He set before you THIS day...blessing OR cursing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to consider. Not saying it is right but only something myself struggle with. The other day I was in the store and started a conversation with a lady nearby. She couldn’t walk and was riding a handicap buggy, struggling to reach items on a higher shelf. As the conversation progressed, I hesitated to mention God in not wanting to overwhelm her with forced witnessing. She confided how her husband had taken everything they had, even the car. How she had to move back in with her elderly mother. How she had to pay someone thirty dollars to drive her to the store. After talking with her she also confided her age and I was shocked, assuming she was older. she had aged dramatically and appeared tired and completely beaten up by life. She mentioned the spot the doctors had found on her brain...and as I listened ...I had no words...wishing I had something of real value to give her. I was about to walk off near the end of the conversation when she turned and said concerning her ex-husband, “oh well...he will have to answer for it one day.”

So she does believe in God, I thought.
“He Is going to get what is coming to him.” with a face enraged with complete eager anticipation, she added “and when he does ...get what is coming to him...ima be right there to watch it ...all of it...to see him get it. I’ll be cheering. I can’t wait!”

She was a sweet lady. Very broken as many, including myself. Damaged by this world but the conversation got me to considering...what have we done to the good news?? What have we done to the gospel and peace? Does it benefit this lady to be left alone in bitterness and eager anticipation of a charge she has laid up in store against another ...to let the hate eat and consume and grow into disease and cursing? What have we done to the message of good tidings to where “hopefully you will show him the mercy he never showed you” ...is inconceivable?

Consider Adam and Eve in the garden ...they had just did what they were told not to do. God knew it. Yet God came to walk with Adam as always and called to him. Adam and Eve, instead of stepping out into the light of God...they hid themselves. As men who are afraid to come to the light so there deeds can be made known. Adam and Eve hid themselves from HE who desires mercy and not sacrifice. Consider that...children hiding from a Father who desires mercy, and not sacrifice; and knowledge more than ‘burnt’ offerings. (Hosea 6:6)

They hid themselves from HE who desires the knowledge of God more than “burnt” offerings. Did they not know God desired mercy...how could they when mercy had not been needed, maybe? Did they not know God desires mercy? Instead they hid themselves and believed the voice of a murderer who had come to steal, kill, and destroy. They believed the voice of evil and the eating of its fruit and hid with the voice of destruction and darkness rather than trusting God, and coming to the light ....naked before HE who desires mercy, and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

HE who desires Mercy ...where the lame takes the prey. “A quiet habitation” What do you think the lame will do with the prey they take? Isaiah 33:14-24 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? [15] He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; ...he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;... [16] He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. [17] Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off. [18] Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers? [19] Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand. [20] Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken. [21] But there the glorious Lord will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby. [22] For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us. [23] Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey. [24] And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

...a place of broad rivers and streams...where no “gallant ship” passes by. Where the inhabitants shall not say “I am sick” ...those that dwell therein forgiven.

Consider Acts 3:12-14 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? [13] The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. [14] But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

BUT YOU denied the Holy One and the Just, and ...desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Do we? He who said “learn of Me...and you will find rest.” ....do we ask for a murderer instead of God...as Adam and Eve asked for a murderer in the garden instead of He who desires Mercy? ... “His will be done on earth.” ...is not His will mercy? Why do we sell something with bloodshed?
....“He Is going to get what is coming to him. and when he does ...get what is coming to him...ima be there to watch it ...all of it...to see him get it. I can’t wait.” What have we done in promotion and furthering the good news in leaving others to spoil and expire in hatred and bitterness with great expectation of punishment and bloodshed and more pain and and more loss and more suffering? Will this watching of bloodshed satisfy what has passed? What have we done in asking for “a murderer” over Him who is Mercy?...yet call ourselves “children of obedience”?

Ephesians 4:20-27
[20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. [25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. [26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: [27] Neither give place to the devil.

Has the good news been converted into eagerly awaiting a murderer?
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than ‘burnt’ offerings.
Do we await the appearance of “a murderer” or await ...loving the appearance of “Mercy”? 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil.

2 Timothy 4:8
[8] Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Consider the commandments ...where does that fit?...we await the appearance of a murderer over mercy?
Consider those, the “children of obedience” leave to be consumed in “revenge”...What has man did to the good tidings from afar ...yet near ...even in your mouth. He set before you THIS day...blessing OR cursing.

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Something to consider. Not saying it is right but only something myself struggle with. The other day I was in the store and started a conversation with a lady nearby. She couldn’t walk and was riding a handicap buggy, struggling to reach items on a higher shelf. As the conversation progressed, I hesitated to mention God in not wanting to overwhelm her with forced witnessing. She confided how her husband had taken everything they had, even the car. How she had to move back in with her elderly mother. How she had to pay someone thirty dollars to drive her to the store. After talking with her she also confided her age and I was shocked, assuming she was older. she had aged dramatically and appeared tired and completely beaten up by life. She mentioned the spot the doctors had found on her brain...and as I listened ...I had no words...wishing I had something of real value to give her. I was about to walk off near the end of the conversation when she turned and said concerning her ex-husband, “oh well...he will have to answer for it one day.”

So she does believe in God, I thought.
“He Is going to get what is coming to him.” with a face enraged with complete eager anticipation, she added “and when he does ...get what is coming to him...ima be right there to watch it ...all of it...to see him get it. I’ll be cheering. I can’t wait!”

She was a sweet lady. Very broken as many, including myself. Damaged by this world but the conversation got me to considering...what have we done to the good news?? What have we done to the gospel and peace? Does it benefit this lady to be left alone in bitterness and eager anticipation of a charge she has laid up in store against another ...to let the hate eat and consume and grow into disease and cursing? What have we done to the message of good tidings to where “hopefully you will show him the mercy he never showed you” ...is inconceivable?

Consider Adam and Eve in the garden ...they had just did what they were told not to do. God knew it. Yet God came to walk with Adam as always and called to him. Adam and Eve, instead of stepping out into the light of God...they hid themselves. As men who are afraid to come to the light so there deeds can be made known. Adam and Eve hid themselves from HE who desires mercy and not sacrifice. Consider that...children hiding from a Father who desires mercy, and not sacrifice; and knowledge more than ‘burnt’ offerings. (Hosea 6:6)

They hid themselves from HE who desires the knowledge of God more than “burnt” offerings. Did they not know God desired mercy...how could they when mercy had not been needed, maybe? Did they not know God desires mercy? Instead they hid themselves and believed the voice of a murderer who had come to steal, kill, and destroy. They believed the voice of evil and the eating of its fruit and hid with the voice of destruction and darkness rather than trusting God, and coming to the light ....naked before HE who desires mercy, and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

HE who desires Mercy ...where the lame takes the prey. “A quiet habitation” What do you think the lame will do with the prey they take? Isaiah 33:14-24 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? [15] He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; ...he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;... [16] He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. [17] Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off. [18] Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers? [19] Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand. [20] Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken. [21] But there the glorious Lord will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby. [22] For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us. [23] Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey. [24] And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

...a place of broad rivers and streams...where no “gallant ship” passes by. Where the inhabitants shall not say “I am sick” ...those that dwell therein forgiven.

Consider Acts 3:12-14 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? [13] The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. [14] But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

BUT YOU denied the Holy One and the Just, and ...desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Do we? He who said “learn of Me...and you will find rest.” ....do we ask for a murderer instead of God...as Adam and Eve asked for a murderer in the garden instead of He who desires Mercy? ... “His will be done on earth.” ...is not His will mercy? Why do we sell something with bloodshed?
....“He Is going to get what is coming to him. and when he does ...get what is coming to him...ima be there to watch it ...all of it...to see him get it. I can’t wait.” What have we done in promotion and furthering the good news in leaving others to spoil and expire in hatred and bitterness with great expectation of punishment and bloodshed and more pain and and more loss and more suffering? Will this watching of bloodshed satisfy what has passed? What have we done in asking for “a murderer” over Him who is Mercy?...yet call ourselves “children of obedience”?

Ephesians 4:20-27
[20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. [25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. [26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: [27] Neither give place to the devil.

Has the good news been converted into eagerly awaiting a murderer?
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than ‘burnt’ offerings.
Do we await the appearance of “a murderer” or await ...loving the appearance of “Mercy”? 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil.

2 Timothy 4:8
[8] Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Consider the commandments ...where does that fit?...we await the appearance of a murderer over mercy?
Consider those, the “children of obedience” leave to be consumed in “revenge”...What has man did to the good tidings from afar ...yet near ...even in your mouth. He set before you THIS day...blessing OR cursing.
Thoughtful post...

We have been going through Ephesians in our local church recently.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus