He That Hath Ears To Hear, Let Him Hear = Matthew 11;12-15

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 11;12-15
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13;3-9
And He spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13;14-16
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Matthew 13;41-43
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 8;16-18
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light. For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Luke 14;33-35
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Revelation 2;7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

AMEN

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV only?

what do we do before the KJV?

what did we do before 381 when scripture was canonized?

what did we do before scripture?
The church came before the church wrote the scriptures

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV only?

What is faith, as in "theefaith"? Why are you going after Miz KJV Only?

Are you seriously unaware that parts of the Old Testament existed for more than a thousand years before the New Testament was written? The last OT "book" was written about 200 years before the "books" of the New testament. The Jews had their Bible long before Jesus was born and any NT "book" was written.

Regarding the KJV Only position, that is just as much an error as the ones you constantly make. It's "the pot calling the kettle black".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 11;12-15
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13;3-9
And He spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13;14-16
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Matthew 13;41-43
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 8;16-18
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light. For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Luke 14;33-35
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Revelation 2;7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

AMEN

Do you have anything to say besides posting excerpts about hearing from the KJV?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is faith, as in "theefaith"? Why are you going after Miz KJV Only?

Are you seriously unaware that parts of the Old Testament existed for more than a thousand years before the New Testament was written? The last OT "book" was written about 200 years before the "books" of the New testament. The Jews had their Bible long before Jesus was born and any NT "book" was written.

Regarding the KJV Only position, that is just as much an error as the ones you constantly make. It's "the pot calling the kettle black".

I was referring to the church and New Testament of course

but even the church has authority to say what books of the O.T. Are scripture like Dan 13 & 14

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was referring to the church and New Testament of course

but even the church has authority to say what books of the O.T. Are scripture like Dan 13 & 14

Of course -- not.

You wrote...

... and I answered your question. Obviously, the church -- whatever that means -- wrote the scriptures is false.

Again, "the church" is not the Catholic denomination, it is the body of Christ. And Jews wrote every single book of the Bible with the exception of Luke-Acts. The church did not write the Scriptures!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course -- not.

You wrote...

... and I answered your question. Obviously, the church -- whatever that means -- wrote the scriptures is false.

Again, "the church" is not the Catholic denomination, it is the body of Christ. And Jews wrote every single book of the Bible with the exception of Luke-Acts. The church did not write the Scriptures!

thats you’re opinion not historic

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To return to the subject...

The King James translation was created by a secular king to solidify his personal concept of Protestantism. It was based on previous translations and has been extensively modified four times. It was based in large part from earlier translations as well as a limited set of ancient manuscripts.

One of the reasons the king didn't like the Geneva Bible was that many of the footnotes commented negatively about the role of the king. It caused many Protestants to flee from England carrying their Geneva Bibles with them.

Modern translations are far better, based on a much larger set of early manuscripts, as well as a far greater knowledge of the ancient languages and what the text meant to the early hearers (very few were literate). They clearly convey the language and the meaning of the text to people (including yourself) that read, write, and speak modern English.

Because the KJV is written in a dead language, it is often misinterpreted and often followed, when read aloud, by "now what this means is..." It may sound "holy", but that is entirely out of character regarding ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

It is not the Bible. It is a translation only, and no longer useful for clearly understanding the words of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To return to the subject...

The King James translation was created by a secular king to solidify his personal concept of Protestantism. It was based on previous translations and has been extensively modified four times. It was based in large part from earlier translations as well as a limited set of ancient manuscripts.

One of the reasons the king didn't like the Geneva Bible was that many of the footnotes commented negatively about the role of the king. It caused many Protestants to flee from England carrying their Geneva Bibles with them.

Modern translations are far better, based on a much larger set of early manuscripts, as well as a far greater knowledge of the ancient languages and what the text meant to the early hearers (very few were literate). They clearly convey the language and the meaning of the text to people (including yourself) that read, write, and speak modern English.

Because the KJV is written in a dead language, it is often misinterpreted and often followed, when read aloud, by "now what this means is..." It may sound "holy", but that is entirely out of character regarding ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

It is not the Bible. It is a translation only, and no longer useful for clearly understanding the words of God.

there is no original Bible

so go with the douay-rheims

I use the Kjv for you’re benefit

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no original Bible

so go with the douay-rheims

I use the Kjv for you’re benefit

You can't even write correct English! And you're telling me which ancient translation to use?

Reminder: the Jews, whom you hate, wrote every "book" of the Bible, with the exception of Luke-Acts.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is it that has OVERCOME? Its all those who have believed in Jesus and been born again.

1 John 5:5
And who is it that has OVERCOME? Its all those who have believed in Jesus and been born again.

1 John 5:5

Faith and baptism?

Where does sanctification come not play?

you seem to skip right from justification to salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't even write correct English! And you're telling me which ancient translation to use?

Reminder: the Jews, whom you hate, wrote every "book" of the Bible, with the exception of Luke-Acts.

no they did not! Paul was not a Jew! He wrote many books

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t hate Jews. I Hate their behavior

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you seem to skip right from justification to salvation

"Justification by FAITH".... "Faith is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

When we are saved, we HAVE been Justified.. Its done.
When we give God our faith in Christ, ONE TIME...>He accepts it, and we are born again.

To be born again, is to have BECOME a Son of God
You can't become more Righteous or Sanctified, than to have become a "new Creation in Christ"..."Son/Daughter" of God.
ITs because the born again, have become this..>"The righteousness of God...In Christ', is the proof of sanctification, justification, and forgiveness of all Sin.

Salvation is not.....>"Trust Christ then go and try to not lose your Salvation".

Salvation is JESUS ON THE CROSS..............this that He said, is "FINISHED">.. God applies that to you, and you are "made righteous".
You can't become more RIGHTEOUS, then God makes you as Born again.
There is no....>"ok now im getting better"........there is only ..>"Born again"...."Made righteous".

And where believers or the religious but lost, become confused is....> Salvation is not your discipleship.

Salvation is 2000 yrs ago, FINISHED by Christ on the Cross, and God gives this to you as "the GIFT of Salvation" and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

THEN,...because you have been "made righteous"......you learn how to exist down here, (discipleship) as a Son of God.
This learning is not to try to save yourself. It is actually just the "working out of your Salvation", that you already have, as it was given to the born again, as a : "GIFT".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no they did not! Paul was not a Jew! He wrote many books

Are you really that ignorant??? Here is the way Paul described himself...

1 Corinthians 11:22, "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I."

Galatians 1:13-14, "For you have heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I was savagely persecuting the church of God and trying to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my nation, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my ancestors."

Galatians 2:15, "We are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners"

2 Corinthians 11:22, "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I."

Philippians 3:5, "I was circumcised on the eighth day, from the people of Israel and the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews. I lived according to the law as a Pharisee."

Your Biblical ignorance and blatant anti-Semitism are appalling!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Justification by FAITH".... "Faith is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

When we are saved, we HAVE been Justified.. Its done.
When we give God our faith in Christ, ONE TIME...>He accepts it, and we are born again.

To be born again, is to have BECOME a Son of God
You can't become more Righteous or Sanctified, than to have become a "new Creation in Christ"..."Son/Daughter" of God.
ITs because the born again, have become this..>"The righteousness of God...In Christ', is the proof of sanctification, justification, and forgiveness of all Sin.

Salvation is not.....>"Trust Christ then go and try to not lose your Salvation".

Salvation is JESUS ON THE CROSS..............this that He said, is "FINISHED">.. God applies that to you, and you are "made righteous".
You can't become more RIGHTEOUS, then God makes you as Born again.
There is no....>"ok now im getting better"........there is only ..>"Born again"...."Made righteous".

And where believers or the religious but lost, become confused is....> Salvation is not your discipleship.

Salvation is 2000 yrs ago, FINISHED by Christ on the Cross, and God gives this to you as "the GIFT of Salvation" and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

THEN,...because you have been "made righteous"......you learn how to exist down here, (discipleship) as a Son of God.
This learning is not to try to save yourself. It is actually just the "working out of your Salvation", that you already have, as it was given to the born again, as a : "GIFT".

and scripture?

1 thes 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;