He drew me out of many waters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 69:15 KJVS
Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

1-768x576.jpg
Beautiful on the Middle Fork of the Saline River but it can rise quickly in heavy rains.

They built a new bridge over the Middle Fork of the Saline River south of us on the Narrows road years ago. A decrepit low water wooden bridge just a few feet above the water with no side rails was the only crossing in those days . You could spit in the river and it was over that bridge. Coming home the back way from hwy 70 because it was down hill and ice wouldn't stop you, was normal and best for us in freezing icy weather.

2014-12-02 04.02.12.jpg

Mizz Martha, my dear wife of nearly 52 years sitting on the old bridge in October of 1979. Unbeknownst to us she was pregnant with our son that God had promised us after having shut her womb for fourteen years.

My wife was coming home from her job in little Rock one evening after dark, rounded the curve on the gravel road and the headlights hit nothing but water and 100 yards wide. The bridge was several feet below the water's surface. Slamming on her brakes she slid into the deep ditch just mere feet from the roaring waters.

She had to walk out of there two miles in the dark to the nearest neighbors house for a phone. It was a half mile of a sloping icy gravel back up the winding road that she had just home down. It was frozen and icy but she made it OK using an umbrella as a walking stick.

I thank God for saving her life. If the car had hit that water it wouldn't have been found till spring. It would have been washed no telling how far. Jesus truly saved her from those high waters and they didn't overcome her,

2 Samuel 22:17 KJVS
He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awesome!
There are some wonderful uplifting posts on here today. I am so glad that I logged in...this is the place to be!! :)

Wonderful testimony. ( pretty wife x )
Praise God!!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your testimony and all the beautiful poetry you share with us.

Your post and the scripture "He drew me out of many waters" makes me think of:

Matthew 4:18-19
[18] And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. [19] And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Reactions: Frank Lee

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
is this a painting? It's not just a pixellated photo, is it? can't be
very pretty :)
2428_5f63c81fdb1b5eb8d5764b67af521fb5.jpg

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We used to bring home groceries on our tractor or in a boat before the road was raised. We had many experiences in homesteading the forest!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have an old river channel on our land about 300 yards or so long.
DSC00426-1600x1200.jpg

This is below the ridge we live on. Blessed? Yes.

Before i became a Christian even God gave me a prophesy. We lived on my folks place when we were first married but living close to family doesn't work! So we moved our little mobile home to a trailer park. We languished there wanting our own place. That winter I prophesied and wrote;

A Mountain Home

By Frank Lee Jennings
Ca. 1969

Someday I’ll have a mountain home
With forests all around
And through the hollows I will roam
With gun and baying hounds

To hunt the mountain game, all wild
Turkey, deer and Squirrels
Land not yet by man defiled
Best land in the world

The beauty of an autumn’s day
Or winter’s stark delight
Chipmunks on the ridge at play
A flock of Crows in flight

A long day’s hunt, a pleasant one
The tired hounds all close by
The evening chill, a winter’s sun
Sets in a cloud streaked sky

Then homeward trail at twilight time
Lest darkness come too soon
And we must wend through Oak and Pine by light of winter moon

Crispy leaves crunch neath’ my tread
This frosty winter night
The hounds, all anxious to be fed
And fight their daily fight

Then through the branches shafts of light all softened by the fog
A guiding beacon in the night
A huntsman and his dogs

kenneled dogs howl for their grub and feeding them's a trial
Each thinks the food is his alone
And fights from pile to pile

Once more the hunt is over
And ended where began
A home out on the mountain
In a whispering White Oak stand

This was fulfilled in 1970 when we bought barely... Ten acres! Our home? It's out on the mountain above the river. By the Father's grace we now have our home and 30+ acres free and clear. With God nothing is impossible.

Got a dream? Go for it prayerfully with your might.