Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some sheep eat, some sheep don't eat and some sheep just sleep. Wake up, eat! It is proven in the Word that God heals and take personal responsibility of taking the Word and applying it.

A healing from God is a faith thing and it's only natural to first go down the natural route, completely exhausting yourself and trying everything possible to get well and lo and behold, one day, you're better and on the road to recovery or you're still sick and if you're still sick, then you get spiritual even though you convince yourself you always were from the onset of sickness, spiritual. God wants to heal you, He never ever wants His children to be sick and the healing He does give you has nothing to do with how badly you want it, or how you ask for it, or how many people you have to pray for you, or how much faith you have because as you know, faith as small as a mustard seed can move a mountain. The healing has to do with what Jesus has done for you and when you do get your healing, don't give yourself the credit.

Matthew 8:17, This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

“He took up our infirmities
and bore our diseases.”

Isaiah 53, 54 and 55 are good places to start, dig in, bon appetit!

What other scriptures do you know of that can be chewed on concerning healing? And, does anyone have any healing testimony to share?

Reactions: Helen and Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Believers will lay hands on the sickand the will be healed.
Anything you ask in my name I will do it as long as its in the fathers will and you dont doubt in your heart.
Dont you know you will do even graeter things than these.

Yes I have healings almost daily now.Prayed for a guy whos about firty YO as he had a sore back. He wanted to run a marithon on sunday. His back was healed and he got a personal best at forty.

same day prayed for a guy with sore back knees and feet. He got healed in 10 minutes. prayed for his secretery she got healed also sore knees.
Pryed for another woamn in his shop she had a migrain she got healed. went to work prayed for a polish woam. never saw here again, yet.

Prayed for my work mates granny not heard from her yet. One things for sure if you dont take God at His word you will never see. Jesus said I wounder if I will see any faith on the earth when I come back. Wonder if He was talking about most in here.

Reactions: Armadillo

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can't pray for anyone's soul but your own and if you feel no distance from God, can the same not be said for healing? Is the laying on of hands a necessary step, a "formula" to be used in order to be healed? Since there was only a short period of time for Jesus' ministry to "take off", could that be why there was a laying on of hands, the shadow of Peter and the handkerchief touching the sick and instant healings taking place were used during that time? No one's shadow or handkerchief today is special, even though some would disagree. :D

Sword wrote, Jesus said I wounder if I will see any faith on the earth when I come back. Wonder if He was talking about most in here.

I'm a Preterist so no, He wasn't talking about us.

Reactions: Job

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can't pray for anyone's soul but your own and if you feel no distance from God, can the same not be said for healing? Is the laying on of hands a necessary step, a "formula" to be used in order to be healed? Since there was only a short period of time for Jesus' ministry to "take off", could that be why there was a laying on of hands, the shadow of Peter and the handkerchief touching the sick and instant healings taking place were used during that time? No one's shadow or handkerchief today is special, even though some would disagree. :D

Sword wrote, Jesus said I wounder if I will see any faith on the earth when I come back. Wonder if He was talking about most in here.
No sure where your going with this mate you asked for testimonys.
what you never heard of hankerchief healing today?

So who was he talking to . No point saying its wrong with out the soloution?

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sword, you're the one that brought up end times, not I. So, in answer to who Jesus was speaking to, it was mainly Jews and the passage in Luke 18 that you are referring to, the Parousia, is preterite; as in, it happened in the past.

As for the healing testimonies, I don't discount them. I believe you. All I asked was if the laying on of hands was necessary for someone to be healed, in other words, more bluntly, did they need you for the healing to happen?

Aren't the handkerchiefs now called prayer cloths? Of course I've heard of em and I discount em outright. If prayer cloths actually worked, everyone would own one, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves, they'd be flying off.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword, you're the one that brought up end times, not I. So, in answer to who Jesus was speaking to, it was mainly Jews and the passage in Luke 18 that you are referring to, the Parousia, is preterite; as in, it happened in the past.

As for the healing testimonies, I don't discount them. I believe you. All I asked was if the laying on of hands was necessary for someone to be healed, in other words, more bluntly, did they need you for the healing to happen?

Aren't the handkerchiefs now called prayer cloths? Of course I've heard of em and I discount em outright. If prayer cloths actually worked, everyone would own one, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves, they'd be flying off.
I never mentioned end times.
So you heard of hankerchiefs but never new they in fact do work. If you had a grasp on kingdom thinking . I prayed over an apple and many other tings or points of contact thats all they are . Its my faith that gets the job done not the apple hankie or any thing else. Faith moves the mountain.

They need some one if the cant believe for them selves and very few can. At this point in time. You are told to lay on hands why is it a question.
But I prayed for a guy at distance he asked me to. and yes he came to the football game that night. after having sore knees all weekend.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Funny thing about your faith is, it's not yours....it's His. There is the faith of Jesus Christ not in Jesus Christ. Even faith is not our own, everything belongs to Him.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing about your faith is, it's not yours....it's His. There is the faith of Jesus Christ not in Jesus Christ. Even faith is not our own, everything belongs to Him.
So if you dont show faith for someones healing it Gods faith that missing? Why did Jesus get on to the deciples for there lack of faith?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

p

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sword wrote, Why did Jesus get on to the deciples for there lack of faith?

Because the Cross hadn't happened yet. The disciples were still under the Old Covenant.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what then did the Apostle Paul mean with these words?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

Reactions: pia

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We walk by faith not by sight because the just live by faith. Faith is our strength and we want to be strong in faith and not weak and we are promised that our faith can be strong by hearing the word of God.

Luke 9:35

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We walk by faith not by sight because the just live by faith. Faith is our strength and we want to be strong in faith and not weak and we are promised that our faith can be strong by hearing the word of God.

Luke 9:35
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Armadillo

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 12
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

p
Hi, yeah, I remember when I first realized that it says 'THE measure of faith' not, ' A measure of faith'......Makes a difference....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi 'bbyrd'....Could you please tell me which post you are answering here? Which is a misquote? Thanks :)
oh, sorry, i was addressing the post above, but i did not want to directly quote armadillo so as to limit the post, or put him on the spot, because this is a common interpretation. I was speaking to this

"and we are promised that our faith can be strong by hearing the word of God."

wherein "faith comes by hearing, and hearing comes by the Word" is usually turned into
"faith comes by hearing the Word." Which is then turned into "faith comes by hearing the Bible quoted at you" or "by reading the Bible."

so iow then "hearing" is not addressed. Faith comes by hearing. period. hearing comes by the Word. like that. Prolly seems like a small thing, i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, sorry, i was addressing the post above, but i did not want to directly quote armadillo so as to limit the post, or put him on the spot, because this is a common interpretation. I was speaking to this

"and we are promised that our faith can be strong by hearing the word of God."

wherein "faith comes by hearing, and hearing comes by the Word" is usually turned into
"faith comes by hearing the Word." Which is then turned into "faith comes by hearing the Bible quoted at you" or "by reading the Bible."

so iow then "hearing" is not addressed. Faith comes by hearing. period. hearing comes by the Word. like that. Prolly seems like a small thing, i guess
No, it is not a small thing. In order to really "hear" the Word of God, first we have to be able to hear. Jesus put a lot of emphasis on it:

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 13:9

The ears to hear of which Jesus speaks are not the two physical fixtures on the sides of our heads with their inner workings. Rather, the "ears to hear", I believe equals the Holy Ghost. Is this not why [at least one reason] the Holy Ghost is so important for us?