Have you believed in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the New Testament, John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

3KomFY2.png

John 10:10 tells the reason why Jesus – the Son of God – came to earth: “…I came that everyone might have life, and have it abundantly.” What has blocked God's love for you? What is stopping you from living a rich life?

Man is corrupted by sin, separated from God. As a result, people do not know that God has a wonderful plan for each of their lives. Romans 3:23 confirms, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” and “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). God created us to have a father-son relationship with Him. However, the man brought sin into the world and distanced himself from God, destroying the relationship He intended for us.

Jesus is God's only solution to man's sin. Through Jesus, we are forgiven of our sins, and restored to fellowship with Him: “But God demonstrates his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, he Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

So, you need to know and trust Him in order to be saved: “…Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures. He was buried, and on the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

Jesus, Himself declared that He was the only way to salvation. “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except by me” (John 14:6). So, how can I receive the miraculous gift of salvation?

Man must put his faith in Jesus as Savior to receive the gift of salvation, and to know God's wondrous plan for him. “To those who received Him, that is, believed in His name, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).

“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8-9)

If you are willing to accept Jesus as your Savior, say these words to God: “Lord, I know that I have sinned against You and deserve to be punished, but Jesus took it. punishment for me so that in faith in Jesus I am forgiven. I renounce my sins and put my trust in Your salvation. Thank God for His wonderful grace and forgiveness. Amen!".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you believed in God?
OP ^

Yes, I believed, and by, through, of the POWER of God IN me, (my KEEPER) maintains my belief in God.

Because:
1 John 4:
[
4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Glory to God,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Jennifer Rogers It's a wonderful verse, John 3:16, containing an excellent summary of the Gospel........:)

There's no 'foolproof' formula for a conversion prayer, but the doctrine and truth of John 3.16 are truly both sublime and practical.....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you believed in God? ^^

If I answer "yes" to this question posed in the thread title, what I am saying is that once upon time I believed in God, but I may not necessarily believe in God now. Answering this question with either a "yes" or a "no" produces the same conclusion.

The question is a bit like "Do you still beat your significant other?" No matter how I respond I will be condemned for beating my significant other.

The better question to ask anyone is: -

"How is your relationship with the god that you are worshipping right at this very moment?"

This question offers more opportunities to have a God conversation with others than "Have you or do you believe in God?"

The question in the Thread's title only requires a closed response of Yes, No or I don't know, response does not probe where the person is at.

The question that I would pose, requires the person to tell me how their relationship with the god that they are worshipping is going and is a good starting point for a conversation.

Shalom

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

sj385

Jul 24, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give testimony as to why you believe? I believe it was Paul that said to always be ready to give account for why you believe.

The fulfilled Old Testament prophecies about Christ are one of the biggest reasons I believe. Answered prayers is another. The martyrdom of all the Apostles except John is another big one.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Can you give testimony as to why you believe? I believe it was Paul that said to always be ready to give account for why you believe.

The fulfilled Old Testament prophecies about Christ are one of the biggest reasons I believe. Answered prayers is another. The martyrdom of all the Apostles except John is another big one.
Hi @sj385 Good to see you.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3.15).

sj385

Jul 24, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @sj385 Good to see you.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3.15).
Oh so it was Peter! Thank you for the correction:)