likes this.
  20. shnarkle

shnarkle Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    United States
    There's one way to alleviate that annoying feeling of impatience. It's Paul's suggestion to die daily to this world.