Have you ever been disappointed in what you read in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have. I hope I’m forgiven for that. I am.

example: the parables. I had to get an NIV Bible for help.

i think about pre-internet when you had to ask somebody to explain.

Important messages.

Reactions: Nancy
Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

that’s true…Jesus needed to dumb down the Word for this dude from time to time.

luckily I have Wikipedia …Ultimately God made the internet. The good parts of the internet .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Important messages.

My advice would be to ask the Lord in prayer before asking anyone else OR searching the internet, and welcome to Christianity Board. :)

The Lord promised His disciples that after His departure He would send the Holy Spirit, and that the Spirit of God Himself would lead them into all truth. That still applies today for anyone who has received the Spirit of God. He still teaches, and He still reveals, and those who ask for wisdom and refuse to back down in faith until they receive it directly from Him are taught by Him and not by man.

Now He may certainly lead you to go to certain websites, or purchase books on subjects, and you should certainly increase your ability to study the word of God itself so as to rightly divide on the issues. But go to the Lord Himself first and foremost. You can get some accurate information here and there sometimes, but you can also be misled with a ton of falsities as well if you are not careful, and that goes for reading things on this forum as well unfortunately.

God bless, and welcome once again.
Hidden in Him

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My advice would be to ask the Lord in prayer before asking anyone else OR search the internet, and welcome to Christianity Board. :)

The Lord promised His disciples that after His departure He would send the Holy Spirit, and that the Spirit of God Himself would lead them into all truth. That still applies today for anyone who has received the Spirit of God. He still teaches, and He still reveals, and those who ask for wisdom and refuse to back down in faith until they receive it directly from Him are taught by Him and not by man.

Now He may certainly lead you to go to certain websites, or purchase books on subjects, and you should certainly increase your ability to study the word of God itself so as to rightly divide on the issues. But go to the Lord Himself first and foremost. You can get some accurate information here and there sometimes, but you can also be misled with a ton of falsities as well if you are not careful, and that goes for reading things on this forum as well unfortunately.

Hidden in Him
@montana2manila Lots of people may offer you varied advice but you can be certain that what @Hidden In Him says is spot on and the best advice that you could get.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Important messages.

Scripture is a Book of Knowledge and Examples of Results for Following Which Knowledge.

Knowledge is simple...
Do this, for this result.
Do that, for that result.

Scripture is unlike any other Book.
An individual needs to Decide for himself...to Believe and Trust the Knowledge ... or not.

Humans are curious, and wildly Impatient. Waiting in line, waiting to uncover evidence, waiting for a phone call, waiting for an answer, waiting to see if you get “the” job, “the” loan, “the” marriage proposal, “the” house, “the” kid to grow up, “the” end happening of a movie, “the” light to turn green...

And in the interim of “waiting” impatiently...people LOVE to guess, speculate...and if it ends there, guessing, that is one thing.
When guessing and speculation, is spoken, heard, repeated to another...repeated to another...repeated to another....
Often times, (the speculation part is not mentioned), and the guessing, repeated and repeated has magically become a FACT...and repeated as a Fact.

Point being, decide to Believe and Trust Scripture...and thereafter, ASK, the Lord God, what you diligently SEEK, be Patient. The Lord God Himself will give you “HIS” understanding of “HIS” word.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@montana2manila Lots of people may offer you varied advice but you can be certain that what @Hidden In Him says is spot on and the best advice that you could get.

Not even me, LoL, although I do appreciate the compliment : )

But I do agree that you can find good information and insights out there, you just have to be selective and led by the Spirit of God. He is the only One you can be absolutely certain about.

Oh... you meant about my quote in particular. See there, case in point! LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh... you meant about my quote in particular. See there, case in point! LoL.

06d86dd084ca5dcda2409ef67a844c54.jpg

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disappointed ?

No. Not understanding some things yes but that comes with spiritual growth. We begin as babes, then toddlers, children, teenagers, young adults, adults, mature adults, grandparents etc...... And there is a direct correlation of time we put in and what we get from studying and applying Gods word to our life. We are disciples( learners, apprenticeship ) and we learn and grow day by day, week by week, year by year, decade by decade. Scripture uses terms /phrases like running the race, being a soldier , a builder, fighting the good fight, enduring , cultivating, study thyself to be approved and many other things that our daily life can relate to in the spiritual life. Things like thirsting after God like a deer pants for the water-brook, hunger for the word and being nourished by it, obedience, submission to the Lord, denying self among many other such things. It is a never ending quest of seeking first His kingdom and His Righteousness and trusting in Him. We are promised a difficult time in this world its not easy, there could be persecution and suffering as we stand for the Lord. But in all these things we can be more than conquerors through Christ. Trials/ testings will come along with temptations but He has provided a way of escape for us that we might be able to endure them. He promises us His peace in all circumstances as we trust in Him and not ourselves, our money, status, retirement etc....... All those things are temporal but his kingdom, His will is eternal. We set our minds on the things above not on the things of this earth that perish. We are citizens of heaven and strangers and aliens in this world. This world is not our home we are just passing through. We are transforming our minds daily and not being conformed to the ways of this world. And by this we prove what the will of God is that which is good and acceptable. I'm just paraphrasing scripture above and what the christian life is all about. We are all called to be His witnesses and we all have a testimony that can be shared with unbelievers. Some plant seed, others water, some till the ground, others reap the harvest but we all play a part in the process. We are salt and light in this world so even though we might not say anything our good deeds, how we act and live tells a lost world we are His disciples ( all men will know we are by our love for one another and how we love our neighbor) and march to a different drummer.

The Christian life is never boring and there is always something new we can learn each and every day. As long as we feed ourselves we will grow. Our relationship with God and its growth has a 1 to 1 correlation to the amount of quality time we spend and invest with the Lord through His word and prayer. He speaks to us though His word and us to Him through prayer. As long as its a priority to develop that relationship then God through His Holy Spirit will lead and guide you into the truth. If God is an afterthought then we will be tossed around to and fro by every wind of doctrine. I could ramble on and on about this but this is my summary off the top of my head. I was just typing as I was thinking. This can be a great place so just pray for discernment. This is just my 2 cents fwiw.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could a little man=a germ on a worm on a germ compared to Almighty GOD think they could really ever be "Disappointed" in the eternal living word of Almighty God?????

Reactions: montana2manila
Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice would be to ask the Lord in prayer before asking anyone else OR searching the internet, and welcome to Christianity Board. :)

Hidden in Him
I agree…..that I shall do

Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is a Book of Knowledge and Examples of Results for Following Which Knowledge.

Knowledge is simple...
Do this, for this result.
Do that, for that result.

Scripture is unlike any other Book.
An individual needs to Decide for himself...to Believe and Trust the Knowledge ... or not.

Humans are curious, and wildly Impatient. Waiting in line, waiting to uncover evidence, waiting for a phone call, waiting for an answer, waiting to see if you get “the” job, “the” loan, “the” marriage proposal, “the” house, “the” kid to grow up, “the” end happening of a movie, “the” light to turn green...

And in the interim of “waiting” impatiently...people LOVE to guess, speculate...and if it ends there, guessing, that is one thing.
When guessing and speculation, is spoken, heard, repeated to another...repeated to another...repeated to another....
Often times, (the speculation part is not mentioned), and the guessing, repeated and repeated has magically become a FACT...and repeated as a Fact.

Point being, decide to Believe and Trust Scripture...and thereafter, ASK, the Lord God, what you diligently SEEK, be Patient. The Lord God Himself will give you “HIS” understanding of “HIS” word.

Glory to God,
Taken
Message well taken. Bless you

Reactions: Nancy and Taken
Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disappointed ?

No. Not understanding some things yes but that comes with spiritual growth. We begin as babes, then toddlers, children, teenagers, young adults, adults, mature adults, grandparents etc...... And there is a direct correlation of time we put in and what we get from studying and applying Gods word to our life. We are disciples( learners, apprenticeship ) and we learn and grow day by day, week by week, year by year, decade by decade. Scripture uses terms /phrases like running the race, being a soldier , a builder, fighting the good fight, enduring , cultivating, study thyself to be approved and many other things that our daily life can relate to in the spiritual life. Things like thirsting after God like a deer pants for the water-brook, hunger for the word and being nourished by it, obedience, submission to the Lord, denying self among many other such things. It is a never ending quest of seeking first His kingdom and His Righteousness and trusting in Him. We are promised a difficult time in this world its not easy, there could be persecution and suffering as we stand for the Lord. But in all these things we can be more than conquerors through Christ. Trials/ testings will come along with temptations but He has provided a way of escape for us that we might be able to endure them. He promises us His peace in all circumstances as we trust in Him and not ourselves, our money, status, retirement etc....... All those things are temporal but his kingdom, His will is eternal. We set our minds on the things above not on the things of this earth that perish. We are citizens of heaven and strangers and aliens in this world. This world is not our home we are just passing through. We are transforming our minds daily and not being conformed to the ways of this world. And by this we prove what the will of God is that which is good and acceptable. I'm just paraphrasing scripture above and what the christian life is all about. We are all called to be His witnesses and we all have a testimony that can be shared with unbelievers. Some plant seed, others water, some till the ground, others reap the harvest but we all play a part in the process. We are salt and light in this world so even though we might not say anything our good deeds, how we act and live tells a lost world we are His disciples ( all men will know we are by our love for one another and how we love our neighbor) and march to a different drummer.

The Christian life is never boring and there is always something new we can learn each and every day. As long as we feed ourselves we will grow. Our relationship with God and its growth has a 1 to 1 correlation to the amount of quality time we spend and invest with the Lord through His word and prayer. He speaks to us though His word and us to Him through prayer. As long as its a priority to develop that relationship then God through His Holy Spirit will lead and guide you into the truth. If God is an afterthought then we will be tossed around to and fro by every wind of doctrine. I could ramble on and on about this but this is my summary off the top of my head. I was just typing as I was thinking. This can be a great place so just pray for discernment. This is just my 2 cents fwiw.

hope this helps !!!
Excellent. Thank you for that lesson. I appreciate the magnitude of your writing. Good stuff. Bless you

Reactions: ChristisGod
Jun 29, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point. I’m dissapointed I am cannot understand fully the entire meaning. I’m just overwhelmed. But I guess this is the point. God is an overwhelming and beyond real. It takes lifetimes to begin to understand fully.

Im on my way..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My point. I’m dissapointed I am cannot understand fully the entire meaning. I’m just overwhelmed. But I guess this is the point. God is an overwhelming and beyond real. It takes lifetimes to begin to understand fully.

Im on my way..
@montana2manila It's really the case of trustingly accepting what's revealed in all its marvel and wonder in Scripture, before the face of the Lord Jesus Christ...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Im on my way..

Study bible could help you a bit better understanding what you are reading, and you too can do deeper research if you would like, may you be encouraged.

I personally like the NKJV Holman Study Bible, I ordered a different book but they sent me this one named here. It is a decent study Bible, in my opinion 5/5 I would give it.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Important messages.

Hi Monty, welcome to the forum sir. Yes I guess if every Christian were honest, they would have to admit that sometimes they question God's actions, perhaps thinking they might have resolved an issue a different way. That simply comes from our imperfect nature.

Seek and you shall find, if you are sincere, and you truly search for answers God will provide them. with the start of Christianity Jesus sent disciples out to teach sincere ones to observe all the things he commanded Mat 28:20. He will see to it you will be answered, although many do not accept the answers when they receive them. Using multiple versions of the Bible is a great asset for understanding for sure.

Reactions: montana2manila