"Have faith in God"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does a mountain have to do with having faith in God?

Genesis 22: 2 says Abraham was told by God “Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of…”

There, on the mountain God told Abraham of, a foreshadowing of the cross is laid bare. An act of obedience and trust that defies our logic. These passages of scripture often horrify mothers and children leaving them with questions of why would God ask a father to sacrifice his son? Why would God give a command and then moments before the sacrifice is carried out, stop the act of obedience and instead provide a ram caught in the thorns?

How often does God use the physical to demonstrate the spiritual? I am going to present to you that, possibly, mountain has a spiritual meaning which is: kingdom. Not always. Sometimes a mountain is what it is…a physical mountain. Tangible. Climbable. As eyes of the blind can be both; physical and spiritual. We can be naked physically, or spiritually naked. Both have profound meaning. We can commit adultery physically, or spiritually (against God). Same as fowl does not always mean bird, but rather something “unclean”. It is interesting that Noah brought fowls onto the ark also. We see a God that is always in control.

Will a mountain study benefit us in any way? Will it provide any insight into the application of seeking God’s face? Can it increase our faith in God? "The mountain" and "mountains", and "The kingdom" and "kingdoms" has left me with more questions than it has answered. But it has also, once again, left me in awe and realizing just how awesome God is!

So that this post is not too long I will only post highlights from the study.

Exodus 3:1 Moses came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

3:12 Ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

Moses’ cry/prayer: Exodus 15 …plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, O Lord, which thy hands have established.

Deuteronomy 4:11-12

And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deuteronomy 32:22

For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest of hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains (kingdoms).

Deuteronomy 33:19

They shall call the people unto the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness; for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand.

Joshua 2:6

And she said unto them, get you to the mountain…hide yourselves three days…

Joshua 2:22

And they went, and came unto the mountain, and abode there three day…pursuers returned…sought them throughout but found them not.

Genesis 19: Lot escapes into the mountain.

Exodus 19: 3 And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain.

Joshua 14:12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day;

Joshua 17:18 But the mountain shall be thine;

Isaiah 25: 10 For in this mountain shall the hand of the Lord rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the dunghill.

We cannot leave out the statue in Daniels vision.

Daniel 2: 34-35

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. *(clay and iron, and brake them to pieces hasn't happened yet, correct?

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Luke 9: 28-36

And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

Question: what mountain?

Mark 11:22-23 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Shall come to pass is different than in the other gospels. Shall come to pass...

Revelation 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Accidental? Again Deuteronomy 4:11-12
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The question I am left with. When does this mountain get cast into the sea and the water turns to blood? Is the sea spiritual for: gentiles? Has this happened already, the Lords words coming to pass? Or are they future tense? Either way, whether it is past(the crucifixion) or future tense. Physical or spiritual. It is INCREDIBLE! His words do not fail.

Zechariah 4: 6-7 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.
Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009