Hearing for miracles and healing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a direct connection between hearing from the Lord and seeing the Lord perform miracles around you.

Ex 15:26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”

It was that same first summer when I first started hearing from the Lord that my daughter was having trouble with her knees from playing soccer. So a appointment was made to see a doctor and I was going to take her later in the day.

That's when the Lord told me to go see my mom, which I did. I got there but she was about to head out the door. She told me would be back soon if I wanted to wait, and so I waited for her to return. Then the Lord told me to put in a VHS tape and watch it. So I asked Him what tape I should watch and He pointed out a very specific tape.

I started to pick that tape up but noticed that it had not been opened yet. I didn't want to open up a tape of my mom's. The Lord keep after me to open it and watch it. He explained that my mom would not mind. So I looked at the tape a bit closer. It was something a ministry had sent her. My mom liked to give to a number of ministries, and I was guessing it was something she got for giving to a ministry. That is probably why she never opened it. So I went ahead and put it the tape. (The point I am making is that we can have a conversation with the Lord and reason with Him - it turns out to be an important thing to understand)

Anyway, I opened the tape and watched it. It from a Marilyn Hickey ministry and covered some healing out reaches they had done in the world. Part of it had an instruction on healing by Sarah Bowling, Marilyn's daughter. She explained that we don't do the healing, Jesus does. So they just ask Jesus to heal. It was pretty simple.

Anyway, later that day I took my daughter to the doctors to check her knees. He explained that he couldn't do much. It was something called "augen slaughter disease", and He explained that she would grow out of it in a couple of years. OK, but she like playing soccer.

So when I got home I decided to pray like Sarah Bowling had explained. I put my hand on the knee that was the worst and started to ask Jesus Christ to heal it --- The swelling in her knee started going down right under my hand. It startled me and felt weird! I found myself saying inside, "I can't believe this is happening". It stopped!!

Ok - the knee that was the worst had in a moment become the knee that was the best, but the healing stopped as soon as I entertained the thought of disbelief. There is a lot to learn.

Of course I kept talking and asking Him to finish the healing during my time with Him during the weeks after. Both knees got perfectly healed in the following couple of months, not years like the doctor has said.

Looking back, I would not have tried praying and asking Jesus to heal by daughter had not the Lord Himself had asked me to go to my mom's and put in that tape. So the first lesson to learn about healing is to "heed the voice of the LORD your God".

That is what I learned by listening to Him.