• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think it is valid for Christians to consider leaving the United States?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand not everyone here is from the United States. But for those who do live there, such as myself, American society has become ever more secular, materialistic and increasingly hostile to Christianity and its associated family values - there are rising divorce rates, increasing amount of vulgarity and violence in popular culture such as Hollywood, mental illnesses, our broken health care system and student debt problems, the systemic failures in our education system, a drastic rise in violent crime in recent years, mass shootings, substance abuse and drug addiction problems, joblessness, and of course, faith and spirituality both seem to be in very heavy decline.

And if you've been on social media or some "mainstream" online forums recently...the people are SO hateful and dismissive of Christianity that even some atheists would be frankly somewhat shocked at their intensity. Like, there was a feminist who argued that Christianity's attitude of encouraging modesty regarding women helped promoted a culture of assault against them or something. And that is far from the most extreme view I have encountered.

There is a definite sense of lack of real purpose and deeper meaning in life and existence for so many Americans today, a kind of nihilistic and jaded self-absorption - there is no real deeper moral compass to anchor them as they travel through the myriad complexities of an ever increasingly complicated and fragmented society. And of course, the ongoing political problems, amidst all this recent chaos and confusion - both parties seem to hate each other more than ever, so much that I must wonder whether the two-party system itself is somehow outdated or becoming flawed.

Is it not telling that most Americans despise each other more than they do any other country nowadays? Is ANY other society quite this deeply divided and polarized as we are now? Add that to that entire complicated mess in Afghanistan (even Democrats are no longer as supportive of Joe Biden after recent developments) - and we have a very sad situation, objectively speaking. All of this has, quite honestly, disillusioned me for quite a while now, not just one or two different issues or problems, but all of them piled on top of each other.

I do believe that change is necessary for any society - but what most people forget is that it is possible for a society to "regress" as well as "progress" - or that not all change is necessarily for the better in the long run. And sometimes, seeing so much darkness and mutual hatred almost everywhere I look, I cannot help but wonder whether America is a fallen nation already.
In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/03/29/church-membership-fallen-below-majority/

My brothers and sisters in Christ, what do you think? Do you think these concerns are valid? Do you think it is legitimate to consider leaving the United States, for another country?

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Matthew 6:24)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand not everyone here is from the United States. But for those who do live there, such as myself, American society has become ever more secular, materialistic and increasingly hostile to Christianity and its associated family values - there are rising divorce rates, increasing amount of vulgarity and violence in popular culture such as Hollywood, mental illnesses, a drastic rise in violent crime in recent years, mass shootings, substance abuse and drug addiction problems, joblessness, and of course, faith and spirituality both seem to be in very heavy decline.

There is a definite sense of lack of real purpose and deeper meaning in life and existence for so many Americans today, a kind of nihilistic and jaded self-absorption - there is no real deeper moral compass to anchor them as they travel through the myriad complexities of an ever increasingly complicated and fragmented society. And of course, the ongoing political problems, amidst all this recent chaos and confusion - both parties seem to hate each other more than ever, so much that I must wonder whether the two-party system itself is somehow outdated or becoming flawed.

Is it not telling that most Americans despise each other more than they do any other country nowadays? Is ANY other society quite this deeply divided and polarized as we are now? Add that to that entire complicated mess in Afghanistan (even Democrats are no longer as supportive of Joe Biden after recent developments) - and we have a very sad situation, objectively speaking. All of this has, quite honestly, disillusioned me for quite a while now, not just one or two different issues or problems, but all of them piled on top of each other.

I do believe that change is necessary for any society - but what most people forget is that it is possible for a society to "regress" as well as "progress" - or that not all change is necessarily for the better in the long run. And sometimes, seeing so much darkness and mutual hatred almost everywhere I look, I cannot help but wonder whether America is a fallen nation already.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/03/29/church-membership-fallen-below-majority/

My brothers and sisters in Christ, what do you think? Do you think these concerns are valid? Do you think it is legitimate to consider leaving the United States, for another country?

Im originally from UK ,now the last 49 yrs in Canada. I have thought of leaving the planet. Hahahaha!!

My question would be - where would you go?
As we are now under a one world government , there is NO "save place" to go!!

When Watchman Nee was in prison he could not escape , he said ..."When a child of God is feeling trapped, the only way of escape is UPWARD into the Spirit.

That is the only "safe place"for us.

My two cents

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS to my last post.

The ONLY time that it is valid to leave anywhere , be it town, city , or country, is like did Abraham...by the hearing of the ear...by the divine Word of God.
Other than that, we are the diver of our lives, not Father God.

"In Him we live and move and have our being..."

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I've considered becoming an expatriot when I'm older, although not for any reasons like yours I am not too concerned with the politics here. Mainly to either a) live in a much cheaper place while working online (therefore my money will go far further and make my life easier) like the Philippines or b) live in Europe and be closer to the holy places of old there and the Holy Land, while getting free University and healthcare, not to mention it just being filled with beautiful history to look at there. Not sure if I will permanently ever leave though and not just experience another place for a decade or so if possible. I do still love the place.

If politics and our situation is a concern for someone I'd also think it's valid to leave and consider it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand not everyone here is from the United States. But for those who do live there, such as myself, American society has become ever more secular, materialistic and increasingly hostile to Christianity and its associated family values - there are rising divorce rates, increasing amount of vulgarity and violence in popular culture such as Hollywood, mental illnesses, a drastic rise in violent crime in recent years, mass shootings, substance abuse and drug addiction problems, joblessness, and of course, faith and spirituality both seem to be in very heavy decline.

Where would you go that would be any better? Since the Arab Spring, it has been going on everywhere, this unrest, and it’s been building. And COVID is going on everywhere. And as a whole, crazy left is the direction almost anywhere you look, except for where you see crazy Islamist groups.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your right , american society , our churches in large , have become more secular than ever .
BUT WHERE are you gonna flee too . Will you flee to the UK . ITS THERE TOO .
WILL you flee to australia , ITS THERE TOO .
THE ONLY WAY to escape this delusion would be to go to a remote island . BUT IF WE DO THAT , WHO will we shine the LIGHT OF CHRIST UNTO .
THIS ENTIRE WORLD IS TANKED . I have a dear loved SISTER in the uk , She can tell you , ITS NOT BETTER OFF being there
than over here , I Have lambs who are in canada , THEY WOULD SAY THE SAME
ITS ALL OVER THIS WORLD , ITS ALL OVER the churches in this world . SO where on earth will one truly flee
and if they did it would have to be an island that is desolate . BUT IF that island contains no other person , THEN WHO we will
shine the LIGHT OF CHRIST UNTO . THUS we must stand our ground and hold the course . KNOWING FULL WELL
WE IN THE LAST AND FINAL DAYS . WE MUST DO ALL NOW to correct error , to POINT TO JESUS
and pray TO GOD that some might hear and repent . THIS WORLD IS DONE IN my friend . ITS DONE IN .
WE ARE TRULY IN THE LAST AND FINAL DAYS . LAST AND FINAL DAYS . STAY THE COURSE IN JESUS
and be prepared to be hated and even killed . CAUSE ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE IN THE WORLD and in Mainstream churchs .
STRAP ON THE ARMOUR MY FRIEND . WE MUST STAND FOR THE TRUTH IN THIS LAST AND FINAL HOUR . KNOWING FULL WELL
that the cost will be great . BUT ALSO KNOWING FULL WELL that no matter what surrounds us , THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how shall they hear unless on be sent?

At the end of the day, I live where God puts me, so it's not really up to me.

It's posts like this turn off so many people as it embraces death, if not suicide.

Christopher Columbus is credited with bringing Christianity to half the globe. He did not do this by 'living where God put him.'

We have no obligation under God to commit suicide. We have no obligation to put ourselves in harms way and risk our life. Guess what? We can serve God and spread the word from afar as Rome burns. Imagine the headlines turning from illegal immigrants to MASS CHRISTIAN EXODUS. The sooner America hits bottom, the sooner it will rebound into Christ's arms.

Reactions: LouisWilliams

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where would you go that would be any better? Since the Arab Spring, it has been going on everywhere, this unrest, and it’s been building. And COVID is going on everywhere. And as a whole, crazy left is the direction almost anywhere you look, except for where you see crazy Islamist groups.
SPOT ON RIGHT SISTER . TO WHERE COULD WE FLEE . FLEE TO CHRIST and STAND OUR GROUND .
THIS ol world aint gonna get better , nor will the mainstream churches . We are in what is known and what was called
THEM FINAL DAYS . ALL WE CAN DO IS POINT TO JESUS . PRAY also for those who are going out and making the final stand .
But let us all know this , IN THIS WORLD YE GONNA HAVE TRIBULATION and IT is only GONNA GET FAR WORSE
so long as we are in this world . ITS DONE SISTER . WE in them days now . WE ARE IN THEM FINAL DAYS .
POINT TO CHRIST and no matter what we suffer in this world , no matter if we die , WE GOT ALL HOPE , JESUS ALONE IS OUR ONLY HOPE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how shall they hear unless on be sent?

At the end of the day, I live where God puts me, so it's not really up to me.

Much love!
KEEP THAT MINDSET MY FRIEND . Lott was surrounded , noah was surrounded , the lambs will also be surrounded by muchevil .
PREACH THE BIBLICAL JESUS UNTO THE END . NO fear of man , no fear to suffer and no fear of death .
JESUS IS WITH THE LAMBS . AND IF HE BE WITH US , THEN WE HAVE ALL WE NEED EVEN AT OUR DEATH .
CLING TO JESUS MY FRIEND . CLING TO JESUS . THIS WORLD IS GONNA GET FAR WORSE .
Okay , i know that last thing sounds impossible , DUE TO WE must be thinking WELL HOW MUCH WORSE can it Get .
BUT So long as this world spins , ITS GONNA GET WORSE . ITS what JESUS warned about , the apostels too .
CLING TO JESUS and if we suffer and die , THEN JUST KNOW HE IS WITH US and WE GOT ALL HOPE WE NEED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's posts like this turn off so many people as it embraces death, if not suicide.

Christopher Columbus is credited with bringing Christianity to half the globe. He did not do this by 'living where God put him.'

We have no obligation under God to commit suicide. We have no obligation to put ourselves in harms way and risk our life. Guess what? We can serve God and spread the word from afar as Rome burns. Imagine the headlines turning from illegal immigrants to MASS CHRISTIAN EXODUS. The sooner America hits bottom, the sooner it will rebound into Christ's arms.
Death and suicide . YOU MEAN LIFE ETERNAL AND IF WE DO DIE ITS FAR GREATER TO BE WITH JESUS .
If one dies for JESUS , IT AINT SUICIDE , ITS JUST BEING COUNTED WORTHY TO SUFFER FOR HIM .
And if one does die , THEY are in a far better place . NO FEAR OF MAN , NO FEAR OF DEATH , NO FEAR TO SUFFER FOR JESUS .
JUST remember this , HAPPY ARE YE WHEN YE ARE PERSECUTED FOR HIS NAME SAKE . LEARN the JESUS OF THAT BIBLE .
ITS what i say to one and its what i say to all . THEY can pry that bible from my dead cold hands . BUT THEY AINT GONNA PRY IT
so long as I live from these hands or from this heart . FOR GOD INSPIRED IT . AND THE JESUS OFTHAT BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUE JESUS .

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Are you sure you're not writing about Victoria Australia?????
I voted no. I don't think Christians should consider leaving the USA. There are people there who need Jesus, just as they do where I live. In Vic. Oz. The state government here is totally and rabidly anti Christian. It has passed the some of the most liberal 'progressive' socialist laws in the world. I could leave and go back home to New Zealand. But it's almost as bad there. You can't run away from the rising tide of secularism and anti God thought and practice. It's worldwide and it needs a witness to testify against it. That's you and me.
But secularism in the US isn't your greatest threat. Not by a long way. The greatest and most imminent threat to the future of peace and security in the US is the takeover of the political government by the religious right. A union of church and state through the fall of all apostate protestantism seeing political power to 'christianize America'. If you want to run away from anything, run from that.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Already have left the united states... i am just a sojourner here, and this world is not my home.

With this perspective in mind, it does not matter where you live in this world.

God bless

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure you're not writing about Victoria Australia?????
I voted no. I don't think Christians should consider leaving the USA. There are people there who need Jesus, just as they do where I live. In Vic. Oz. The state government here is totally and rabidly anti Christian. It has passed the some of the most liberal 'progressive' socialist laws in the world. I could leave and go back home to New Zealand. But it's almost as bad there. You can't run away from the rising tide of secularism and anti God thought and practice. It's worldwide and it needs a witness to testify against it. That's you and me.
But secularism in the US isn't your greatest threat. Not by a long way. The greatest and most imminent threat to the future of peace and security in the US is the takeover of the political government by the religious right. A union of church and state through the fall of all apostate protestantism seeing political power to 'christianize America'. If you want to run away from anything, run from that.
Thanks for that reminder my friend . I have a few friends over in new zealand as well , THEY WOULD SAY THE SAME THING .
THIS ol world is done my friend . ITS DONE . ALL we can do is stand our ground on CHRIST and contend and defend for the true faith
to the very end . SOME will hear , BUT MOST ARE GONNA GO SAVAGE MAD with hate against the truth . OH WELL ,
AT LEAST JESUS was pointed too and our END IS GOOD and may some hear and repent .

Reactions: Brakelite

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been hearing for years that if I'm conservative and a Christian, I'm the problem so you haven't said anything new. And meanwhile, I live my quiet life of trust.

Edit: answering backlits post
Yeah , ignore MSM and most churches and this world . ALL we can do IS CONTEND and DENFED for the true faith now
that and also PRAY for those who do so . PRAYER IS A REAL GOOD THING SISTER . SO PRAY PRAY PRAY that
the LORD send laborers into the harvest and that none does enter into temptation . FOR THE SPIRIT IS ALWAYS READY
but the flesh is weak . Now let the glorious LORD be praised and thanked .