Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I get a witness?

Is He in you?

Is Jesus in anyone?

...And, if Yes...do you know what the next question is?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe the indwelling of the Spirit comes by God's grace with the new birth. (Although I don't buy the argument that so called tongues are initial evidence of faith.)
The point I am wanting to amplify and ask for people to seriously consider or reconsider, is:

Where is Jesus Now?

Is He at the right hand of the Father, only to return at some distant, future date, by a mass event?

Or is it actually as He said, and He has come "quickly" and has "come in" to those who have opened the door when He knocked, beginning "quickly" after He went to the Father; and as the apostle Paul said, "each in his own order?"

...The scriptures simply do not say that Jesus returns in a future one-time mass event -- people do.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The point I am wanting to amplify and ask for people to seriously consider or reconsider, is:

Where is Jesus Now?

Is He at the right hand of the Father, only to return at some distant, future date, by a mass event?

Or is it actually as He said, and He has come "quickly" and has "come in" to those who have opened the door when He knocked, beginning "quickly" after He went to the Father; and as the apostle Paul said, "each in his own order?"

...The scriptures simply do not say that Jesus returns in a future one-time mass event -- people do.
1 Corinthians 11.26 causes the believer to look up and forward to the future...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is complete NONSENSE. So what do we call one who blatantly rejects the actual Scriptures? A "scoffer" who says "Where is the promise of His coming?"

Jesus is presently BOTH at the right hand of the Father and within every believer. But He will return WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY with His saints and angels at His Second Coming.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Mt 24:30)

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Mt 26:64)

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. (Rev 1:7)

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14,15)

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. (2 Thess 1:7-10)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is complete NONSENSE. So what do we call one who blatantly rejects the actual Scriptures? A "scoffer" who says "Where is the promise of His coming?"

Jesus is presently BOTH at the right hand of the Father and within every believer. But He will return WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY with His saints and angels at His Second Coming.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Mt 24:30)

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Mt 26:64)

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. (Rev 1:7)

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14,15)

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. (2 Thess 1:7-10)

1 Corinthians 11.26 also, applying specifically to the church.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11.26 causes the believer to look up and forward to the future...
Certainly this was true for many 2000 years ago, and always true for those to whom Christ has not yet come. But not so for those to whom He has already come.

That is, unless they look for another, or do not know His voice.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brings me to the question: Who is the Spirit?
God is spirit.

So then, of God and by the scriptures, we know that the Son (Jesus Christ) came in the flesh, but spoke in the spirit, and after laying down His flesh in sacrifice, committed only His spirit to the Father, whom He has now joined as One. The two are One spirit. We also know that Jesus has sent "Another", whom also is One in the same spirit.

Yet in the world there are also fallen and evil spirits, which shall be until the end.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Presumably you mean me.

But I have not said, "Where is the promise of His coming?", nor do I. By which you quote the scriptures just as Satan does. Which makes you a false witness.

As for the scriptures that you have quoted without slander, they are true. Just not as you represent or them. You have assumed they mean in the distant future against Christ saying "quickly." And we know what those who are against Christ are called.

None of those scriptures are future, except to those who do not know Him. Nor do they need to be future. Nor is it right that they be considered future according to the scriptures.

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm referring to a physical event; the Scriptural return of the bodily risen Redeemer.
The "physical event" "return" happened 2000 years ago -- He is risen!

If you still look for it, it is written.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said, "If I go, I will come again and receive you unto Myself" (John 14).
Yes, indeed He did. And He elaborated also to say by revelation "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

Which does not promise a second physical advent of Christ, except in the physical body of those "who are alive and remain."

Therefore, the promise of His return is not in the flesh (which He has already laid down...and taken up again), but in spirit, which is the glory of the Father--the promise of God according to all that is written.