Hearing Him means knowing His thoughts are not your thoughts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the idea to have Him help me hire a couple of employees, thinking I was going to get good Christian employees. The first person He wanted me to hire seemed good but I found out she was selling spiritual stones to new age shops. Still He wanted me to fire her, and from what He told me, it seemed He wanted her so I could testify about Him, Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I had another applicant to interview and this application looked even better than the prior one. She had also done a number of little jobs, was available anytime, and wanted part time. She had even had a job at a summer job at well-known Christian church. He must have gotten me that nice Christian employee. The interview went great also. She had a great smile with a fun personality, and she seemed very sharp with her answers. I hired her.

She was doing a fantastic job. She was quick, accurate, great with people. Out of the 100 application I went through with the Lord, He had certainly picked out the best, was my thinking.

One day, after she had been with us a few weeks, I was walking behind the check stand where she was working. Suddenly the Lord told me, "Karl, where is she from?"

It's kind of weird, now being able to hear Him like that. Usually I was asking Him questions and He was giving me answers, but our relationship was growing and not sometimes He would just suddenly tell me something. I think that is what the prophets of Old meant by writing, "The word of the Lord came to me saying." Anyway I responded to the Lord, "She is from here Lord. She doesn't have an accent. She looks like a local girl. She acts like a local girl. She must be from here."

He didn't respond back. But that just got me thinking about what He had asked me all the more. Where was she from? So when I got a chance I decided to just ask her. And when I did ask her where she was from she just started chatting away---

She was from Russia!! She had come here with her parents because of religious persecution. "Well..." she explained. They really hadn't seen religious persecution. It was just an excuse used to get the the USA. They were Jewish. "Well..." she again explained. Actually her father was Jewish. Her sister was Christian, and she was pagan.

'PAGAN'??? .. the thought exploded in my head!! I had thought this time the Lord had gotten me a nice Christian employee and again He had wanted someone me to bring in someone with a demonic problem!! 'God is so weird', I was thinking. His thoughts are just not my thoughts!! I was thinking nice Christian employee, He was thinking nice pagan employee who He could get at through me. Yeah, it is written that the work of God is that all should some to know the Son, but I didn't realize before knowing Him just how serious He is about that.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wants you to witness to them some how.

Yes - the work of God is that all should come to know the Son, therefore He does what He does (the work of God) to get us to witness to them!

And indeed I talked to this fairly young Jewish girl from Russia who counted herself a Pagan.

After work one night on our way to our cars I asked her about being a Pagan. She explained that she did Tarot cards, cast spells, and a number of things like that. When I asked her about the the "spells" she explain that it was not like you think. She told me that casting a spell was a lot like praying, except you prayed to the 'power to be'.

I was thinking how nice it was to be able to prayer to the One who has the power instead of some hopeful. Anyway - she was telling me that unlike her sister the Christian, she saw some pretty incredible things happen. That's when I told her I was a Christian, and I assured her that I had seen the Lord do some incredible things. I was still a fairly new Christian, but even at the point I had seen tons of things (way too many even then to go into them all, I just have to give some highlights when given testimonies) I told her that there was two side to the spiritual realm. She said she didn't think so. I

It was an interesting conversation. I had learn a lot. I also found it sad that the pagan Jewish girl, who had gotten a paying job one summer at a well respected Christian church, had the impression that incredible things don't happen in Christianity!!!! How can that be that when the Lord does His work, and bring people to us to testify about Him, that they go away after a summer working in our churches without knowing the power of God???

That is why I am writing these testimonies. Jesus Christ is the King of kings, and Lord of lords, and His Kingdom is a Kingdom of power!! But from my working with the Lord it seems we Christian have not made people aware of that!! So again -

Yes - the work of God is that all should come to know the Son, therefore He does what He does (the work of God) to get us to witness to them!

And if we do doesn't he provide us with the power we need???

Please read the next post!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I talked the Jewish Pagan girl I hired about Jesus Christ, I had gone to my car to drive home. When I got in the car a spirit told me "God never wins!"

HA - a spirit she had had followed me to my car to try and intimidate me. This was interesting. I had picked up other evil spirits trying to influence me but never had a spirit not the Lord talked to me so clearly. They normally try to stay hidden, working little thoughts here and there. So I found it interesting and funny at the same time.

Then that evil spirit told me that "he was going to kill me " - as I was getting onto the freeway next to the store. Now I was thinking that I might just call on the Lord Jesus Christ to bind him up and remove him, but I decided on a different approach. Instead I told that evil spirit that he could only kill me if the Lord Jesus Christ let him. You see, we have an omni-present Lord and He is God - King of kings - and Lord of lords. He is not some spirit hoping to be God.

Anyway next - that spirit again told me that he was going to kill me. Then I felt something like two fingers grabbing my throat and trying to choke me. It felt that way, but it really didn't choke me at all. So I told that spirit that it was going to have to press a lot harder if it was going to kill me. It felt that way for a couple more minutes then it was gone.

It must be tough to be an evil spirit, boasting and bragging about how you were going to kill someone and then have you attempt fall so short, that you even got laughed at!

Still, I was learning more. There is some power in the demonic realm, and it will be used to intimidate and scare. The poor Jewish Pagan girl had a lot more going against her than I knew.

continued

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that’s something! It is funny these evil spirits think they can scare us. Death is on our side! If we die we are where we want to be anyway!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the next thing I decided to do was to ask the Lord is He would hide her Tarot Cards.

The problem with that idea was that I didn't know if He had actually done what I asked. A week or so had gone by and I had not heard about her using her Tarot cards (we had a couple of other short conversations about the Lord Jesus Christ and being pagan) Finally, I decided to ask her about her Tarot cards, and if she had been using them.

She replied "No - I haven't been able to find them lately."

Stupid me, I had to ask. He had hide them on her, but I already understood that the Lord gives us all freewill. If you really want to read Tarot cards you have the right (via your freewill) to do that. And sure enough she went looking for them, found them, and was at them again. So I asked the Lord what I should do about this, and listen for His thoughts on the issue. (It's always best to seek Him, and listen but this is the hardest lesson to learn) He told me to have her read her Tarot cards that night and He would take them over. So before I left work I asked her if she could read her Tarot cards tonight, because the Lord Jesus Christ was going to take them over. She said she could read them tonight.

I could hardly wait to find out what the Lord had said to her, via the Tarot cards. I was working early and she was coming in for the late shift so I caught her before leading. She told me that first she had asked if she was suppose to read them, and she was told 'she was'. Then she asked about me, and she was told that she was to continue talking to me.

On the way home I had to ask the Lord about it. He confirmed what I was told. When she had asked if she was to read them, He explained, of course He told her yes. He wanted to get a message across. So when she asked about me, He told her to keep talking to me.

So what happened after that was interesting! I never got a chance to talk to her again. She was off the next day and I was on vacation the week after that, and when I came back from vacation she was gone. She had quit. She had never even come by to get her check. So that very last words she had told me were that she was supposed to keep talking to me.

It's got to be tough, knowing that God can just take over your Tarot cards from the "one to be" (or so Satan thinks). It's got to be tough knowing how bad we don't want to hear about the Lord Jesus Christ. And tough to have been thinking that Christians didn't see incredible spiritual things, only to have yourself shown to be following weaker spirits. She had worked in a Christian church for a summer, but didn't understand. She had an father who was a practicing Jew. She had a sister who was a Christian. She had still chosen to follow demonic things. She had not believed that there were two sides to the spiritual realm, but now what was she going to do and think? She was a really good employee and a very nice person.

So what did I learn from it. A lot, that's what. I learn about how my Lord is indeed more powerful than demons. I learn that He cares for people, but that we don't want to listen to Him. I learned that we don't battle with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. The Lord had told me that her sister, the Christian, had been praying that He would do something in that girls life, so He had hooked her up with me. I saw that He loves people, and those people lured into witchcraft He still greatly cares for. He showed me that He still very much cares for the Jewish people even if they still won't listen to Him. Basically - He showed me that He is God.

Should we seek Him and listen to Him?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the next thing I decided to do was to ask the Lord is He would hide her Tarot Cards.

The problem with that idea was that I didn't know if He had actually done what I asked. A week or so had gone by and I had not heard about her using her Tarot cards (we had a couple of other short conversations about the Lord Jesus Christ and being pagan) Finally, I decided to ask her about her Tarot cards, and if she had been using them.

She replied "No - I haven't been able to find them lately."

Stupid me, I had to ask. He had hide them on her, but I already understood that the Lord gives us all freewill. If you really want to read Tarot cards you have the right (via your freewill) to do that. And sure enough she went looking for them, found them, and was at them again. So I asked the Lord what I should do about this, and listen for His thoughts on the issue. (It's always best to seek Him, and listen but this is the hardest lesson to learn) He told me to have her read her Tarot cards that night and He would take them over. So before I left work I asked her if she could read her Tarot cards tonight, because the Lord Jesus Christ was going to take them over. She said she could read them tonight.

I could hardly wait to find out what the Lord had said to her, via the Tarot cards. I was working early and she was coming in for the late shift so I caught her before leading. She told me that first she had asked if she was suppose to read them, and she was told 'she was'. Then she asked about me, and she was told that she was to continue talking to me.

On the way home I had to ask the Lord about it. He confirmed what I was told. When she had asked if she was to read them, He explained, of course He told her yes. He wanted to get a message across. So when she asked about me, He told her to keep talking to me.

So what happened after that was interesting! I never got a chance to talk to her again. She was off the next day and I was on vacation the week after that, and when I came back from vacation she was gone. She had quit. She had never even come by to get her check. So that very last words she had told me were that she was supposed to keep talking to me.

It's got to be tough, knowing that God can just take over your Tarot cards from the "one to be" (or so Satan thinks). It's got to be tough knowing how bad we don't want to hear about the Lord Jesus Christ. And tough to have been thinking that Christians didn't see incredible spiritual things, only to have yourself shown to be following weaker spirits. She had worked in a Christian church for a summer, but didn't understand. She had an father who was a practicing Jew. She had a sister who was a Christian. She had still chosen to follow demonic things. She had not believed that there were two sides to the spiritual realm, but now what was she going to do and think? She was a really good employee and a very nice person.

So what did I learn from it. A lot, that's what. I learn about how my Lord is indeed more powerful than demons. I learn that He cares for people, but that we don't want to listen to Him. I learned that we don't battle with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. The Lord had told me that her sister, the Christian, had been praying that He would do something in that girls life, so He had hooked her up with me. I saw that He loves people, and those people lured into witchcraft He still greatly cares for. He showed me that He still very much cares for the Jewish people even if they still won't listen to Him. Basically - He showed me that He is God.

Should we seek Him and listen to Him?

I think the best prayer for anyone deceived by the occult or false doctrine that could send them to hell, may be for God to open their eyes.

Reactions: Karl Peters