Hearing Him results in helping others when you wouldn't have

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have so many testimonies where when I listened to Him I wound up helping others when I wouldn't have.

One of the best example was when He asked me to get gas when I didn't really need gas for my car. I heard Him ask me, and I instantly responded by telling Him that I didn't need gas!

So often when I go to correct Him, He just doesn't respond. That puts me in a situation where I have to decide whether I am going to do what He asked, or not. That was what happen in this case. I decided to get gas for my car.

So I pulled into the gas station and while filling up a man came up and ask for some change because he needed it to ride the bus. I didn't have any money on me, just my bank cards. I didn't have any money on me. So I explained that to him.

The man walked away and I told the Lord that I couldn't give him any money because I didn't have any on my, trying to defend my decision because I knew the Lord had told me to come to the gas station.

The Lord responded, "Karl, you could have offered him a ride so he wouldn't need the money for the bus."

I have pointed out before that our thoughts are not His thoughts. Yes He was right. If I had thought of it, or actually turned to the Lord before the man walked away, I could have offered him a ride. But who knows how far he want to go and I lived just down the street.

The Lord also responded to that thought saying, "Karl, you have time enough today to drive quite a way. Surely farther than he needed."

I think I also must have brought up in some of these posts that He reproves those He loves. He love Jacob but hated Esau (See Mal 1) God is love, but since He hated Esau, there must be something that also can cause Him to hate a person. I believe it is a failure to believe He is there to talk to us.

Anyway, I began to look for the man so I could offer him a ride, but I couldn't see him. So I asked the Lord where the man was, and the Lord told me, "He is in the cross walk." Indeed he was. He was going to another gas station with a Mac Donald's in it.

So I got in my car and drove over there, to offer the man a ride. As I was going I notice that young man had hooked up with another young man and a young lady there. When I got there the young man with his friend had gone into Mac Donald's, leaving the young lady out side. So I pulled up to the young lady who appeared to be shivering really bad. I told her that that young man had asked for money for a bus, and that while I didn't have any money I could give em' a ride.

She appeared to like the idea and explained that they would be back out soon. So I waited. They came out and wanted a ride to the local maul, and got in. So I went to take them to the maul, while they began talking in the back.

They story I heard while driving them to the maul really got to me. I turned out that they had just graduated from high school. With that the young lady had been kicked out of her home. Her parents mom felt that she was no longer obligated to let her stay in the house, so the young lady had just spent her first night alone on the streets. That is why she was obviously shivering. The two young men were friends from her school who had come to help her the best they could. They wanted to get her to the maul so they could find other of their friends to see what more they could do for her.

I wanted to cry and was rather upset by what I had heard while driving them to the maul. I was so upset just thinking that parents, any parent, could treat their kid that way. I keep talking to the Lord about it. Did He need me to stop by the bank and pull some money our for her. Now I was far more willing to help than at the gas station.

Yet the Lord responded to me, "Karl, it is my job to get her help. It is your job and responsibility to listen to Me. I needed to get her and her friends to get the maul. I will take it from there."

I have soooo may testimony about Him having me help people when I listen to Him. That particular testimony got to me and is hard to forget, but it is not alone. He has had me do so many things that I would not have done if I didn't listen to Him. So I am zealous for Him and that people would seek to hear from Him!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have so many testimonies where when I listened to Him I wound up helping others when I wouldn't have.

One of the best example was when He asked me to get gas when I didn't really need gas for my car. I heard Him ask me, and I instantly responded by telling Him that I didn't need gas!

So often when I go to correct Him, He just doesn't respond. That puts me in a situation where I have to decide whether I am going to do what He asked, or not. That was what happen in this case. I decided to get gas for my car.

So I pulled into the gas station and while filling up a man came up and ask for some change because he needed it to ride the bus. I didn't have any money on me, just my bank cards. I didn't have any money on me. So I explained that to him.

The man walked away and I told the Lord that I couldn't give him any money because I didn't have any on my, trying to defend my decision because I knew the Lord had told me to come to the gas station.

The Lord responded, "Karl, you could have offered him a ride so he wouldn't need the money for the bus."

I have pointed out before that our thoughts are not His thoughts. Yes He was right. If I had thought of it, or actually turned to the Lord before the man walked away, I could have offered him a ride. But who knows how far he want to go and I lived just down the street.

The Lord also responded to that thought saying, "Karl, you have time enough today to drive quite a way. Surely farther than he needed."

I think I also must have brought up in some of these posts that He reproves those He loves. He love Jacob but hated Esau (See Mal 1) God is love, but since He hated Esau, there must be something that also can cause Him to hate a person. I believe it is a failure to believe He is there to talk to us.

Anyway, I began to look for the man so I could offer him a ride, but I couldn't see him. So I asked the Lord where the man was, and the Lord told me, "He is in the cross walk." Indeed he was. He was going to another gas station with a Mac Donald's in it.

So I got in my car and drove over there, to offer the man a ride. As I was going I notice that young man had hooked up with another young man and a young lady there. When I got there the young man with his friend had gone into Mac Donald's, leaving the young lady out side. So I pulled up to the young lady who appeared to be shivering really bad. I told her that that young man had asked for money for a bus, and that while I didn't have any money I could give em' a ride.

She appeared to like the idea and explained that they would be back out soon. So I waited. They came out and wanted a ride to the local maul, and got in. So I went to take them to the maul, while they began talking in the back.

They story I heard while driving them to the maul really got to me. I turned out that they had just graduated from high school. With that the young lady had been kicked out of her home. Her parents mom felt that she was no longer obligated to let her stay in the house, so the young lady had just spent her first night alone on the streets. That is why she was obviously shivering. The two young men were friends from her school who had come to help her the best they could. They wanted to get her to the maul so they could find other of their friends to see what more they could do for her.

I wanted to cry and was rather upset by what I had heard while driving them to the maul. I was so upset just thinking that parents, any parent, could treat their kid that way. I keep talking to the Lord about it. Did He need me to stop by the bank and pull some money our for her. Now I was far more willing to help than at the gas station.

Yet the Lord responded to me, "Karl, it is my job to get her help. It is your job and responsibility to listen to Me. I needed to get her and her friends to get the maul. I will take it from there."

I have soooo may testimony about Him having me help people when I listen to Him. That particular testimony got to me and is hard to forget, but it is not alone. He has had me do so many things that I would not have done if I didn't listen to Him. So I am zealous for Him and that people would seek to hear from Him!

Hello Karl,
wonderful testimony. It's all in the hearing Him and obeying. It gets exciting to see what He will have us do when we have ears to hear!
God Bless bro!