Hatred For Revelations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Yes there are so called Christians that hate the book of Revelations! Why because it does not fall in line with their twisted thinking about the future of this world and man!! And those jews and Israel hate >hate it hate it!!
The book of Revelation is God’s final Scripture to mankind. It covers the time of the days of the apostles up to our day, and even the future beyond us, to the very end of time and beginning of eternity.

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.” (Rev 1:1-2)

God gave to Jesus this revelation, and Jesus sent an angel to give it to John. Most translations (including the New American Standard that I am using here) say “communicated” it, but the King James Version says it best, for instead of “communicated,” it says the revelation was “signified.” To signify means to show by means of signs and symbols, and that is exactly what occurs in the book of Revelation. There are signs and symbols throughout it.

Keep in mind, though, that a sign or symbol, though figurative (i.e. symbolic), has a literal (i.e. actual) meaning behind it. When driving in the United States, every driver will see a sign posted on the side of the road, usually at intersections. It is mounted roughly as high as a man; has 8 sides; is painted red; and has 4 letters on it: S-T-O-P. While the familiar STOP sign is only a symbol, it has a literal meaning behind it. The driver of a motor vehicle is to use brakes to bring the vehicle to a complete stop.

The signs and symbols used in Revelation have literal meanings behind them. Fortunately, we are not left in the dark as to what they mean. The interpretation is either within Revelation itself, or can be found elsewhere in the Bible where the same symbols are used. Hence, to understand Revelation, you must use the rest of the Bible.

“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near,” (Rev 1:3)

There are seven blessings in Revelation, and this verse is the first of them (see Rev 1:3; 14:13; 16:15; 19:9; 20:6; 22:7; 22:14). The letter was meant to be read in a church, and people were to hear it. More importantly, they were to heed it. James wrote:

“Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer, but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does” (James 1:21-25).

Just as James teaches us that “an effectual doer…will be blessed in what he does,” so Revelation gives a blessing on “he who reads…and those who hear…and heed.”

“John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood–and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father–to Him be the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen” (Rev 1:4-6).

John greets the seven churches, of which more will be said in Rev chapters 2 & 3, with the familiar Christian ‘grace and peace’ greeting found in nearly all the epistles (see Rom 1:7; 1 Cor 1:3; 2 Cor 1:2; Gal 1:3; Eph 1:2; Phil 1:2; Col 1:2; 1 Thes 1:1; 2 Thes 1:2; 1 Tim 1:2; 2 Tim 1:2; Titus 1:4; Philemon 3; Heb 13:25; 1 Pet 1:2; 2 Pet 1:2; 2 John 3; 3 John 15; Jude 2).

I was taught that the greeting is a combination of Greek and Hebrew cultures. The Greeks greeted each other with grace, while the Hebrews greeted then (and still do today) each other with ‘shalom,’ which means ‘peace.’ The Church is a blend of Jew and Gentile, and the greeting reflects this.

After John’s greeting, he says from whom comes that greeting – none other than each member of the Trinity: “Him who is and who was and who is to come” is God the Father; “the seven Spirits” is the God the Holy Spirit; and “Jesus Christ” is God the Son. John tells us things about Jesus.

He is the “faithful witness.” During His time on Earth, Jesus faithfully did the task God had given Him, and had been a witness to who God is:

“I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work You have given Me to do” (John 17:4).

“I manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world…” (John 17:6a).

Jesus is the firstborn of the dead. This speaks of His resurrection, of which He is the first to be resurrected, and that we who believe will also follow.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Paul wrote of the resurrection:

“But each in his own order: Christ, the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming” (1 Cor 15:23).

Jesus is the ruler of the kings of the earth. One day, Jesus will rule the nations:

“Then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power” (1 Cor 15:24).

“I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD. He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance and the very ends of the earth as Your possession’” (Ps 2:7-8).

John gives praise to Jesus, telling how He loves us and gave His blood to pay for our sins. Notice when it says “released us from our sins,” the verb tense is past tense. Jesus has ‘released’ us. It is an accomplished fact; it is not something that will hopefully happen some day in the future, but is over with and finished. We are made ‘priests.’ A priest takes the things of people and gives them to God; a prophet takes the things of God and gives them to people. So it is that we as Christians, when we pray, we are acting as priests as we take our concerns and those of our fellow man and bring them before God in prayer. Peter wrote: “Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).

“Behold He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen” (Rev 1:7).

Daniel prophesied of Jesus in His Second Coming, saying:

“I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him” (Dan 7:13).

When Jesus was before the Sanhedrin in His trial, they put Him under oath to answer their question of Who He was, and Jesus answered from that prophecy in Daniel:

“But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, ‘I adjure you by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.’ Jesus said to him, ‘You have said it yourself; nevertheless, I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven’” (Matt 26:63-64).

Now, in Revelation, that ancient prophecy in Daniel is repeated again. Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him. This speaks of the entire human race, particularly the sons of Israel, whom Zechariah prophesied would pierce Jesus:

“I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of Grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn” (Zech 12:10).

The piercing happened at the crucifixion, when nails drove through His hands and feet, and a spear pierced His side.

”I am the Alpha and Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty’” (Rev 1:8).

Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, and their use represents the eternal nature of God. He was there before anything was created, and will always be there, even beyond the end of the world. Almighty means that He is all-powerful. Someone has said that almighty means that God can do everything there is that can be done, all simultaneously, and it is not even an effort for Him.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The signs and symbols used in Revelation have literal meanings behind them. Fortunately, we are not left in the dark as to what they mean. The interpretation is either within Revelation itself, or can be found elsewhere in the Bible where the same symbols are used. Hence, to understand Revelation, you must use the rest of the Bible.

“John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood–and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father–to Him be the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen” (Rev 1:4-6).

”I am the Alpha and Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty’” (Rev 1:8).
GINOLJC, to all. please examine what you wrote. let's just take one point.

#1. U said, "After John’s greeting, he says from whom comes that greeting – none other than each member of the Trinity: “Him who is and who was and who is to come” is God the Father".
Him who is and who was and who is to come” is God the Father"?. let's see. is not the Alpha and Omega is the "Him who is and who was and who is to come, as you say the Father? now this Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last". so the Alpha and Omega is the first and the last. now let's see who the first and last is? Revelation 1:17 & 18 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death". well this is the Lord Jesus the Christ. but you said that "Him who is and who was and who is to come, is the Father. but the scriptures states, "Him who is and who was and who is to come, is the Son, the Lord Jesus. so can you explain this please.

then we can get to the 7 Spirits.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@blessedhope Hi there.
You err when you paint everyone with the same brush and judge like this.
( not that those posts were written by you, but cut and pastes...you should credit who originally wrote them)
I do not know any christians which- " hate the book of The Revelation".
That is an untrue statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@botlessedhope Hi there.
You err when you paint everyone with the same brush and judge like this.
( not that those posts were written by you, but cut and pastes...you should credit who originally wrote them)
That is an untrue statement.
i didn't quite get that either, was keeping an open mind for now lol, being as how so many read it as a roadmap to some literal future events.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i didn't quite get that either, was keeping an open mind for now lol, being as how so many read it as a roadmap to some literal future events.

LOL Oh my golly I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw your quote of what I had written. I had misspelled the name 'blessedhope' and written @botlessedhope I have now changed it to the correct spelling :)

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
That is an untrue statement. AAAA >> you should butt your lip and read more posts then mine, missed a few I see start reading and if you can not find them {CAT IT WAS} that you defend soooo! Enjoy

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
OO > so sorry It was A post of Mine>>> you should butt your lip and read more posts then mine>> you missed It >> WOW! do you want to bring it all up in your FACE?? MMM

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL Oh my golly I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw your quote of what I had written. I had misspelled the name 'blessedhope' and written @botlessedhope I have now changed it to the correct spelling :)
haha, now you know how I feel ! You have got me that way, as have 'bbyrd'...Actually had to get a new keyboard recently lol

Reactions: Helen