He Fills The Empty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 11-20-21 Kislev 14, 5782 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 60th. Fall Day

He Fills the Empty

odb20211120.jpg

Read: John 10:1–10 | Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 14–15; James 2
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Psychologist Madeline Levine noticed the fifteen-year-old girl’s “cutter disguise”—a long sleeve T-shirt pulled halfway over her hand commonly used by people who engage in self-harm. When the young girl pulled back her sleeve, Levine was startled to find that the girl had used a razor to carve “empty” on her forearm. She was saddened, but also grateful the teen was open to receiving the serious help she desperately needed.

The teen in some way represents many people who’ve carved “empty” on their hearts. John wrote that Jesus came to fill the empty and to offer life “to the full” (John 10:10). God placed the desire for a full life in every human being, and He longs for people to experience a loving relationship with Him.

But He also warned them that the “thief” would use people, things, and circumstances to attempt to ravage their lives (vv. 1, 10). The claims each made to give life would be counterfeit and an imitation. In contrast, Jesus offers what’s true—“eternal life” and the promise that “no one will snatch [us] out of [His] hand” (v. 28).

Only Jesus can fill the empty spaces in our hearts with life. If you’re feeling empty, call out to Him today. And if you’re experiencing serious struggles, seek out godly counsel. Christ alone provides life that’s abundant and full—life full of meaning found in Him.

In your search for significance and excitement, what kinds of things have left you disappointed? How has Jesus made your life full?

Jesus, as I consider the full and abundant life You’ve provided for me, please help me resist turning from You to things I think will satisfy me.

INSIGHT
One of the stylistic features of John’s gospel is the frequent use of the words very truly (see, for example, John 10:1, 7). In the King James Version, the words are translated “verily, verily” and in the English Standard Version, “truly, truly.” These words are a transliteration of the Hebrew word aw-mane, from which we get our English word amen.

As demonstrated in Old and New Testament usage and our subsequent usage, the word speaks of things that are “firm,” “true,” “trustworthy,” and “faithful.” John is the only gospel where this “double amen” phrase (twenty-five times) comes from the lips of Jesus, the One with the title “the Amen” (Revelation 3:14). The words of the One who provides life “to the full” (John 10:10) are trustworthy indeed.

By Marvin Williams|November 20th, 2021

Our Daily Bread (odb.org)

https://odb.org/video

LOL, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He Fills the Empty

odb20211120.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Psychologist Madeline Levine noticed the fifteen-year-old girl’s “cutter disguise”—a long sleeve T-shirt pulled halfway over her hand commonly used by people who engage in self-harm. When the young girl pulled back her sleeve, Levine was startled to find that the girl had used a razor to carve “empty” on her forearm. She was saddened, but also grateful the teen was open to receiving the serious help she desperately needed.

The teen in some way represents many people who’ve carved “empty” on their hearts. John wrote that Jesus came to fill the empty and to offer life “to the full” (John 10:10). God placed the desire for a full life in every human being, and He longs for people to experience a loving relationship with Him.

But He also warned them that the “thief” would use people, things, and circumstances to attempt to ravage their lives (vv. 1, 10). The claims each made to give life would be counterfeit and an imitation. In contrast, Jesus offers what’s true—“eternal life” and the promise that “no one will snatch [us] out of [His] hand” (v. 28).

Only Jesus can fill the empty spaces in our hearts with life. If you’re feeling empty, call out to Him today. And if you’re experiencing serious struggles, seek out godly counsel. Christ alone provides life that’s abundant and full—life full of meaning found in Him.

In your search for significance and excitement, what kinds of things have left you disappointed? How has Jesus made your life full?

Jesus, as I consider the full and abundant life You’ve provided for me, please help me resist turning from You to things I think will satisfy me.

INSIGHT
One of the stylistic features of John’s gospel is the frequent use of the words very truly (see, for example, John 10:1, 7). In the King James Version, the words are translated “verily, verily” and in the English Standard Version, “truly, truly.” These words are a transliteration of the Hebrew word aw-mane, from which we get our English word amen.

As demonstrated in Old and New Testament usage and our subsequent usage, the word speaks of things that are “firm,” “true,” “trustworthy,” and “faithful.” John is the only gospel where this “double amen” phrase (twenty-five times) comes from the lips of Jesus, the One with the title “the Amen” (Revelation 3:14). The words of the One who provides life “to the full” (John 10:10) are trustworthy indeed.

LOL, Walter and Debbie
Oh how timely this is in my life. I am going through trials and tribulations and it is all coming from people I have loved and grown up with.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh how timely this is in my life. I am going through trials and tribulations and it is all coming from people I have loved and grown up with.
You still love them, and they have not shown you the same measure in return? You are not alone. I will pray you know you are among people who love you for who you are in Christ, a beacon of light and hope for those who have suddenly changed their view towards you. Our true home was never here anyway H2S. Our Father looks at us as his Son, full of love and kindness.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still love them, and they have not shown you the same measure in return? You are not alone. I will pray you know you are among people who love you for who you are in Christ, a beacon of light and hope for those who have suddenly changed their view towards you. Our true home was never here anyway H2S. Our Father looks at us as his Son, full of love and kindness.
Exactly, and now that dad has passed the 3 younger biological children are taking everything my mom and him accumulated and saved and there is nothing I can do.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, and now that dad has passed the 3 younger biological children are taking everything my mom and him accumulated and saved and there is nothing I can do.
Some of my wife's siblings did the same thing. The truth comes out in these times of temptation. Their true colors are revealed. My wife loves them, although now at a cautious longer distance. She has never been the same or close to these three sisters. She is of a family of seven.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He Fills the Empty

odb20211120.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

INSIGHT

LOL, Walter and Debbie
The twelve step program talks about being spiritually empty. And that is true for any who seek after selfishness. The gospel teaches us how to care for others and put them before ourselves. And in so doing we enjoy the fruits of the Holy Spirit which fills us with peace, love and joy among other things (Galatians 5:22-25).

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so sorry. Wish there was something I could do to help.

My mother lived in PA when she passed, and an assisted living Center. It was a nice place, in the town she grew up in.
We came up up when we heard that she died. My brother was already in PA, --my mom had fallen and she also had a decubitus (bedsore), which she did not want the medics to find out about. When she was taken to the hospital to see if she had been injured from the fall, they found it and did surgery. She never woke up. (She was in her late 80s.)

She had a cute lil apartment, but not much stuff, which was fine. My brother told the manager there that Mom had died. We were all in the apartment getting, family photos, and old letters and papers. And there was a knock on the door. It was workers the manager sent up because she wanted my mom's bed. (It didn't belong to the complex, it belonged to Mom, it was just a standard double bed metal frame with metal headboard. We let them take it (although we were surprised as to how fast they came up there to score.) I wanted the bedspread, because it was Mom's and I wanted something. So the guys took the bed and about 5 minutes late they were back, wanting the bedspread, saying the manager said it was the only one that fit the bed (Not true at all) By this time we were POd, and began taking things and putting them in our suitcases so Grabby couldn't abscond with them while we were gone.

She also had a lovely rocking chair, and and electric 3 wheeler, which we were able to give to one of the neighbors.

We were poor as dirt growing up, but we found out we had a family plot up there. Mom had Dad's ashes, and we got Mom's ashes, and we dug the grave for them. I wrote a letter and put it in there. They were buried next to my grandma.

Anyway, it amazes me how some folk act when a loved one passes. I am sorry you have to get that from your own family.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I can say to you is, all I can see from you is your pure faith in Christ, so just stay focus to continue in this work, and never give up, because I think The Lord will give the increase in everything.

LOL, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Hebrews 12.2: "Looking unto Jesus...." (Where, oh, where else can we look...?)
No where else...
Psalms 121 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
² My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
³ He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
⁴ Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
⁵ The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
⁶ The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
⁷ The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
⁸ The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No where else...
Psalms 121 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
² My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
³ He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
⁴ Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
⁵ The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
⁶ The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
⁷ The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
⁸ The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
@Heart2Soul I read this Psalm to my late, Godly grandmother when she was ill...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He Fills the Empty

odb20211120.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

INSIGHT

LOL, Walter and Debbie

I used to be that teenager. I self injured many years. I am thankful that Jesus touched my life. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be that teenager. I self injured many years. I am thankful that Jesus touched my life. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6
Amen! I can remember when Jesus said, "Take My Yoke Upon You And Learn Of Me" but I did not learn about what He was saying until later. :)

Reactions: Mayflower and Pearl

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I can say to you is, all I can see from you is your pure faith in Christ, so just stay focus to continue in this work, and never give up, because I think The Lord will give the increase in everything.

LOL, Walter and Debbie
I just received news that our Pastor passed away this morning....this is the 7th in this past year....I can't make any sense of it...not going to try...they were all related to each other and all leaders in the church...

Reactions: WalterandDebbie