Has anyone here ever read this document?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Thanks for calling our attention to this. It seems unity could only happen on the lowest common denominator which would sacrifice lots of truth.

Reactions: BobRyan

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First impression: the documents writer's need to use a little bit of formatting.

Impression once I get over that: I am all for Christians of all stripes working together to better love each other/everyone, and promote common goals. This doesn't mean we have to pretend we're all identical in our beliefs, or that those differences aren't important. But that even while acknowledging those differences we can still love each other, serve everyone, and strive for common goals.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt. And they are commanded to "come out" of that system, not remain there and aid and abet those who promote false religion.
I suspect - and have heard other believers say the same - that the Pope is the antichrist. How can Catholics who are born again continue to attend a church where they covered up abuse of children?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt. And they are commanded to "come out" of that system, not remain there and aid and abet those who promote false religion.
Who decides which denomination is the "false religion"?

Curious Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First I have seen it. What about it? Does it concern you? Do you support it?

Mary
I happen to think the intent is a good thing, and something God set forth for us to try and accomplish in our living. "Get along with all men." "There is no Jew or Gentile, etc." The parable of the Good Samaritan, et al.
We have almost made a religion about breathing the fire of "Them and Us."

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happen to think the intent is a good thing, and something God set forth for us to try and accomplish in our living. "Get along with all men." "There is no Jew or Gentile, etc." The parable of the Good Samaritan, et al.
We have almost made a religion about breathing the fire of "Them and Us."

I started to read the document but gave up after reading a few paragraphs. It seems to me the document is promulgating a hidden Catholic agenda and a pretense to work together with Protestants.

@Willie T. said it is the intent however, if the intent is to litter Christendom with false gospels??? Unless, of course, if you believe the doctrines taught in catholicism is circumscribed by the Bible. Just look at their present leadership. He’s been called by many as the Anti-Christ.

@bbyrd009 is correct Jesus did not come to bring peace, but a sword A sword is used either to kill or to save.

Consider the following:
1) What has light to do with darkness?
2) Do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.
3) see below

Luke 12:49-59
49) I am come to set fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50} But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51) Suppose ye that I am come to to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52) For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two
against three.
53) The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against
the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother-in-law against the daughter-in-
law, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Read the rest of the chapter for yourselves.

To God Be The Glory

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started to read the document but gave up after reading a few paragraphs. It seems to me the document is promulgating a hidden Catholic agenda and a pretense to work together with Protestants.
@Willie T. said it is the intent however, if the intent is to litter Christendom with false gospels??? Unless, of course, if you believe the doctrines taught in catholicism is circumscribed by the Bible. Just look at their present leadership. He’s been called by many as the Anti-Christ.
@bbyrd009 is correct Jesus did not come to bring peace, but a sword A sword is used either to kill or to save.
Consider the following:
1) What has light to do with darkness?
2) Do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.
3) see below
Luke 12:49-59
49) I am come to set fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50} But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51) Suppose ye that I am come to to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52) For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two
against three.
53) The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against
the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother-in-law against the daughter-in-
law, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Read the rest of the chapter for yourselves.
To God Be The Glory
Another version that I have come to feel is more truthful to the original meaning than most, puts those same verses this way:
Jesus Brings Fire to the Earth
49 “I have come to set the earth on fire. And how I long for every heart to be already ablaze with this fiery passion for God! 50 But first I must be immersed into the baptism of God’s judgment, [a] and I am consumed with passion as I await its fulfillment. 51 Don’t think for a moment that I came to grant peace and harmony to everyone. No, for my coming will change everything and create hostility among you. 52 From now on, even family members will be divided over me and will choose sides [b] against one another. 53 Fathers will be split off against sons and sons against fathers; mothers will be against daughters and daughters against mothers; mothers-in-law will be against brides and brides against mothers-in-law—all because of me.”

Discerning the Time
54 Jesus then said to the crowds gathered around him, “When you see a cloud forming in the west, don’t you say, ‘A storm is brewing’? And then it arrives. 55 And when you feel the south wind blowing, you say, ‘A heat wave is on the way.’ And so it happens. 56 What hypocrites! [c] You are such experts at forecasting the weather, but you are totally unwilling to understand the spiritual significance of the time you’re living in.

57 “You can’t even judge for yourselves what is good and right.

58 “When you are wrong, it is better that you agree with your adversary and settle your dispute before you have to go before a judge. If not, you may be dragged into court, and the judge may find you guilty and 59 throw you into prison until you have paid off your fine entirely.”

Footnotes:
  1. Luke 12:50 The implication of the context is that Jesus was drawing closer to his time of experiencing God’s judgment for our sins on the cross. It is a “baptism” of judgment that we deserved.
  2. Luke 12:52 The Greek text is literally “Among five in one house, three will be against two and two will be against three.”
  3. Luke 12:56 There is an amazing play on words found in the Aramaic text. The word translated “hypocrites” is literally “accepter of faces.” The Aramaic states that the Pharisees looked at the “face” of the sky and the “faces” of men, living superficially, not seeing what was happening spiritually around them.

The Passion Translation (TPT)
The Passion Translation®. Copyright © 2017 by BroadStreet Publishing® Group, LLC.
Used by permission. All rights reserved.
thePassionTranslation.com

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you already knew that God and Christ decide this. Please review the letters to the seven churches (Rev 1-3).
Hi Enock,

The statement you responded to from @Soverign Grace said: I think there are some genuine Christians among Catholics.

@Soverign Grace was specifically talking about CATHOLICS and you responded by saying they are commanded to "come out" of that system, not remain there and aid and abet those who promote false religion.

Are you saying that Rev 1-3 SPECIFICALLY talks about the Catholic Church?

If Revealtions talks about the 7 Churches and the RCC is one of them.....can you name the other 6 churches?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happen to think the intent is a good thing, and something God set forth for us to try and accomplish in our living. "Get along with all men." "There is no Jew or Gentile, etc." The parable of the Good Samaritan, et al. We have almost made a religion about breathing the fire of "Them and Us."
Thank you.

Do you believe their intent was to fulfill 1 Corinthians 1:10 so that there would be no "Them and Us"?

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Do you believe their intent was to fulfill 1 Corinthians 1:10 so that there would be no "Them and Us"?

Mary
I don't know. I doubt if they wanted to go that far. But, I do believe they were smart enough to see that the way we are now going is not God's will, and that we had best try to rectify the mess we have made of things with our destructive divisions.

B

brakelite

Thank you.

Mary
No. It was devised by deluded though perhaps sincere men attempting to reunite what God divided at Babel. Beware when truth becomes the first casualty...its a sign of war.