He IS Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“He IS Peace”
By Zach Wood
John 14:27 NLT
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be trouble or afraid.

After reading this passage the other day for my morning devotional time, I thought about all the worries, concerns and things I have been anxious about lately in my life. As I pondered this passage, I prayed to God for peace.

Perhaps I’m not alone with this feeling? Do some of you need peace in your life right now because of all the worries, concerns and anxious thoughts? I think it is safe to say that most of us have lives full of challenges, whatever they may be. We seem to find ourselves consumed every day with so many concerns, worries and anxious thoughts.

I have to admit that I have always been one to worry and be anxious about things that haven’t even happened. I struggle often with the “What if?” questions. I really wish I was a person who didn’t worry and become anxious, but we all have bad habits that we wish didn’t consume us.

This passage was a great reminder to me that I need His peace more than ever. I not only need His peace, but I need to learn to let go of trying to control life with my worry and anxious thoughts and just rest in Him. I wrestle often with worries and concerns about being a Godly husband, father and servant as well as health and financial concerns.

I am so thankful that I read this passage because I really needed it! I’m wondering if many of you are also feeling chaos in life because you are weighted down by the worries and concerns of life? The more we worry and become anxious, the more we become stressed out. We all know that feeling and it is not fun.

I would like to share a prayer with you as I end. I hope it brings comfort to you and some ideas of how you can continue to pray and lift worries and concerns to Him.

God, I need Your peace right now to calm my fears, worries, concerns and anxious thoughts. You not only give peace, but You are peace. Only You can give me the peace I need to get through the challenges I am experiencing in life. God, please fill me with a peace that the world cannot give me. Let me be totally consumed with Your peace that can calm my soul. I don’t want to worry, be afraid, be concerned or be overwhelmed with anxiety. Through Your Son, Jesus Christ, please give me a peace of mind and heart so that I can learn to better submit to You and surrender everything so that I am not holding on to these things. Help me to rest in Your peace.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. Lovely post. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi and welcome @hldude33 !
I pray that you would come to understand that peace that indeed passes all understanding- Philippians 4:6,7 " 6 Be careful (or, worried and stressed) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
This verse has much meaning for me. Being a single woman, who worked my whole life to make ends meet-He has brought me to a place of total surrender. I thought to myself, what good of ANY kind can ever come out of worry and fear, especially when we have NO, ZERO,NADA control over these situations anyhow? It seems that you're heartfelt desire to do the will of God has you on the right path. It has become almost kind of a guessing game anymore for me, like, "oh I can't wait to see what my Provider will do with THIS one"! Lol Would have bet my life a few years back that I would be walking away from my house. God had other plans :) - because I was FINALLY able to rest in and believe what He says. I just could not stop trying to think of all the ways I could financially afford to live as there was a big change in my life at that time. Things like my rear deck was rotting away, fencing was becoming destroyed...basement flooded-you know, life! lol. I come from parents who continually worried about the "cares of this world" they did not understand, at that time what trust and belief in the Lord meant in their tangible world. All fretting and worrying and fear is from the enemy, and he loves to wear Gods children down as he hates us. Don't let him steal another moment of your peace. We do not know how certain things are possible in our own eyes but, God does...trust Him ♥
God Bless!

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen