Has Jesus had the total Victory?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has Jesus had the total victory?

Is Jesus still losing people to Satans powers?

Did Jesus Christ conquer over all death?

Was everything placed underneath the feet of Jesus, if you believe that Jesus had the victory?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it that a yes or a no?

you don’t know ? It’s okay to be honest.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has Jesus had the total victory?

Is Jesus still losing people to Satans powers?

Did Jesus Christ conquer over all death?

Was everything placed underneath the feet of Jesus, if you believe that Jesus had the victory?

wait…. What???? Jesus never lost any of His elect. Not one. And never will. I have to ask, are you familiar with the doctrine of election?

Reactions: farouk

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wait…. What???? Jesus never lost any of His elect. Not one. And never will. I have to ask, are you familiar with the doctrine of election?

Yes, and Romans 9 is the biggest hitter for people who don’t understand biblical context and did not understand what Romans 9 meant in the context of having it only applied with those who were elect in that day in age.

God is calling to all. Not some special group of people. God is calling to all people to come to his Son Jesus now today.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhhhhh yeahh, thats right, you’re the one who thinks God has thrown satan and all the non-elect in the lake of fire. Wow. Its a toss up between you and theefaith at this point. o_Oo_O

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhhhhh yeahh, thats right, you’re the one who thinks God has thrown satan and all the non-elect in the lake of fire. Wow. Its a toss up between you and theefaith at this point. o_Oo_O

??? Very rude comment. Are you positive without a doubt that is what I believe?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you like to know? What I believe?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John 10.28-29: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay. Thank you for commenting. If you do not wanna discuss anything.

What you deem is misguided or not, is your choice. I do not have a problem here.

If you need anything or have any other questions please feel free to comment or message me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10.28-29: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
Farouk,

Being rooted in and abiding in Christ is what it is all about. Hebrews 3:12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Sin and Death are in retreat, they're sure putting up one hell of a rear-guard action.

Sorry, my brother, but Triumphalism leads to mistakes. The final consummation of the victory is a hope yet to come.

Good to see you again, @MatthewG. When I looked to contact you, the system indicated your account had been disabled.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lambano, it is good to see you I had been off here for about three weeks or so.

Could you explain what you mean?

If Sin and Death are in retreat, they're sure putting up one hell of a rear-guard action.

and what is Triumphalism?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lambano, it is good to see you I had been off here for about three weeks or so.

Could you explain what you mean?

and what is Triumphalism?
Sigh.

It means I look around with my eyes and I see Sin and Death running rampant in our world. I see things are getting worse, not better.

tri·umph·al·ism
(trī-ŭm′fə-lĭz′əm)
n.
Disproportionate or unreasonable celebration of the perceived successes and virtues of a given group, religion, or ideology relative to those of others.

Triumphalism - definition of triumphalism by The Free Dictionary

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano,

That is what happens if you focus on the world.

The scripture talks about how God has reconciled the world, of course darkness still exist, it resides with-us.

We by our own merit, can cause death to others. You also sin yourself, as I do.

Sometimes I get sick of being in this body, and desire probably like you to go on home, however God still has a purpose for us to continue to share the good news. Our Sins, were paid for before we were born, and that goes for all people. Darkness still resides in us, and we cause the Chaos. No one else is doing it, aside from individual people, who choose to either serve God, or serve themselves.

What are your thoughts on some of these things?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your thoughts on some of these things?
We have been given stewardship over God's Creation.

19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. (Romans 8:19-22)

The Victory is not complete until the Darkness has been completely vanquished.

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among the people, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” (Revelations 21:1-4)