Hearing from Him made me understand that He cares

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we don't spend time listening to Him we don't really begin to understand how much He cares for us. Certainly a person can look at the things in their life and might credit God with them, but that doesn't even begin to let you understand about Him. So this next testimony is one of my favorites.

It was just shortly after a started hearing from the Lord regularly that He told me that He was taking me to see my grandparents that summer, because He was about to take them home. They were in an old folks home several states over, close to my mom's sister. The Lord had me contact my mom and tell her what I was hearing.

You know that it turned out that my mom was hearing from the Lord regularly...??? That was a surprise to me. Yeah, she went to church often. Yeah, she and my dad took me to church as a child. But no - this hearing from the Lord regularly had never been explained to my by my mom or by the church. That kind of upset me, as I figured this out. I was finding talking to the Lord so incredible that I could not believe that Christians were keeping it a secret. I guess it still does upset me. Obviously that is part of the reason I want to tell others about Him even today, some 20 years later. He is worth knowing.

Anyway, He told me when I was to go - the week of my sons birthday. He had me make all the arraignments. And when the time came few months later, I was off on a vacation with my mom and kids to see my grand parents, who I hadn't seen in years.

There were pretty old, and well into their nineties. I hadn't known, but I found out from my mom on the trip that they had been married on New Years day 1925. This was the summer of 2000, so they had just celebrated their 75 wedding anniversary, if you could call anything they could now do as celebrating. They spent most of their time in bed. They had faithfully serve the Lord as Christians. I found out later, when I later got my grand father's Bible, that he too was hearing from the Lord. He had written all these little things the Lord had told Him down in his Bible.

It was all becoming clearly to me why the Lord had suddenly spoken to me, a man who was not interested in church or any of those things. It was because of those before me. They most certainly had done some praying on my account.

It was a nice trip, and very nice to see them. I was happy my kids got a chance to see them. I'm not sure they ever had before. That was in August of that year. My grandfather died in October, and my grandmother was not far behind.

It occurred to me that the Lord had come into my life just in time to let me and my kids see them before He took them home - just like He had told me. The Lord had kept them together just long enough to get them all the way to their seventy fifth wedding anniversary.

He had obviously planned it all, for a group of people who wear hearing from Him. A group that I had just join. It was a little thing that meant so much, and still does when I look back at it.

Those little things tends to make me zealous for Him, and trying to get people to hear from Him by faith.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats awesome Karl!

I think it should be "He is awesome" but yeah what He did was awesome also. Still, that was just one little thing. To try and get more people to believe and seek Him, I am going to be posting more testimonies about what He has done in my life. If others don't start filling up this testimony section of the forum, I can and will. He is indeed awesome.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we don't spend time listening to Him we don't really begin to understand how much He cares for us. Certainly a person can look at the things in their life and might credit God with them, but that doesn't even begin to let you understand about Him. So this next testimony is one of my favorites.
Do you realize . . . if you simply accept the Words of the Bible as true, you can receive all these things into your life?

If you need demonstrations from God to show He's not lying in His Word, it's good for Him to do what we need to believe.

But how much better to just read, "casting all your cares on Him, for He cares for you", and to just believe it's true, and release all anxiety?

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize . . . if you simply accept the Words of the Bible as true, you can receive all these things into your life?

If you need demonstrations from God to show He's not lying in His Word, it's good for Him to do what we need to believe.

But how much better to just read, "casting all your cares on Him, for He cares for you", and to just believe it's true, and release all anxiety?

Much love!

Jesus said He is the truth!!

Jesus told the Jews they searched the Scriptures thinking in them they have eternal life

Jesus also told the Jews that if they believed the writings of Moses they would believed in Him, but asked them how they were going to hear His words if they didn't believe Moses

Moses told the people about the word of God being near them, in there hearts and mouths.

Paul explained that the Word of God we preach is found in our hearts and mouths, and to not say in our hearts who will ascend into heaven to find it because that was to be trying to bring Jesus Christ down, and Jesus said that He would always be with us.

Now all the above is in Bible and is correct, so why do so many claiming to know, study, and follow the writing in the Bible not believe that Jesus Christ is with them so as to be heard from? Are they not just like those preached to by Jesus, Moses, and Paul?

Of course they are - because they don't actually believe what they read.

As for me - The Word of God - He came into my life. His first words to me were "Read You Bible" as I have already testified to. Yet the Word of God is a person, not a book. I read that in the Bible.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God"

How did they miss that?

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

I don't know how anyone can claim to have read and studied the Bible and missed the first couple of verses in John. It goes on to say that the Word took on flesh and walked among them. That was the One they called Jesus, and we continue to call Jesus today. He said He would send the Holy Spirit of God, who is His spirit since He is God, and that the Holy Spirit would not speak on His own initiative but would take what is His (the Word of God) and give them to you. (See John 16 if that does not ring a bell from your studies)

Jesus explained that His word are spirit and are life and that it is the Holy Spirit who gives life (His words) - Then it was the Holy Spirit who gave His words to people like Moses and Paul, but reading what they heard is not hearing from Him yourselves!!!!!

Through Isaiah the Word of God explained that He had rest but the people would not listen, so the Word of God to them would be "Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

So what do we know, according to the Bible, when someone says the line upon line of the Bible is the Word of God to them? We know that they are not listening to Him like they should!!!

We all probably get like that sometimes. I often don't listen to Him like I should either!! Never-the-less, according to the Bible He is the Word of God who we are preaching. And this is supposed to be a testimony section. So in this section, for your consideration, I am giving the testimonies of what happened when I choose to believe in Him, listened to Him, and actually tried to follow Him.

I had spent 40 years of walking around not hearing with my spiritual ears, even a single word from God, and He came into my life a little over 20 years ago. These are the testimonies of what happened when He did. They were at the very least interesting. Consider them as you wish, but they are in regards to the One whose first words to me personally were "Read Your Bible" - and how to you think I came to know so quick about all those verses in various places in the Bible that tell you Jesus Christ is the Word of God if I had not read the Bible. Yes - Jesus Christ, though His
Spirit, went over them with me and a whole lot more!!

Reactions: Nancy and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said He is the truth!!

Jesus told the Jews they searched the Scriptures thinking in them they have eternal life

Jesus also told the Jews that if they believed the writings of Moses they would believed in Him, but asked them how they were going to hear His words if they didn't believe Moses

Moses told the people about the word of God being near them, in there hearts and mouths.

Paul explained that the Word of God we preach is found in our hearts and mouths, and to not say in our hearts who will ascend into heaven to find it because that was to be trying to bring Jesus Christ down, and Jesus said that He would always be with us.

Now all the above is in Bible and is correct, so why do so many claiming to know, study, and follow the writing in the Bible not believe that Jesus Christ is with them so as to be heard from? Are they not just like those preached to by Jesus, Moses, and Paul?

Of course they are - because they don't actually believe what they read.

As for me - The Word of God - He came into my life. His first words to me were "Read You Bible" as I have already testified to. Yet the Word of God is a person, not a book. I read that in the Bible.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God"

How did they miss that?

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

I don't know how anyone can claim to have read and studied the Bible and missed the first couple of verses in John. It goes on to say that the Word took on flesh and walked among them. That was the One they called Jesus, and we continue to call Jesus today. He said He would send the Holy Spirit of God, who is His spirit since He is God, and that the Holy Spirit would not speak on His own initiative but would take what is His (the Word of God) and give them to you. (See John 16 if that does not ring a bell from your studies)

Jesus explained that His word are spirit and are life and that it is the Holy Spirit who gives life (His words) - Then it was the Holy Spirit who gave His words to people like Moses and Paul, but reading what they heard is not hearing from Him yourselves!!!!!

Through Isaiah the Word of God explained that He had rest but the people would not listen, so the Word of God to them would be "Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

So what do we know, according to the Bible, when someone says the line upon line of the Bible is the Word of God to them? We know that they are not listening to Him like they should!!!

We all probably get like that sometimes. I often don't listen to Him like I should either!! Never-the-less, according to the Bible He is the Word of God who we are preaching. And this is supposed to be a testimony section. So in this section, for your consideration, I am giving the testimonies of what happened when I choose to believe in Him, listened to Him, and actually tried to follow Him.

I had spent 40 years of walking around not hearing with my spiritual ears, even a single word from God, and He came into my life a little over 20 years ago. These are the testimonies of what happened when He did. They were at the very least interesting. Consider them as you wish, but they are in regards to the One whose first words to me personally were "Read Your Bible" - and how to you think I came to know so quick about all those verses in various places in the Bible that tell you Jesus Christ is the Word of God if I had not read the Bible. Yes - Jesus Christ, though His
Spirit, went over them with me and a whole lot more!!
The first words He spoke to me were, "All things are possible, if one only believes." I love your testimony, it rings true!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was just shortly after a started hearing from the Lord regularly that He told me that He was taking me to see my grandparents that summer, because He was about to take them home. They were in an old folks home several states over, close to my mom's sister. The Lord had me contact my mom and tell her what I was hearing.

You know that it turned out that my mom was hearing from the Lord regularly...??? That was a surprise to me. Yeah, she went to church often. Yeah, she and my dad took me to church as a child. But no - this hearing from the Lord regularly had never been explained to my by my mom or by the church. That kind of upset me, as I figured this out. I was finding talking to the Lord so incredible that I could not believe that Christians were keeping it a secret. I guess it still does upset me. Obviously that is part of the reason I want to tell others about Him even today, some 20 years later. He is worth knowing.

Anyway, He told me when I was to go - the week of my sons birthday. He had me make all the arraignments. And when the time came few months later, I was off on a vacation with my mom and kids to see my grand parents, who I hadn't seen in years.

There were pretty old, and well into their nineties. I hadn't known, but I found out from my mom on the trip that they had been married on New Years day 1925. This was the summer of 2000, so they had just celebrated their 75 wedding anniversary, if you could call anything they could now do as celebrating. They spent most of their time in bed. They had faithfully serve the Lord as Christians. I found out later, when I later got my grand father's Bible, that he too was hearing from the Lord. He had written all these little things the Lord had told Him down in his Bible.

It was all becoming clearly to me why the Lord had suddenly spoken to me, a man who was not interested in church or any of those things. It was because of those before me. They most certainly had done some praying on my account.

It was a nice trip, and very nice to see them. I was happy my kids got a chance to see them. I'm not sure they ever had before. That was in August of that year. My grandfather died in October, and my grandmother was not far behind.

It occurred to me that the Lord had come into my life just in time to let me and my kids see them before He took them home - just like He had told me. The Lord had kept them together just long enough to get them all the way to their seventy fifth wedding anniversary.

He had obviously planned it all, for a group of people who wear hearing from Him. A group that I had just join. It was a little thing that meant so much, and still does when I look back at it.

Those little things tends to make me zealous for Him, and trying to get people to hear from Him by faith.

Yes, Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice - hearing Gods voice is normal in Christianity - or is supposed to be.

Today there are a lot of dead churches that teach God went on vacation after the apostles died, and never speaks, or does anything anymore.

But as Sid Roth says, Christianity is naturally supernatural.

Maranatha

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first words I heard from the Lord was him calling my name twice and telling me I have sinned against the Lord.

Reactions: Truman

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice - hearing Gods voice is normal in Christianity - or is supposed to be.

Today there are a lot of dead churches that teach God went on vacation after the apostles died, and never speaks, or does anything anymore.

But as Sid Roth says, Christianity is naturally supernatural.

Maranatha

The above - with the statement - 'or is supposed to be' is right to my understanding which I got after He came into my life and I started hearing from Him daily. It's not that I consider it so much "supernatural" but He can certainly come across that way. I have seen Him do hundreds of miracles around me and in me - yet talking to Him via His Holy Spirit becomes natural to me now - though I still find Him weird because His ways are still not my ways.

His ways are not my ways for several basic reasons. First is that He is God and I am simply an average human being - that of course puts our ability to think on massively different levels. An other basic reason is that I am always seeing things from a physical or earthly perspective where as He is seeing things mostly from a heavenly or spiritual perspective. Still this thread was more about another reason for why he sees things different than me, and that is because He is the creator where as I am the created. Because He created everything He cares for things more than I do - after all He created all things so He is going to care for all things more than me.

Therefore - when I do listen to Him - which we Christian are supposed to be doing as mentioned above - I find that still small loving voice of His and the wisdom of the Creator behind it - and that means:

Hearing from Him made me understand that He cares

So then I connect the two things - Hearing from Him and finding out what the loving and wise things to do is - And I believe the best, wisest, and most loving thing I can do for any person is to point them to Him so that they listen to Him. That should be the natural thing for a thinking man to do, but it might be that last thing a person wants if they want to thing they know what's best.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it should be "He is awesome" but yeah what He did was awesome also. Still, that was just one little thing. To try and get more people to believe and seek Him, I am going to be posting more testimonies about what He has done in my life. If others don't start filling up this testimony section of the forum, I can and will. He is indeed awesome.
That was awesome...He is awesome beyond words! Fill away!