He Cares About The Details

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“He Cares About The Details”
Matthew 1:17 NIV
Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

The other day, I was just reading through the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1. To be quite honest, I’m not all that crazy about reading through the genealogies in Scripture. I have a hard time following any of them and the details don’t get retained in my mind. They just don’t hit deep spiritually with me and I tend to read through them quickly so that I can get to other important things in the Bible.

Details are important in life. We need details when we do a project at home, at work, for school or somewhere else. Details are vital in doing anything. Even though I’m not crazy about those genealogies, God is and I need to remember that God is all about the details of life.

As I consider all the details of our lives, it reminds me that God always interested and cares very deeply about the details of our lives. When we go to God in prayer, sometimes we just pray generally. We may think, “God isn’t all interested in the nitty gritty details of my life. I don’t want to waste His time going into such deep details.” If we feel like this at all, we are very wrong. God deeply cares about every single detail in our lives.

Whether we think details in our lives are important or not or if we pray specifically for little details that concern us, we should know that God is always interested in hearing the details, no matter how much. He created us and knows the number of hairs on our heads. Why in the world would we ever think He is not concerned about the smallest details of our lives? He wants to hear us pray about little things that we might possibly think aren’t important. He cares about all of it. If it’s on our mind, He wants to hear from us on it.

Again, after reading the genealogy the other day, I honestly thought, “Oh boy, here we go again with all of these details I will not remember.” Then God immediately reminded me how important all the details of life are to Him. I felt guilty about rushing through those details to get to the rest of my reading.

The next time we read through any details that seem to bore us, make us yawn or just seem unimportant at the time, let us never forget that all details in life are important to God. He cares deeply about EVERYTHING we deal with in life, no matter how insignificant we may think they are.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl