Has Jesus Returned? - Hour video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey MatthewG, if Jesus had returned the redeemed would be glorified now.

Philippians 3:20-21

20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those scriptures still have application today. One day you too will die, and go on to be part of the Heavenly Kingdom though you experience being part of it now, being able to pray to the Father.

People forget that we have to die to go on forward. Of course there are scripture like Enoch who never tasted death, but in the end all us will be in new spiritual bodies, in the new Heavenly Jerusalem where God resides right?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless of course people believe they will be on a new earth or whatever, whatever people believe is not really my own problem. I don't mind whatever people believe in general.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you could say I am just tired of the old traditional teaching that "Jesus is coming back so you better get ready", as Christians you would think you should be ready to be able to go on to be with God after this life, after having lived a life for God in Christ while one is here.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People forget that we have to die to go on forward. Of course there are scripture like Enoch who never tasted death, but in the end all us will be in new spiritual bodies, in the new Heavenly Jerusalem where God resides right?

We get those spiritual bodies at his second coming. Our souls are now seated in the heavenlies, and we wait for this blessed hope when he appears a second time, when our glorified body catches up and glorifies the blessing we now enjoy in a limited way.

Reactions: MatthewG

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberal Red Neck Preacher approves!!!! ....I guess it's a good thing then, that I'm neither a red neck, not a liberal.

Red-Neck-Preacher-01.jpeg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We get those spiritual bodies at his second coming. Our souls are now seated in the heavenlies, and we wait for this blessed hope when he appears a second time, when our glorified body catches up and glorifies the blessing we now enjoy in a limited way.
Cool brother. I’m not really here to fight or bicker about it. I believe we gotta die one day and that is when we have our judgment and given our new spiritual body, no one gets out of this life without giving up their last breathe. Even Jesus done it.

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That guy is nuts. I tortured myself by listening to these same videos before, so I could say I listened to them, and still be able to reject his nonsense. And that is what he teaches, 100% pure nonsense. And no one with a half a brain even, would listen to him. It is quite well known from the OT that prophets would speak to future audience they obviously never met, and speak to them as if they were right there with said future audience. And like such a typical prophet, Jesus would do the same, and speak to a future time, and likewise would talk to them as if he were there, and thus preterists would take everything out of context to try and make it sound reasonable that Jesus was talking to his own generation. And that is how it is with that massive heretic. He takes everything out of context to peddle his pure and obvious lies. The guy id joke.

I have listened to his pure lies, and nothing but pure lies, so please don't post his lies to me again. I won't ever watch him again, so you are just wasting both of our time. Thanks

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a Soul exists only as a consequence of the union of the Breath of Life and a Body (Genesis 2:7 KJV), how can the Soul continue to exist after disunion when the Breath of Life returns to God from whence IT came and the Body returns to the dust from whence it was taken?

That's like saying the Light that comes into existence as a consequence of the union of Electric Current and a Bulb continues to exist after the Electric Current is switched off and the Bulb is unscrewed and put back on the shelf.

Both are impossibilities.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems because of Gods choosing to have all people resurrected.

“But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭RSV‬‬

“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. This is good, and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭RSV‬‬

“And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.” “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭10‬-‭15‬ ‭RSV‬‬

“and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭29‬ ‭RSV‬‬

““At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time; but at that time your people shall be delivered, every one whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭RSV‬‬

Praise be to God in what he is willingly to do for all since the price of sin being paid for.

“My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭RSV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Gandalf- you can always just unfollow this thread. Thank you brother, you take care.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love people for whatever they believe it’s all on their own predication and preference, so I don’t hold a knife to your throat and say you must believe me or your cut off from salvation.

Thank God for freedom that is found in Christ and the spirit which is from God to seek out of the possibilities of good because Gods spirit only causes the notion to follow after good.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us have no self-conceit, no provoking of one another, no envy of one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭RSV‬‬

What people believe is between them and God and whatever their ideas of God are will also attribute to how they act in their own desires and ways that they believe God would deem right but the only way past that is to look at the Bible and see what is suggest over what the validity of a person may think or deem right.

God is good and has set everything up purposefully, to his own accordance and not the accordance of man.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool brother. I’m not really here to fight or bicker about it. I believe we gotta die one day and that is when we have our judgment and given our new spiritual body, no one gets out of this life without giving up their last breathe. Even Jesus done it.
A prophet of God accomplished a very difficult, perilous task which involved manifestations of the supernatural power of God, but on his way back home another prophet met him with "angelic instructions" contrary to what God told him - and a lion tore him to pieces for not sticking with what God said.

If such a remarkable prophet was seduced and destroyed by the false testimony of a mere fellow prophet, what chance do we have against supernatural manifestations of a "dead relatives" appearing to us with "messages from God"?

Oh, "try the spirits"? Didn't the prophet of God know to do that, as well?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does any of that mean exactly to me phoneman777? Seems you’re talking past me.

I just shared from the Bible what it suggest in post 13. If you can rephrase what you are saying by saying what it is you mean I may have a response. Then again I may not have one at all.

Thank you for understanding.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told to test all things and hold on to what is good.

“For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. But we beseech you, brethren, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we exhort you, brethren, admonish the idlers, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all. Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophesying, but test everything; hold fast what is good, abstain from every form of evil. May the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭9‬-‭24‬ ‭RSV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I suggest testing all things by the Holy Spirit. With the use of the Bible, you can also use historical account dealing with the destruction of Israel as it was a promise by Jesus to happen and there are documented accounts about it. Unless a person believes that is evil. Then of course don’t do it.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a Soul exists only as a consequence of the union of the Breath of Life and a Body (Genesis 2:7 KJV), how can the Soul continue to exist after disunion when the Breath of Life returns to God from whence IT came and the Body returns to the dust from whence it was taken?

That's like saying the Light that comes into existence as a consequence of the union of Electric Current and a Bulb continues to exist after the Electric Current is switched off and the Bulb is unscrewed and put back on the shelf.

Both are impossibilities.

Rev 6
When He (the Lamb) broke open the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained [out of loyalty to Christ]. 10 They cried in a loud voice, saying, “O Lord, holy and true, how long now before You will sit in judgment and avenge our blood on those [unregenerate ones] who dwell on the earth?”

11 Then they were each given a white robe; and they were told to rest and wait quietly for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers and sisters who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed.