Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians...has an atheist or just anyone ever challenged you to,
"Well, heal somebody then, you're a Christian, right?"

Would you?
Or say if you were pleasantly asked to pray for someone for a healing, would you?
Have you?

If you haven't stepped up to bat, why not?
Thanks in advance for anyone interested in posting :)

Reactions: Nancy

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
any time Jesus was as you say "challenged" to prove that He is who He is, He always denied the request. didn't He? wasn't even Satan that did so in the desert? so why would this be something you'd want to talk about?

Jesus looked for faith, and honored it, everything else was left to be where it was.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Would you?
i gotta assume you mean "physical" healing, right?
@VictoryinJesus, i think it was, posted a great thing along these lines the other day, the "raise the dead" et al reflection? maybe he'll redo it here
Or say if you were pleasantly asked to pray for someone for a healing, would you?
Have you?
sure, i go "i wish you were healed," just like the Bible says, that's all a prayer is, opens up the channels for doing i guess
i actually did bring a bat to meet Benny Hinn, plannin on usin it too, but they wouldn't let me :D
glad now, though...most of the time

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would you?
Have you?

I have been asked to pray for a healing at least once that I can recall. The first one had to do with his tooth. He was scheduled to get his tooth removed and the pain was nagging him to no end, so he just asked me to "heal him". He came back days later and told me that he was no longer in pain, but he still had to get his tooth removed later on, so I guess you can call that a "healing" of some type for what that's worth.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
my answer is that really they need spiritual healing, and the physical would follow. Not sure specifically what kind of healing you meant, as there are many kinds, but most of them--for US--are due to malnutrition anyway, so iow the "spirit" needs to be adjusted so the blind spot of eating CAFO yack and sugar needs to be remedied, there. imo.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my answer is that really they need spiritual healing, and the physical would follow. Not sure specifically what kind of healing you meant, as there are many kinds, but most of them--for US--are due to malnutrition anyway, so iow the "spirit" needs to be adjusted so the blind spot of eating CAFO yack and sugar needs to be remedied, there. imo.
Too much emphasis by too many people on the natural or physical rather than what God considers important. Also too many prayers prayed amiss.

There are undoubtedly times when physical healing should occur according to God's purpose, but man effectively blocks it. I've done it too many times to be unaware. We always need to remember what need to always be first.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much emphasis by too many people on the natural or physical rather than what God considers important. Also too many prayers prayed amiss.

There are undoubtedly times when physical healing should occur according to God's purpose, but man effectively blocks it. I've done it too many times to be unaware. We always need to remember what need to always be first.
Well, seems to me Jesus, God's exact rep...that also did nothing except what the Father willed,
saw to it not one person far or near, singular or in a crowd was not healed.

What "need to always be first" are you referring to?

Seems to me God considers healing as a top wish.

Reactions: Ally.s.j and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Would you?
Have you?

You do always post some good threads.
Interesting subject :)

Yes, I have had the "challenging" question.
But would not "be a performing monkey" for them...it is too obvious which spirit is behind that challenge...not God's for sure. No, I would always let it drop to the floor. :)

Also have been asked- " Go on then - speak in tongues for me, prove that you can."
The answer is always NO.

But, that said, we have often (and still do) pray for none believers who need healing. And seen them healed.
My husband asked a man the other day if he could pray for him.
Some say 'no thank you'...some say 'yes please'...
Acts 10:38 says
"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

It does not say that he only went to the believers. :)

Bless you...H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, seems to me Jesus, God's exact rep...that also did nothing except what the Father willed,
saw to it not one person far or near, singular or in a crowd was not healed.

Two things on this.

First Jesus was a special case who was drawing national/international attention to himself for God's purpose. The purpose was never to heal all of the physical sicknesses among men. This is but a spot in the road on the way to God's focal point. The point is for people to get interested in loving God and being with Him always... not to live a long healthy physical life, but to receive real Life and to Love God as He already loved them.

Consider the case the first definite martyr after the resurrection: Stephen? He was a young man when he died with nothing to show for his time spent here in his body of flesh. He had no wife and no children and apparently no material goods. But... he had in the end more than all of us on this forum.

As to healing everyone, Jesus did not. For example he did not heal the lame man at the Beautiful Gate who was finally by healed by Peter in Acts 3. That man had been at that gate daily for years, yet Jesus did not heal him. He certainly passed that gate and that man many times during his ministry in Jerusalem

Also he healed only "a few sick folk" in his home town because of their unbelief [Mark 6:5].

At the Gadarenes where he allowed the legion of demons go out of the possessed man into their herd of swine the people from the city wanted him to leave them and he did![Matt 8:34]

What "need to always be first" are you referring to?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Seems to me God considers healing as a top wish.
I think not! Consider what Jesus said:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

By Life He was NOT speaking of our time to be spent here in this corrupted dying bit of flesh and bone. He was speaking about the Life that He was and is:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

God was not interested in anything more than giving people back the Life which man had not had since he gone the wrong way in the Garden of Eden.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Would you?
Have you?

I've not been asked by an Atheist in response to a personal need that I recall. Mocking Christians takes a back seat to theirs or a loved one's afflictions, so I doubt they would ask insincerely if the need is real.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DPM makes a good point. Jesus is indeed the best example of healing, and it was always based on faith, believe, and "that you may know" the power of God.

Personally, I look at the need for healing and feel like a whimp. But then there are times when I know I can move mountains. I also know it isn't me, but Him who is with me. I don't have a good example of healing, it's just never come up. But I do know it is possible, and it starts by being willing...and getting out of the way.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm...maybe I am mistaken...I did leave out the words, "when asked'',
Jesus healed everyone, no? Everyone, sorry, when asked.
This, also is not a thread on what is more important....but if asked and you didn't
pray for a healing for someone ...how come? That is in the op.

Jesus gave 2 commandments...why complicate things? If your husband or friend
were sick, they asked you as a Christian to pray for a healing for them, since you have the
direct line to contact the Holy Spirit, in their minds after hearing you all these years, ha...
is anyone going to start in on how. ''that is not the most imp thing...they are too concerned
with the physical''?
Because if so...I would be speechless.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Ally.s.j

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last yr on a plane from Philly to Dallas...5 times I was overwhelmed or compelled, just taking
off...to talk to the black, 52 yr. old, business woman next to me; very much
like Viola Davis, and distinguished....could have been intimidating , I suppose.

''Gee, already'', I think to the Holy Spirit, "Ok", so I turn, now in the air, and say,
"I'm sorry, I'm being compelled to ask you'',
(not true, this was not a question)," you are a Christian, Baptized in the Holy Spirit and
Speak in Tongues" a subtle ? in my last word.
Without hesitation, she says," Yes, on all three."
She thought nothing of it, soon showing me a book she was reading..pretty soon,
I ask, ''And you do healings?"
She says, 'No.'
I say, "Oh, well, that is something for you to think about", with a smile...she's says,
"It never occurred to me...I will meditate on it. Thank you."

I don't think many, with the power in them that parted the Red Sea, think of doing
healings* for people ...praying for them, however you say it.
Thus, the topic.

*Again, the Holy Spirit does the healing, as we know.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in reality who has the power to honor faith. and one could say faith in what, or who?

only God has the power to honor Faith in Him. the church doesn't have that power, it is not the church's power no more than the throne was King David's throne. David knew and treated the throne as though it was the Lord's throne. the power is God's power. Jesus told them strait out that He did nothing without the Father and could do nothing without the Father. the power is God's.

therefore is the Living God, Creator of Heaven and earth really with you? Jesus was able by the approval of His Father in Heaven, therefore what is thy relationship, if any, with God? and the truth is, its not yours, Its Christ's, if its in and through Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would you?
Have you?

I agree with many here that have mentioned Spiritual healing rather than the physical. Not that God doesn't have compassion on both; but one is fading away.

Isaiah 30:26 KJV
[26] Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Is clearly Spiritual. The breach(gulf) is our transgression separating us from God.

Isaiah 53:3-5 KJV
[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

God's will is a hundred percent spiritual healing without fail. So when scripture says He will give us(a son) anything he ask in HIS name...the promise is Spirtual and whether we see it or not, those prayers are always answered. Even if the physical says otherwise.

Proverbs 20:30 KJV
[30] The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do [stripes] the inward parts of the belly.

By HIS stripes the "inward part" is healed. Again, it is Spiritual and true and never failing. It is a promise.

Exodus 29:17 KJV
[17] And thou shalt cut the ram in pieces, and [wash the inwards] of him, and his legs, and put them unto his pieces, and unto his head.

Man's appetite comes from the belly. So, I ask is our appetite for the Lord, or is our appetite to gain the world. Which is more important: physical healing or Spiritual healing? Why are stages and stadiums not full of people confessing God's promise for compete Spiritual healing? Why is not the focus on an individual becoming no longer an enemy of God? Should this wonderful truth not be shouted from the roof top to the lost and weary? Why is there such a display of the physical with what can be seen with the eyes of man? Why do millions flock to hear the message of physical prosperity, physical healing, and gain in this life? I have asked God why and this is what He provided:

Unlike the physical, The Spiritual happens between an individual and God. It is private and intimate and is rarely seen by the world. Or can be seen. To them it is foolishness. God does it. When we pray for someone, God goes to work in that individuals life; it is between them and God.
To raise the dead
To heal and bind up the broken heart
To bring sight to the blind
To unstop the ears of the disbelieving
To feed the poor in Spirit
To clothe the naked...
It all manifest in the unseen and is between the individual and God.
How can man harness and make merchandise of this? The Kingdom of God is hidden and can not be made merchandise.

Would we rather be numbered among the nine made clean...or among the one that returned for relationship?
Luke 17:12-21
[12] And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: [13] And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. [14] And when he saw them , he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, [as they went, they were cleansed].

[15] And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

[16] And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

[17] And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? [18] There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. [19] And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with many here that have mentioned Spiritual healing rather than the physical.
Not that God doesn't have compassion on both; but one is fading away.
Hi Victory...thanks...but remember this wasn't about spiritual
healing...it's a thread on physical healing...like a person dying, a person with epilepsy,
a person with a tumor...and us being an intercessor...helping them...

Someone here... Wanna start a thread on Spiritual Healing and how it is needed?....
maybe how it is more imp than healing the sick?

Btw, going within to seek the Kingdom of God (or Heaven) was one of the first things
I took as a personal directive from Jesus...I went inside, in stillness...for decades and hours
and hours and hours a sitting, fasting and more hours...and by golly...you know what?
He was correct!
icon_cheers.gif

Reactions: Ally.s.j

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ha well i pray for Hinn now, he serves a purpose

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God was not interested in anything more than giving people back the Life which man had not had since he gone the wrong way in the Garden of Eden.
ya, that is the healing, right, requests for physical healing are not really even appropriate, in a sense. i guess there are exceptions, dunno.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Victory...thanks...but remember this wasn't about spiritual
healing...it's a thread on physical healing...like a person dying, a person with epilepsy,
a person with a tumor...and us being an intercessor...helping them...

The best way to help them is to pray for Spiritual healing. This is the intercessory prayer. Seek first the Kingdom of God. Why is it bothersome to you for [your] thread to take a spiritual turn rather than a physical one?