Heard verses Hearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once heard Benny Hinn say, "It not thus said the Lord, it is thus saith the Lord. He is still saying today."

Faith comes from hearing, not from have heard. Confusing this is indeed it is a trick the enemy uses to mess us up.

Gal 1: 6-8 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

In the above verses we read that the Galatians had heard God call them, but despite having heard God call them they quickly turned from listening to the Lord and to the Law, which resulted in Paul sending them a letter of reproof to them. And note: that them doing that was a result of "some distrubing' them, and something about even if an angel (fallen angel I would have to beleive) preaching a contrary gospel.

My friends - The Good News is not that God spoke to men, even us, but that He is always with us to speak to us!! So the Good News is not that God helped us yesterday, it is that He answers us "Today"!!

This morning I prayed the Lord's prayer with a few additions, like normal, a He answered me. Which is not a surprise because I asked for our daily bread, which is Jesus Christ who is the Word of God. So I asked and He answered and that happened "Today". Yes, it also happened yesterday and everyday I ask, but the important day is "Today"! Just like Benny Hinn explained "He is still saing today."

Now the Lord asked me to post this information and explain this verse:

Ps 99:6 Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called on His name;
They called upon the LORD and He answered them.

Yes indeed, we read that the men of God in the past called on the Lord and He answered them, but that was not written to make us aware that He spoke in the past, it was written to make you aware that men and women of God can today call upon the Lord and He will answer you!!!!!!

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, “TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

Heb 3:15 while it is said, “TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME.”

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb 3:18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient?

Heb 4:7 He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying [fn]through David after so long a time just as has been said before, “TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS.”

So the Lord is always with us and we need to make it about hearing Him!! And indeed we have an instruction in the Bible from God to encourage one another day after day to hear Him as long as it is still called "Today". I don't think we will need encouragement once in heaven, or will that time be broken into day then? And if we have in instruction in the Bible have you not also heard that instruction "Today" from the Lord?

I hear it that instruction day after day, because the Lord is not a hypocrite, telling others to do things that He Himself is not willing to do. It was what He told me to do again "Today" when He told me to write this post.

And from what I have come across in Christianity, it is need. I have had the main pastors tells me differently. One told me that he had only heard the Lord speak to him three times, and another told me that he had not heard the voice of the Lord for 13 years. They were both men trying to serve God, but not hearing from Him. They had heard from the Lord and got a calling, but they were no longer hearing from the Lord "day after day, as long as it is still called ' Today' - so they were not encouraging their "flocks" to hear from the Lord "Today"!!

They both had small congregations, about a hundred or so. Neither congregation saw much in the way of power from God. Now God had put people in both those congregations who did hear from him regularly, and testimonies did sometime show up in those churches, but they were not 'encouraging "one another day after day" to hear from the Lord, because it was not their practice.

To finish off I want to point out that Paul, to the Galatians wrote:

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gal 1: 6-8 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel

Thats a great verse Karl.

That verse teaches that anyone who teaches that you can lose your Salvation, is "teaching a false or "another" Gospel".
That'll get you cursed of God.
Not a good idea to be that one, and never be that one Preaching that in Public, as that'll get you harmed.
"God is not mocked".

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a great verse Karl.

That verse teaches that anyone who teaches that you can lose your Salvation, is "teaching a false or "another" Gospel".
That'll get you cursed of God.
Not a good idea to be that one, and never be that one Preaching that in Public, as that'll get you harmed.
"God is not mocked".

Maybe it shows that a person can loose their salvation, but it might not. I cannot say that the Lord can't still come back into a persons life, even at the end, and again cause the person to start hearing Him again! Indeed, I believe that is the reason we are to encourage each other daily to seek the voice of the Lord - so that if any of us is getting lost or falling away they might again turn back to the Lord. So with our testimony, can not the Spirit of the Lord again get people listening to the Lord? I think so.

Therefore the conclusion you make about a person losing their salvation might not be right because it doesn't take in the power and dominion of God, and seems to contradict other verses like Jesus saying something about us not being able to be removed from His hands. To me it seems that you may have made a small jump in logic, the logic of the presence of God being in and around us.

Still, knowing God means far more that just salvation!! We are also promised more in this life along with the next. So the more in this life is surely somewhat dependent on our actually seeking first the Kingdom of God, meaning the King and those under Him (the Host of heaven that serves Him). We surely have read about seeking first the Kingdom of God and these things (the needs we have in this world) being added to us.

I know from my relationship with Him and His Kingdom that I daily get instructions both in spiritual wisdom and the wisdom it takes to have run the business He has given me.

Let me give an example of that: I sell media items on-line and He helps me with that business. So I could give you thousands of examples - but this is a good example. One day He told me that He was going to take me to a place to get books for the business, and off I went with Him. He likes to guide our steps, even telling us when to turn to the right or to the left. So He was telling me when to go right and left, which lead me onto the freeway system in the area. He told me specifically where to get of and which way to go. I told Him that I was familiar with that street and there were no places that I could get books there. He responded by telling me, "Look for the sign." I couple miles down the road there was a big "Book Sale" sign. It was in front of a house that was converted into an office place. I went in and found a book publisher who was moving there business and want to drastically reduce their inventory. So, the Lord, by just listening to His voice telling me when to turn to the left and right and to look for the sign and guided me to a get deal on many books.

Is 30:20 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

I don't know when the Lord is going to fulfill the above two verses in a persons life, but I can tell you that He has done that with me. So neither can I say that just because someone heard something from Him is going to loose their salvation because they have made it about having heard Him instead of about hearing Him. Again, it reads: "He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself", and then "Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left."

Obviously, someone saying they heard from the Lord is different that someone saying they hear from the Lord - never-the-less He might no longer hide Himself from them and then they will start hearing from Him for when to turn to the right and left. So, a conclusion that they have lost their salvation is not for me to make!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Maybe it shows that a person can loose their salvation, but it might not. I cannot say that the

1.) Lord can't still come back into a persons life,

2.) Obviously, someone saying they heard from the Lord is different that someone saying they hear from the Lord -

1.) The Lord lives inside the born again Spirit of the born again Christian. He's not going anywhere. So what they THINK in their head after they are born again...., has noting to do with God and Jesus existing forever in Spiritual Union with the Born Again person's Spirit.

I think that a lot of Christians, do not understand what it means to have become "the Temple of the Holy Spirit" as they write uninformed information regarding Salvation, as if they have no idea that becoming the "temple of the Holy Spirit" is eternal.
This is why there is NO verse in any bible, new, or older version that says...>"you can stop being born again"... "you can stop being a Temple of the Holy Spirit"..>>"Jesus can fall out of you if you sin too much, or if you jump up and down a lot or stand on your head".

When i deal with a student who has been twisted by a cult to believe that Christ was lying when He said..>"i will never leave you, or forsake you"....... And Paul teaches...>"If we are faithless, God is always FAITHFUL"...
I help them to understand that God and Jesus have become in Spiritual Union with the Born Again person's Spirit, which is HOW it became born again... and so, if the Born Again person's Spirit went to hell, then so would God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, as they are IN THE BORN AGAIN.......= Spiritual Union.
That is not going to happen.
You can't lose your Salvation.

2.) I hear from God every time i read the New Testament, as the Bible is the word of God.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2.) I hear from God every time i read the New Testament, as the Bible is the word of God.

Thinking that you hear from God every time you read the Bible is a massive problem.

Jesus told the Jews they searched the Scriptures thinking in them they had eternal life, as opposed to actually coming to Him!!

Paul explained that the Scriptures keep everyone under sin so that the promise would be fulfilled by having faith in Jesus Christ revealed to us.

Jesus told the Jews, who read and studied the Bible, that they didn't hear His voice!

He also explained that it is the Holy Spirit that gives life, and that His words are spirit and life - yet the words in the Scriptures are ink on pages, not spirit.

Paul explained that the Word of God we preach is found in our heart and mouth 0 and the words in the Bible are in the Bible.

If we indeed know the Lord Jesus Christ He spends His Holy Spirit with His words to speak to our spirit, which is why the Word of God we preach is found in our heart and mouth.

Jesus explained to the Jews that if they believe what Moses wrote they would believe Him. But if they didn't believe the writings of Moses, how were they going to hear from Him.

All that, every bit of it, explains that reading the New Testament or the Bible in general is not hearing His words. It is in fact reading what others in the past heard from Him. Those like Moses wrote about hearing the Lord, but reading their writing is not you hearing from Him!!!

Indeed Isaiah wrote an explanation about this problem that he heard from the Lord. So we can read that if we do not listen to the Lord then the word of God will be order on order, line on line, alittle hear and a little there, and that so that person goes stumbling backwards and is taken captive!!

Is 28:12, 13He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen. So the word of the LORD to them will be, “Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,” That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

None of the above means that we don't need to read the Bible, but is does mean that we need to actually listen to that small quire voice of the Lord which His sheep hear from. And if we are actually hearing that small voice everyday called "Today" we are not going to confuse out reading the Bible with our hearing from Him. That is true for alot of reasons, and one reason is that we actually hear Him talk to us and teach us about the Bible.

Once when listening to the Holy Spirit He told me, "Karl, we don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord."

Indeed, He does actually give you personal teaching every day!! He is the Teacher and not the textbook!! You wouldn't go take a class at college and confuse the professor with the textbook for the class. Even if the professor wrote the textbook, you would understand that reading the textbook was not hearing the lecture from the professor. So how can anyone make that mistake once they start actually hearing from our Teacher?? It doesn't make sense to me. Jesus Christ is not the Bible - He is the One who His sheep hear from. The Bible explains all this!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thinking that you hear from God every time you read the Bible is a massive problem.

The word of God, is the word that you hear.
This is not complicate to understand.
See, you are all about hearing voices in your head, but that is not Scriptural.
What is scriptural is to receive revelation, from the word of God.
Revelation is to receive LIGHT on what is already there, as found in the word of God.

God told you to study The word = to show yourself approved unto God.
He did not tell you to try to hear voices in you head all day and all night., Karl.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God, is the word that you hear.
This is not complicate to understand.
See, you are all about hearing voices in your head, but that is not Scriptural.
What is scriptural is to receive revelation, from the word of God.
Revelation is to receive LIGHT on what is already there, as found in the word of God.

God told you to study The word = to show yourself approved unto God.
He did not tell you to try to hear voices in you head all day and all night., Karl.

The word of God you hear is the small voice of the Lord - not the Bible!!! The Bible explains this!!!

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Note that the above verse clearly explains that we find the Word of faith which we are preaching in our hearts and even in our mouths!!! It clearly does not say we find the word of faith we are preaching in the lines of a book!!

And indeed, through Isaiah God went over this problem too!

Is 28: 12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,” And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen. So the word of the LORD to them will be, “Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,” That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

Now the Bible is certainly laid out in an orderly manor and line on line, and a person can and should study it - meaning we should pick up the Bible a little here and there. Yet if the Bible instead of the Lord has become the Word of God to you it is because you don't listen to the Lord so as to personally know Him as the Word of God. Therefore, the word of God you wind up preaching is the Scriptures and not Jesus Christ, which is not what those who wrote the Bible preached!!

This should be obvious to anyone who has actually read the Bible. Did not those who wrote the Bible explain that the word of the Lord came to them saying?? A book does not speak, but a person speaks!! A book did not come to them and talk to them, but rather the Lord came and talk to them!!

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

A book did not show up speaking to Abram, the Lord showed up speaking to Abram. They had a personal relationship, but Abram did not have the Scared Writings!!! So why anyone who claims to know and believe what is written in the Bible gets to thinking that the Bible is the Word of God as opposed to Jesus Christ is beyond me. It is not what Moses explain in his writings!! Jesus explained this!

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Like Jesus explained to the Jews at that time - if you don't believe Moses telling you that the word is near you, and how Abram (who did not have the Sacred Writings) hear the word of the Lord speaking to him, then how are you going to believe Jesus and His words are near you - even found in your heart and sometimes your mouth???

You will be like those religious leaders who Jesus tried to correct on this subject saying:

Jn 8:43 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word."

The fact is that God is spirit, so His words to us our spirit (not ink on pages or sound waves or other physical mediums) but His words are spiritual words spoken to us via His Holy Spirit!!! Which explains why we find them in our hearts and sometimes just coming out our mouths, if we are not paying close attention to what is happening with our spirit!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

The fact is the Jesus Christ, my Lord, is always with me. So, I wake up in the morning and I might ask Him if I need to get out of bed then. He then responds, because He speaks and is always with me. I don't know what He is going to say until He says it, but never-the-less I hear Him speaking words to me that I pick up in my spirit (that small voice of His) He might tell me I can go back to sleep. He might tell me that I am running late and need to get up. And I remember the time it felt like He was not there, so I asked Him straight away, "Lord are you there? He instantly responded, "You beat ya." Which was a funny reponse. So, I asked Him what I should beat on that. He responded, "Beat your life." To that I responded, "Ok, what do I get then if I am right and you are there?" He responded, "You get your life and more now and in the future."

Now you think I am "all about hearing voices in your head", and you think "that is not Scriptural." But the fact is that you don't understand what i am saying, and isn't this exactly what Jesus was telling those religious leader?

Jn 8:43 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word."

If indeed you were hearing the Lord still small voice you would understand what I am saying, but as it is you cannot hear His words so you can't understand what I am saying - even though it is all explained in the Scriptures.

Now the good news is that you could start hearing, but you are going to have to except that He is going to reprove you, and that means some repentance for not actually seek Him, but admitting you have been leaning on your own understanding instead of hearing Him. Yet that is not so complicated as it sounds; it just means that you have to reconsider your ways, and start seeking Him for instructions and His information for you personally!

Rev 2: 19 - 21 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

Indeed, Jesus Christ is indeed knocking with His voice (His words that come from His Holy Spirit personally to your spirit). But it is hard to for us to accept that, especially if we have put ourselves up as knowing the Scriptures as the word of God, instead of Him. We have to overcome our pride and start seeking Jesus Christ and what He has to say to us, as our Lord!! Don't worry, He does match up with what is written in the Scriptures. The very first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", but that just prove that He was not my Bible but rather the One who spoke to me!!

It is written that all those who seek find - so seek Him and what He has to say to you. That is not hard to do, but it might be hard for you to believe. You just have to ask Jesus some simply question like, "Jesus Christ how do you feel about me?" Then consider what comes to you!

I have done this with people so many times, and almost everyone got something from Him. Some had trouble believing, and some even after they heard from Him. In fact just yesterday I came across a man in my ministry that wanted to hear from Him more. I prayed for Him then I had Him ask the question above, and at first He didn't think He got something. So I had Him pray, "I am sorry Lord Jesus Christ, I didn't pick up what you said, could you repeat it?" And this time he heard from the Lord talk to Him about His grace and graciousness to Him. That is indeed a way the Lord shows how He loves us! He gives us 'unmerrited favor' (His grace), and we could not get to heaven without His unmerited favor (grace).

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is 30:20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it, ”whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

We have such a tough time simply grasping the fact that the Lord will and wants to speak to us!! Our sin gets us to believing that He is not going to and does not want to speak to us, and gives us great advice. But He has forgiven us our sins so that we can believe that He will and wants to speak to us! We can hear Him and the small voice of His, but will we believe it???

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks, ...

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

The Lord has told me what we read in the above Scriptures - which is that He wants His people to listen to Him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The word of God you hear is the small voice of the Lord - not the Bible!!!
That Israel would walk in My ways!
The Lord has told me what we read in the above Scriptures - which is that He wants His people to listen to Him.

The scriptures are the voice of the Spirit.
They are not just words on a page.
The Holy bible is not just a book.
The Bible is our Light for Life.

"but what about that small still voice'.
"what about that inner knowing".

That is true....there is an innate inner spiritual eye within the born again believer, but it works hand in hand with the word of God.

Find it in the scriptures.... they will speak to you, talk to you, inform you, regarding doctrine, instruction, correction....and lead you into and keep you on the path of righteousness and truth.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hadn’t heard from the Lord in years. That is until recently at church I decided to break from my fear and sing. Not caring what my voice sounded like or what I thought of the music. I just decided to sing to the Lord and he guided my steps shortly after. I think just a little commitment to The Lord goes a long way. Boy I will sing to him forever now!!!!! Hearing that sweet voice is like medicine for the soul.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures are the voice of the Spirit.
They are not just words on a page.
The Holy bible is not just a book.
The Bible is our Light for Life.

"but what about that small still voice'.
"what about that inner knowing".

That is true....there is an innate inner spiritual eye within the born again believer, but it works hand in hand with the word of God.

Find it in the scriptures.... they will speak to you, talk to you, inform you, regarding doctrine, instruction, correction....and lead you into and keep you on the path of righteousness and truth.

The in the Scriptures we clearly find that they are not the voice of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, we find that Jesus reproved the Jews for thinking that!!

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Now the Scriptures are good for reproof!!

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

So, reading what Moses wrote about the Christ should enable us to believe we can hear the words from our Lord Jesus Christ, but if you don't believe the writings Moses and others wrote, you will not believe you can hear from the Great I Am like they did??

Indeed, if you don't listen to Him saying things "Good morning, Karl", like I do, then you are not going to know Him, and Him as The Word of God. The only things left for you to call "The Word of God" is what He said to people like Moses, which were written down line upon line in an orderly manor, which you can read a little hear and there. So the Scriptures become The Word of God to you instead of the Great I Am, who we know as Jesus Christ, and whose name is called "The Word of God" because He has the words of God for us personally.

Which take you back to seeking the Scriptures instead of coming to Him, just like those people in the past Jesus explained this problem to while in the flesh on this earth.

It really is not a hard fix!! Jesus stands and the door and knocks and if anyone - which would include "anyone" including you, simply opens the door to Him, He will come into you and eat with you and you with Him!! (Rev 3:20) You need to expect some reproof (Rev 3:19) and to recieve that reproof from Him you might need to repent (also Rev 3:19), but that just means you acknowledge that He knows things and you don't! That is you just have to drop your pride and go and reason with Him with an open heart and mind.

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

We can not reason with a book, even the Bible, but we can reason with the person, the Son, who owns the words of God!! Of course only if we can hear what He personally has to say to us, but He can speak to us!!

We find His words in our hearts and sometimes even in our mouths - because His Holy Spirit speaks His words to our spirit. Christians often call that His still small voice. That is the voice you want to say is voices in my mind. It is a voice, and you can't exactly place it here or there, but it seems more like it comes from in our heart, because it often brings emotion to us. People need to know Him!! It is not about the Bible it is about Our Lord Jesus Christ, and those born again hear the sound of the wind (the Holy Spirit) speaking to them in words! How do you think people like Moses, Isaiah, and Paul knew what to write?? They heard Him speaking to them in words, and we can too!! Jesus Christ made sure of that! He wants His people to listen to Him!! And so does the Father, and the Holy Spirit. God wants us listen to the One (the Son) whose name is called "The Word of God" (Rev 19:13)

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I testify today that He can be personally heard from!!! You can walk with Him and talk with Him, because He sends His Holy Spirit with His words to you. So you spirit can hear His words to you personally by listening to His Holy Spirit!! And it is written that all those who seek find - but know that hearing Him takes faith in Him - that is the belief that He is there to be inquired from!!

Yet He is there, like I testify to. I hear from Him. Of course He is not the only spirit around, so tests the spirits (1 Jn 4:1-3). Yet if you ask for something good He is not going to give you something bad is He?

Luke 11:10 “For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

Everyone who asks for Jesus Christ will receive Jesus Christ, and His name is called the Word of God because He has the words of God and will comes and reason with you!! You will hear Him!!!

Oh, it might not be so clear at first because you are not used to hearing from Him, but with practice seeking and hearing from Him it becomes clearer and your faith in Him (not your understanding but His words spoken to you via the small voice of the Holy Spirit) will grow!! He becomes easier and easier to hear from, thought there will probably be some ups and downs on the road to knowing Him. Yet with practice over time, it becomes easier to hear Him and know the difference between good and evil.

Heb 5:14 ... because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

This is all explained in the Bible, but knowledge and understanding come from His voice that comes from His mouth (not book), like His book explains!!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Karl, I “give us this day, our daily bread” …I had no idea that was referring to our Lord! I thought is was about provision!

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Karl, I “give us this day, our daily bread” …I had no idea that was referring to our Lord! I thought is was about provision!

I like the above post, we don't always understand.

Jesus explained that He was the true mana from heaven. And His name is called "The Word of God". So the Word of God we get daily from hearing His voice on that specific day called "Today" is our mana (bread) that we need daily!!

In the Psalms we find that He speaks to us in parables and dark sayings, but that is to get us to think about what He is telling us. Which is to say that we need to think about hearing His words for us "Today"! And those words He speaks to us are spirit and really are life to us!

So it is that we have physical bread that we make and eat with our physical body, which keeps our physical body alive. And in the same way we have spiritual bread (His words spoken to us personally) that we get from His Holy Spirit and thus find in our spirit (our hearts and perhaps in our mouth too), which keeps our spirit alive.

It is for this reason we don't say I heard from the Lord but rather we hear from the Lord. That represents and attitude that we are looking to hear from the Lord, "Today".

So, I might gives a testimony as to something to Lord told me, but the purpose is to remind all of us (including me) that we need to be seeking and listening for the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ who said He would never leave us. This is why Paul explained that He took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. Paul was trying to practice hearing from the Lord, not leaning on some time in the pass to save Him, but rather leaning on the Great I Am to saves him.

Therefore the "provision" that is important is Jesus Christ, because He has the word of God for us and sends His Holy Spirit to us with them. Which is basically saying that we need is instructions, counsel, teachings, encouragement, and hear Him tell us that He loves us. All this give us vision, and it is written that people perish without vision. Physically you will perish without physical bread, and spiritually people perish without His words spoken to our spirit.

He had me help in a Christian healing ministry for five years. Christians often would come in malnourished in their spirit. You could see it. There spirit was down. They needed encouragement. They needed instruction. They needed the Wonderful Counselor. They needed to know God loved them. Our job was to hook them up with our Lord Jesus Christ, and hear what He had to tell them! They needed their daily bread!!

Reactions: Mantis