Healthy Preacher Oats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preacher Quick Oats - It got its name because it could be prepared quickly when a housewife looked out her window and saw the preacher riding up the mountain on his horse. By the time the preacher arrived, the cookies were cooling. I have tried to buy these at the supermarket. When looking at the nutrient information they normally package these as "No Bake" cookies advertising the sugar as the first ingredient, in which, they taste very sugary...

Ingredients: Sugar, Rolled Oats, Peanut Butter, Margarine

To try to come up with a healthier variety I have come up with the following recipe...

Hot water - Let a couple cups of water come to a boil
Oats - Mix in your favorite oat brand
Peanut butter - Mix in about a cup of your favorite peanut butter
Sugar - Mix in about a 1/2 cup of sugar

If you do this in a bowl you intend to eat out of the cleanup will also be easy. It tastes the same as the preacher cookies of old, noting they are purposely less sweet and hopefully a lot healthier.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Preacher Quick Oats - It got its name because it could be prepared quickly when a housewife looked out her window and saw the preacher riding up the mountain on his horse. By the time the preacher arrived, the cookies were cooling. I have tried to buy these at the supermarket. When looking at the nutrient information they normally package these as "No Bake" cookies advertising the sugar as the first ingredient, in which, they taste very sugary...

Ingredients: Sugar, Rolled Oats, Peanut Butter, Margarine

To try to come up with a healthier variety I have come up with the following recipe...

Hot water - Let a couple cups of water come to a boil
Oats - Mix in your favorite oat brand
Peanut butter - Mix in about a cup of your favorite peanut butter
Sugar - Mix in about a 1/2 cup of sugar

If you do this in a bowl you intend to eat out of the cleanup will also be easy. It tastes the same as the preacher cookies of old, noting they are purposely less sweet and hopefully a lot healthier.
Great way to shorten your life!

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I opened this thread thread thinking, oh fun! A jokes thread. :laughing:

I agree about the shortened life. The first ingredient in an ingredients list is typically the highest quantity of ingredients, and from there lesser quantity in descending order.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... So much for that recipe! If you don't get the mixture right they won't set up right. If you don't add the extra sugar they will end up with a terrible taste.

• Oats: 3 cups old fashion oats
• Butter: ½ cup
• Milk: ½ cup
• Peanut Butter: 2/3 cup
• Sugar: 1 ¾ cup
• Cocoa Powder – 1/3 cup
• Vanilla Extract – 1 tspn

To start, you’ll melt the butter with sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Once the mixture is melted down, you’ll bring it to a boil and allow it to boil for one minute. This is VERY IMPORTANT, set a timer for exactly 60 seconds once the mixture starts to boil. If you boil too long, the no-bake cookies will turn out too dry and if you don’t boil it long enough they won’t set well. Once the 60 seconds is up, you’ll stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and quick oats.

Also peanut butter and oats are very bland by themselves. It is the sugar that gives them the taste. So much for the "Healthy Preacher Oats!"