He Moves Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just been through the "buying a car" experience. I hate shopping for a car. It's too much money that I can't afford to spend, and if I pick the wrong one, and it's a lemon, I don't have a bunch of money to "go again".

So when my beloved little Saturn - 22 years old now - wouldn't pass smog, and my mechanic assured me I don't want to spend what it would cost to fix this car, I believed him, and started to pray. What should I look at? How much money do I need in hands? $8,000. The answer came quickly, spoken into my heart. This was a little over 2 months ago.

I wasn't certain this from from God, but the number stuck, and I set about to put that much together. God surprised me, and it wasn't too painful to get that. Some other circumstances happened that freed up a good portion of that amount. The rest I needed to pull from my 401(K). So I requested the check, and waited, while looking at car listings. Compiling a database in my head of what's out there.

And just like my mechanic had also said, there's not a lot of good inventory out there! Way too many miles for what I could pay! So my wife and I started talking about a car loan. I was already pre-approved, but I hated the idea of taking on another monthly payment, especially considering that the company where I work is on the verge of closing.

It seemed the only way, but I agonized over the choice, unable to decide what to do. And so I was unable to seriously car shop, since I didn't know what market I'd be looking in.

The more I looked at what was out there, the more I focused on Mazda, and in particular the Mazda3. It was the right size, has a great reputation. I really liked the hatchback version, but the same problem, to find something without too many miles on it, was much more than I could afford. But I really liked the car.

Then there was a problem getting my check from my 401(k). It turned out they never sent it. So I requested it again.

My Saturn qualified for the state buy-back program, having failed smog, I can get $1000 for it if I turn it over within 90 days of its registration date, 2 months ago. The clock was ticking.

I received my check Thursay last week, and became a serious shopper. Only I didn't know if I was making a down payment, or paying cash. So I still was held back. On Monday, in our morning reading, it was Romans 14. When I read the part that said, "Owe no man anything except the debt of love", the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "There's your answer". And there was clarity in that, and I knew, pay cash. Now I had the cash, and the decision.

Meanwhile as I'd been looking at listings, I saw one, it was older than I'd like, but the miles were a lot lower than other cars. It was the Mazda3 Hatchback, and fully loaded, even a sunroof, something I've always wanted, but was determined, that won't be my deciding point! Just get a good reliable car!

The Carfax had a lot to do with my decision. This car had been very well maintained, everything according to the manual, when it needed to be done. And it's condition was excellent! Some minor cosmetic damage to the outside, the inside near pristine. And the price? $7995.

This car was listed on the market on Thursday last week, when I got my money. And when I told my wife on Monday that I believe God is directing me to just buy what I can pay for, she told me that she had gotten the same message from God the day before, and had been considering how she'd bring it up, considering we were more leaning towards a loan. This was sure confirmation to me.

Through holding up my money from arriving, and through leaving me in uncertainty, God scheduled me around the availablity of this car. Of course this is what I purchased.

God's fingerprints . . .

No money, and no peace regarding pricing, until it was on the market.
The exact car I prefered to have, though I was also looking at others, nothing compared to the sense it made to get this one.
Has sunroof/moonroof (thank you Jesus!)
He knows I hate driving all over to shop cars, or whatever. This dealer is literally on my way home.
The "out the door" cost was $8777. 8, the number of new beginnings, 777, well, to me this expresses a new beginning from God.
Being a little autistic, I always enjoy seeing all the same digits on my odometer. After I bought it, I was driving it around, and looked down to see 111,111. Love it!
And I hate sitting in car dealers while they try to get me to buy more, finance more, hour after hour as they grind on you. This fellow, "you want to take it for a drive? Here's the key, see you a little while." The purchase itself was completed in less than 45 minutes. And this guy really seems like a straight shooter. My wife thought so also.

Why am I putting all this here? This is such a good example for me of how God works with us.

He arranged circumstances to prevent me from buying something else, something sooner, before this car became available. He worked in my heart to hold me back, and then release me to act, until this car was available.

Is something leaving you in perplexity? Does it seem circumstances are against you? We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, and are the called, according to His purpose.

God is fully able to move my heart to what He wants. He is fully able to arrange my circumstances to accomplish His plan, and I am so thankful to be so well cared for by my Heavenly Father!

Just wanted to share!

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Praise be to the power of following God & his voice.

All things work together for the good of those that follow him.... Disclaimer.( Not a direct quote)
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I wonder how those who got burned at the stake for their faith thought about this?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how those who got burned at the stake for their faith thought about this?
Until it happens to you, you won't know God's grace that brings you through it. Have you endured severe suffering as a Christian?

My sister gave this testimony before she died, "I never understood how much God loved me until I was dying of cancer." Pretty amazing, isn't it?

I've learned the same reality. God is with us in suffering also, and I found Him to be very very close. I was in a great deal of pain and other difficulty for quite some time, and I wouldn't trade that for the world, that's where I too found much more of God's love.

Much love!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just been through the "buying a car" experience. I hate shopping for a car. It's too much money that I can't afford to spend, and if I pick the wrong one, and it's a lemon, I don't have a bunch of money to "go again".

So when my beloved little Saturn - 22 years old now - wouldn't pass smog, and my mechanic assured me I don't want to spend what it would cost to fix this car, I believed him, and started to pray. What should I look at? How much money do I need in hands? $8,000. The answer came quickly, spoken into my heart. This was a little over 2 months ago.

I wasn't certain this from from God, but the number stuck, and I set about to put that much together. God surprised me, and it wasn't too painful to get that. Some other circumstances happened that freed up a good portion of that amount. The rest I needed to pull from my 401(K). So I requested the check, and waited, while looking at car listings. Compiling a database in my head of what's out there.

And just like my mechanic had also said, there's not a lot of good inventory out there! Way too many miles for what I could pay! So my wife and I started talking about a car loan. I was already pre-approved, but I hated the idea of taking on another monthly payment, especially considering that the company where I work is on the verge of closing.

It seemed the only way, but I agonized over the choice, unable to decide what to do. And so I was unable to seriously car shop, since I didn't know what market I'd be looking in.

The more I looked at what was out there, the more I focused on Mazda, and in particular the Mazda3. It was the right size, has a great reputation. I really liked the hatchback version, but the same problem, to find something without too many miles on it, was much more than I could afford. But I really liked the car.

Then there was a problem getting my check from my 401(k). It turned out they never sent it. So I requested it again.

My Saturn qualified for the state buy-back program, having failed smog, I can get $1000 for it if I turn it over within 90 days of its registration date, 2 months ago. The clock was ticking.

I received my check Thursay last week, and became a serious shopper. Only I didn't know if I was making a down payment, or paying cash. So I still was held back. On Monday, in our morning reading, it was Romans 14. When I read the part that said, "Owe no man anything except the debt of love", the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "There's your answer". And there was clarity in that, and I knew, pay cash. Now I had the cash, and the decision.

Meanwhile as I'd been looking at listings, I saw one, it was older than I'd like, but the miles were a lot lower than other cars. It was the Mazda3 Hatchback, and fully loaded, even a sunroof, something I've always wanted, but was determined, that won't be my deciding point! Just get a good reliable car!

The Carfax had a lot to do with my decision. This car had been very well maintained, everything according to the manual, when it needed to be done. And it's condition was excellent! Some minor cosmetic damage to the outside, the inside near pristine. And the price? $7995.

This car was listed on the market on Thursday last week, when I got my money. And when I told my wife on Monday that I believe God is directing me to just buy what I can pay for, she told me that she had gotten the same message from God the day before, and had been considering how she'd bring it up, considering we were more leaning towards a loan. This was sure confirmation to me.

Through holding up my money from arriving, and through leaving me in uncertainty, God scheduled me around the availablity of this car. Of course this is what I purchased.

God's fingerprints . . .

No money, and no peace regarding pricing, until it was on the market.
The exact car I prefered to have, though I was also looking at others, nothing compared to the sense it made to get this one.
Has sunroof/moonroof (thank you Jesus!)
He knows I hate driving all over to shop cars, or whatever. This dealer is literally on my way home.
The "out the door" cost was $8777. 8, the number of new beginnings, 777, well, to me this expresses a new beginning from God.
Being a little autistic, I always enjoy seeing all the same digits on my odometer. After I bought it, I was driving it around, and looked down to see 111,111. Love it!
And I hate sitting in car dealers while they try to get me to buy more, finance more, hour after hour as they grind on you. This fellow, "you want to take it for a drive? Here's the key, see you a little while." The purchase itself was completed in less than 45 minutes. And this guy really seems like a straight shooter. My wife thought so also.

Why am I putting all this here? This is such a good example for me of how God works with us.

He arranged circumstances to prevent me from buying something else, something sooner, before this car became available. He worked in my heart to hold me back, and then release me to act, until this car was available.

Is something leaving you in perplexity? Does it seem circumstances are against you? We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, and are the called, according to His purpose.

God is fully able to move my heart to what He wants. He is fully able to arrange my circumstances to accomplish His plan, and I am so thankful to be so well cared for by my Heavenly Father!

Just wanted to share!

Much love!
Blessings in Christ Jesus marks. So you may know, that is exactly how He works. And yes, owe nothing to anyone. His desire is the best for us. With me, He has said for many of the cars I have owned' "Bring that car home". The Last one, last year, I drove 40 miles, and as I arrived the salesman had just got back from inspecting it. And as I approached him, he said, "how did you know? This is a God thing isn't it? I told him, yeh, He sent me here for this Tacoma. When we truly seek the things that are above, I find, that He gives us the desires of our heart. I always wanted a Toyota Tacoma. So, good for you marks!

• Love
Reactions: marks

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 TIMOTHY 1:7 KJV

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of  power, and of  love, and of a sound mind."

1Corinthuans2:
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Reactions: Nhisname

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy you got a car, everyone needs one that works. Used cars can be a problem for sure. Cheers!

Reactions: marks