Have You Ever Thought?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

It amazes me that God has a written record of every deed that every person born on earth has done [good or bad]. Those books must be huge I would imagine! :huh:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that we have entire volumes just on single individuals!

Poppy

Nov 9, 2013
United States
So, wait.

Does God have a book with recording of everyone's sins? Christian or not? I thought when you repented, God put your sins in the sea of forgetfulness. He doesn't remember them at all.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. - Matthew 12:36-37

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. -Matthew 10:30

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Yes I have Angelina

And it troubles me a bit because it is a type of judgment for the believers.

But I think it has more to do with rewards (for good works) than punishment (forgiveness should take care of that)

Here's hoping :) :) :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why do Christians categorize Pentecostals as Protestant? I cannot see the resemblance? If it is based on their "roots" then surely Protestants would be called Ex Catholics wouldn't they??? :huh:

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Angelina said:
Why do Christians categorize Pentecostals as Protestant? I cannot see the resemblance? If it is based on their "roots" then surely Protestants would be called Ex Catholics wouldn't they??? :huh:
Protestants share a set of beliefs that separate them from the Roman Catholic Church.

So, what set of beliefs separate Pentecostals from Protestants?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dodo_David said:
Protestants share a set of beliefs that separate them from the Roman Catholic Church.

So, what set of beliefs separate Pentecostals from Protestants?
Protestants and some Pentecostals also share similar beliefs of the RCC ie: the Trinity...tell me what you believe as a Protestant.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Angelina said:
Protestants and Pentecostals also share similar beliefs of the RCC ie: the Trinity...tell me what you believe as a Protestant.
:lol: You are the one who can't see the resemblance between Pentecostals and Protestants.

Why don't you start by explaining why you can't see a resemblance.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Angelina said:
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

It amazes me that God has a written record of every deed that every person born on earth has done [good or bad]. Those books must be huge I would imagine! :huh:
People who have NDE's often speak of "re-living" things they had done in life .... they could "feel the pain" they caused others and ... "feel the joy" they gave others.

They call it an exhaustive life review but if I recall correctly money or material possessions were not tallied .... only human interactions.

Kinda scary when you think about it ....

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pentecostals are Protestant because they embrace the five solas of the Reformation.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
yes do you sing the hymn we sing about this fact?
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/d/i/disurely.htm

its called "the day is surley drawing near ----------- text by Bartholomoaus Ringwalt around 1532 tune klug/ wittenburg

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/d/i/disurely.htm -------------- HAS TWO MESSAGES

LAW AND GOSPEL

Angelina said:
...no I can't see the resemblance and when I get the time, I may go through it....

scary indeed... :huh:
Start small ------------------they both start with p and then look for more stuff :D

Angelina said:

Angelina said:

since were talking about God here the book may be really small------------------ and just contain a mind blowing universe's full of info.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
aspen said:
Pentecostals are Protestant because they embrace the five solas of the Reformation.
Well thanks aspen that has really nailed it for me...but seriously! Did protestantism come from a revival type move of God as was the Pentecostal movement or reformation? Which to me was about a "protest" move against the universal Church? I would really like to understand this? :huh:

Most people think that the "Pentecostal movement" came from a revival of the protestant Church. I believe that the "Pentecostal movement" was birthed from revival which established new type of Church that carried the same beliefs but functioned with emphasis being strongly focussed on the gifts and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I'm trying to pinpoint something here but just can't quite nail it...The Protestant movement "broke away" from the mainline Church. The Pentecostal movement was birthed out of a revival....

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
Well thanks aspen that has really nailed it for me...but seriously! Did protestantism come from a revival type move of God as was the Pentecostal movement or reformation? Which to me was about a "protest" move against the universal Church? I would really like to understand this? :huh:
Most people think that the "Pentecostal movement" came from a revival of the protestant Church. I believe that the "Pentecostal movement" was birthed from revival which established new type of Church that carried the same beliefs but functioned with emphasis being strongly focussed on the gifts and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
I'm trying to pinpoint something here but just can't quite nail it...The Protestant movement "broke away" from the mainline Church. The Pentecostal movement was birthed out of a revival....
Yeah, I do think that the Pentecostal Movement came out of revival - seems to me that the Big Tent revivals of the late 1800s and early 1900s finally shed much of the charletian healers and con artists left over from the Fractioning of the Millerites after the Great Disappointment and became legitimate and provided an orthodox charismatic alternative to fear based Fundamentalism, which was a knee jerk reaction to the secularism of Modernism and Mainline Protestantism. I really enjoy Pentecostal churches and I am glad there is a Charismatic Movement within Catholicism. All this aside, I still believe that Pentecostals are Prostestant, with the exception of Oneness Pentecostal, based on their doctrine.

My only disagreement with Pentecostalism is Darbyism and 2nd Baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it certainly does not interfere with my belief that Pentecostals are part of the Body of Christ.

And that, my friends is a lot of 'ism'.........

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My only disagreement with Pentecostalism is Darbyism and 2nd Baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it certainly does not interfere with my belief that Pentecostals are part of the Body of Christ.
Well I do not believe that Pentecostals fall into the same category as Protestants nor do I believe in the rapture of the Church.... but I do believe in the Trinity. ^_^ and I believe in Jesus!

Bless ya!

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
That's an interesting question. It's quite difficult to locate comprehensive studies about "what the Spirit says to the churches" in Revelation.

I read about 5 different ones in my lifetime that came to the same conlusion about who is who in church history when the component of prophetic timeline concerning the main denominations is part of the study.

According to that Pentecostals and Protestants are two different ones, not only different timelines, and receive different messages from Jesus.

From personal experience I would agree with these 5 studies, having visited many different denominations (about 10-20) on my "second leg" becoming a Christian, what happened when I lived in Auckland NZ by the way.

I also shared houses for a few years with Christians of different kinds, and know that for example Auckland AOG members thought of themselves as being "in the lead" at that time, just because their teaching materials were far superior than that of Protestants. What led to a lot of joking in the house during dinner time from the other denominations, because the AOG brothers understanding of what truth is didn't grow as fast as the quantities of their teaching materials.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
HAVE I EVER THOUGHT?..
I try not to do much thinking, seems it kinda makes my head hurt-so I just sitz and listenz until the Spirit revealz somethinz to me.

IT AMAZES ME THAT GOD HAS A WRITTEN RECORD
It is only logical [Isaiah 10:19] that at some point God had to go paperless. [Heb. 8:10] or [Heb. 10:16] [Jer. 31:33]

Just a little light hearted humor in the Spirit on this joyous day! Merry Christmas to all...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
According to that Pentecostals and Protestants are two different ones, not only different timelines, and receive different messages from Jesus.

From personal experience I would agree with these 5 studies, having visited many different denominations (about 10-20) on my "second leg" becoming a Christian, what happened when I lived in Auckland NZ by the way.

I also shared houses for a few years with Christians of different kinds, and know that for example Auckland AOG members thought of themselves as being "in the lead" at that time, just because their teaching materials were far superior than that of Protestants. What led to a lot of joking in the house during dinner time from the other denominations, because the AOG brothers understanding of what truth is didn't grow as fast as the quantities of their teaching materials.
Lol! so true....I would love to take a look at the studies you are referring to...and welcome to CyB. Island hopper! :D

Forsakenone said:
I try not to do much thinking, seems it kinda makes my head hurt-so I just sitz and listenz until the Spirit revealz somethinz to me.

It is only logical [Isaiah 10:19] that at some point God had to go paperless. [Heb. 8:10] or [Heb. 10:16] [Jer. 31:33]

Just a little light hearted humor in the Spirit on this joyous day! Merry Christmas to all...
Well said! Welcome to CyB Forsakenone! :p

It would be awesome if we could get the right balance between moving in the power, anointing and leading of the Holy Spirit combined with the solid foundation of the whole word of God. [Pentecostal & Protestant] now that would be a powerful Church of God executing all it's ministries in these "last days"

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Forsakenone said:

If Humans can store books onto zip drives, then why can't God do the same thing?