Hearing our Lord Jesus Christ for basic instructions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As mentioned in earlier testimonies, I had figured out that I could seek the Lord and hear words from Him inside me. Once I realized that I started asking Him about all sorts of things. I gave several testimonies about what happened when I asked Him about helping me hire some employees. I found out that His thoughts are not my thoughts. I wanted some good Christian Employees, He was after trying to get me to talk to people lost in demonic problems. The work of God is that all should come to know the Son, and He is serious about that.

I found out that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around, and that now having ears to hear meant I could hear from whatever spirit was around. Of course that makes sense. When you go to the store you can hear from anyone talking in the store be they a nice little old lady to a evil robber. Still, I had found that our Lord Jesus Christ was always there to talk to my via His Holy Spirit. So I kept seeking Him, and He kept answering. It was a wonderful time in my life.

I asked Him about every thing and He would help me with everything I ask about!!!!!!

This is not what I heard from the times I went to church. This was however what it was like to know Jesus Christ!! There was nothing too small to ask about!!

I remember the time I needed to make a display in front of a check stand, so I asked Him what I should put on it. He had me go to the stock room and had me look up to four little boxes that had gotten put way up high all by themselves. I have no idea who would have put them there, or what could possibly be in them. They certainly didn't look big enough to be able to fill the front of a check stand. And not just any merchandise is good for valuable spot like that. But I got a ladder and pulled them down.

Inside were some fancy game controllers. That was not the type of item I was thinking of, and I was certain that the district manager would think so either. And it still didn't look like enough to fill in the space. But like when learning to hear from Him while going down the freeway, the question of whether you want to believe in Him or not always seems to come up!! I was still learning that His thoughts are not my thoughts, and that listening to Him is going to challenge your faith in Him, for that very reason.

So I decided to trust Him again, which always seems to be a decision that I have had to make. Even now, 20 years later, I always have to decide if I am going to trust Him when I do seek Him and listen to what He says. I took the boxes to the front and that small voice of His told me exactly how to display them and they were exactly enough to fill the space. The display looked good!

Still I knew a question would come up about whether they were the right item to put there. So I went to our computer and decided to track the inventory and sales. I wanted a recorded to defend that decision with.

Wow, did that display ever sale. It was the best selling display I had in front of the check stands. I need more of them. And sure enough the district manage had come in, spotted the display and started to tell me that I had the wrong item for the front of the check stand. To which I was able, (because I had track the sales) to point out that this was the best selling display of all the check stand displays. I provided him with the figures, the fact that not a one had been stolen, and that they or similar items had not been selling like this until I put them in front of the check stand. It also turned out that this particular check stand was the one closest to where the game systems were being sold, so they would naturally be the check stand to where those buying game systems would check out at and decide to add a fancy controller to their purchase.

I can hardly tell you how nice it is to be able to reprove, with great accuracy and a smile, the district manage and show how smart you have been. Of course it wasn't me who was smart enough to figure all that out. Yet we can be smart enough to seek the Lord for basic instructions in our life!!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As mentioned in earlier testimonies, I had figured out that I could seek the Lord and hear words from Him inside me. Once I realized that I started asking Him about all sorts of things. I gave several testimonies about what happened when I asked Him about helping me hire some employees. I found out that His thoughts are not my thoughts. I wanted some good Christian Employees, He was after trying to get me to talk to people lost in demonic problems. The work of God is that all should come to know the Son, and He is serious about that.

I found out that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around, and that now having ears to hear meant I could hear from whatever spirit was around. Of course that makes sense. When you go to the store you can hear from anyone talking in the store be they a nice little old lady to a evil robber. Still, I had found that our Lord Jesus Christ was always there to talk to my via His Holy Spirit. So I kept seeking Him, and He kept answering. It was a wonderful time in my life.

I asked Him about every thing and He would help me with everything I ask about!!!!!!

This is not what I heard from the times I went to church. This was however what it was like to know Jesus Christ!! There was nothing too small to ask about!!

I remember the time I needed to make a display in front of a check stand, so I asked Him what I should put on it. He had me go to the stock room and had me look up to four little boxes that had gotten put way up high all by themselves. I have no idea who would have put them there, or what could possibly be in them. They certainly didn't look big enough to be able to fill the front of a check stand. And not just any merchandise is good for valuable spot like that. But I got a ladder and pulled them down.

Inside were some fancy game controllers. That was not the type of item I was thinking of, and I was certain that the district manager would think so either. And it still didn't look like enough to fill in the space. But like when learning to hear from Him while going down the freeway, the question of whether you want to believe in Him or not always seems to come up!! I was still learning that His thoughts are not my thoughts, and that listening to Him is going to challenge your faith in Him, for that very reason.

So I decided to trust Him again, which always seems to be a decision that I have had to make. Even now, 20 years later, I always have to decide if I am going to trust Him when I do seek Him and listen to what He says. I took the boxes to the front and that small voice of His told me exactly how to display them and they were exactly enough to fill the space. The display looked good!

Still I knew a question would come up about whether they were the right item to put there. So I went to our computer and decided to track the inventory and sales. I wanted a recorded to defend that decision with.

Wow, did that display ever sale. It was the best selling display I had in front of the check stands. I need more of them. And sure enough the district manage had come in, spotted the display and started to tell me that I had the wrong item for the front of the check stand. To which I was able, (because I had track the sales) to point out that this was the best selling display of all the check stand displays. I provided him with the figures, the fact that not a one had been stolen, and that they or similar items had not been selling like this until I put them in front of the check stand. It also turned out that this particular check stand was the one closest to where the game systems were being sold, so they would naturally be the check stand to where those buying game systems would check out at and decide to add a fancy controller to their purchase.

I can hardly tell you how nice it is to be able to reprove, with great accuracy and a smile, the district manage and show how smart you have been. Of course it wasn't me who was smart enough to figure all that out. Yet we can be smart enough to seek the Lord for basic instructions in our life!!!

I can hear Him too. Since 1977. Since then I just wait until He tells me what to pray, and only when He does, then I pray His words, and I receive 100% of my prayers for me or someone else.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can hear Him too. Since 1977. Since then I just wait until He tells me what to pray, and only when He does, then I pray His words, and I receive 100% of my prayers for me or someone else.

Yes!!!!

This it the way to pray!! - and we should listen to Him in all aspects of our liveds.

Still - concerning prayer - it is written that we do not know how to pray like we should! The more we listen to Him the more we understand this.

For example - if someone has a problem what needs to be done to solve it??

Frankly, we just don't have the full answers on how to best proceed. Yet we do have the Lord our God, Jesus Christ with us at all times and He has the answers!!

So far my testimonies have been from the year or so after coming to know the Lord, but that was 20 years ago. Since then He has had me doing soo many things for Him. For five years He had me working in a Christian healing ministry for Him and there you really get to understanding that we need to ask Him for what and how to pray for people!!!! You absolutely need to have Him leading you with His voice when working in that ministry!

I can begin to tell you the number of times someone would come in wanting prayer for a friend of theirs and when listening to the Lord He would have me ask about their stomach, or back, or some other part of their body. Then when I asked it turned out that they had really bad pain themselves. And this applies to other ministries too.

For example I was working in and just watching over a prayer room for Him, where anyone could come it and just spend some personal time with the Lord in this beautiful room with huge windows that over looked the valley from high. Three people were in the room one day when suddenly the Lord started telling me that a lady in the corner was praying for a friend but that she had a very real problem with her elbow. He told me several times so I got up and quietly asked her if she was having a problem with her elbow.

Oh yes - she had a problem with her elbow alright. In fact she had lost her job because she couldn't do her job anymore because of her elbow. Now she also had a financial problem, and needed another job. But she was indeed not praying about that problem, she was praying for a friend who had just had surgery. That was not our healing ministry, that was just our prayer room set aside for people to pray in. My wife worked that ministry with me and I had her see my wife for prayer for the elbow and we also told her about the healing ministry, because the Lord has different gifts and different ministries. And if we do not know, all the gifts and ministries are to be done with our ears wide open to Him!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still - concerning prayer - it is written that we do not know how to pray like we should! The more we listen to Him the more we understand this.

Look at Mark 16:16-18 for us individually. Notice speaking in tongues, but no interpretation of tongues. When we do not know what to pray, pray in tongues TO God, because those words are God's will and He will answer. You may not see the answer, but you are uniting with God for His purpose.

Hearing God's voice is part of the gifts of the Spirit of 1 Cor. 12 for the profit of all, and for ministry purposes. They are given to those Jesus gives an office. Not everyone has these. And the gift of diverse kinds of tongues must be paired with interpretation of tongues, and must not be spoken if you, yourself, do not have the gift of interpretation, or the person that does have that gift is not present. That is the only reason why 1 Corinthians 12:30 implies that not everyone has these particular gifts for receiving messages FROM God. And why Mark 16:16-30 is for all Christians, whether they know it or not.

Unfortunately I am very lax in speaking in tongues, because I can hear His voice. Not only for prayer, but for interpreting Scripture as I've been given the office of teacher. God has given me all the gifts except diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues, and that includes prophecy, but I do not have the office of a prophet. At least God has only spoken to me that He was giving me the office of teacher - nothing else, so far.

I enjoyed your testimony on healing. That is one that every believer has also from Mark 16. But you seem to have the office. I don't, but I do know who I am in Christ, and the Christ in me does the healing when I command it.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at Mark 16:16-18 for us individually. Notice speaking in tongues, but no interpretation of tongues. When we do not know what to pray, pray in tongues TO God, because those words are God's will and He will answer. You may not see the answer, but you are uniting with God for His purpose.

Hearing God's voice is part of the gifts of the Spirit of 1 Cor. 12 for the profit of all, and for ministry purposes. They are given to those Jesus gives an office. Not everyone has these. And the gift of diverse kinds of tongues must be paired with interpretation of tongues, and must not be spoken if you, yourself, do not have the gift of interpretation, or the person that does have that gift is not present. That is the only reason why 1 Corinthians 12:30 implies that not everyone has these particular gifts for receiving messages FROM God. And why Mark 16:16-30 is for all Christians, whether they know it or not.

Unfortunately I am very lax in speaking in tongues, because I can hear His voice. Not only for prayer, but for interpreting Scripture as I've been given the office of teacher. God has given me all the gifts except diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues, and that includes prophecy, but I do not have the office of a prophet. At least God has only spoken to me that He was giving me the office of teacher - nothing else, so far.

I enjoyed your testimony on healing. That is one that every believer has also from Mark 16. But you seem to have the office. I don't, but I do know who I am in Christ, and the Christ in me does the healing when I command it.

A couple of things about the above:

First there is an instruction to desire (and you understand that means praying for right?) all the gifts of the Spirit!!!

Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

And we should understand that if God wants you to desire something (the gifts) then He has every intention of giving them (all of them) to you!!

Of course there is a common misunderstanding which causes people to think they can operate in the gifts of the Spirit without the Spirit - which is silly! The Spirit is not going to speak on His own initiative, but as He hears He speaks, and if He does not speak tongues to your spirit then what you have is not from Him.

Jn 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Of course if you ask you will receive, so the gift of tongues is simply the belief that since the Lord is with us we can ask for the Holy Spirit to speak through us and it will happen - the gift is actually a gift of faith to believe the Holy Spirit can use you voice even if you don't know what is being said!

Of course, then the gift of interpretation is the gift of faith to believe the Holy Spirit can also speak to you in words you can understand and explain what is being said!!

Then the gift of prophecy is the faith to believe the Holy Spirit can speak to you words of a prophetic nature. Note: the Holy Spirit is still never going to speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears (from our Lord Jesus Christ) He will speak and disclose it to you!

So if anyone doesn't understand, the Lord will explain, if they listen. Simply put, if we seek Him and listen He can tell us what He wants to tells us, be it tongues, the interpretation of tongues, wisdom, words of knowledge, teachings, words of prophecy -- thus any and all of the words that come from Him!!

Therefore - all the gifts of the Spirit (as we tend to view them) are simply the gift of God (Jesus Christ our Lord is God!!)

So because I know Him, I wind up speaking in tongues at times. Since I know Him I can ask Him questions like "what am I praying in tongues" and get and answer (an interpretation). I can ask Him for what I should pray for a person, or if there is anything I need to know about a person, and the main person I should be asking about is myself, right? So I get teachings, I get information about how to pray for healing and how needs that pray for healing. I get words of knowledge, words or wisdom, words or prophecy - but all according to what He wants to tell me personally and on whether I am seeking Him and willing to listen to Him!!

That is the Word of God (Jesus Christ) that I am preaching, per His instructions to me!!

Which is to say that He wants His people seeking His voice and listening to Him. --- Someone must have noticed that everything I write has to do with getting people (and mostly His people called Christians) to listen to Him more..

Frankly - if anyone decides to listen to Him they are going to wind up hearing from the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is going to give you access to all the gifts of the Spirit at the appropriate time!!! Still, He might not give them to you if you don't desire them - or any of them. So again - desire the gifts - all of them - then listen and you will have them all when the Lord wants you to have them - and He wants you to have them!! He said desire them, so the problem is not that He doesn't want you to have all the gifts of the Spirit, but that we don't want them! We don't want to listen - or at least not to all the Holy Spirit brings us from our Lord! That is the problem!! It always has been!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First there is an instruction to desire (and you understand that means praying for right?) all the gifts of the Spirit!!!

All that truly believe in Christ have been given the signs of Mark 16:16-18. Those are for our individual growth. What we are to "desire" is being in service to others, and those spiritual gifts that are for the profit of all.

Of course there is a common misunderstanding which causes people to think they can operate in the gifts of the Spirit without the Spirit - which is silly! The Spirit is not going to speak on His own initiative, but as He hears He speaks, and if He does not speak tongues to your spirit then what you have is not from Him.

All those who have received the Holy Spirit and are born again, which is necessary to being saved, can speak in tongues. But they can be faked by someone who is not saved.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People - it is written that seek and you will find, ask and it will be opened to you!! As Christians was seek Jesus Christ and ask Him questions!

If the Bible is right, then seek Him and you will find Him! That doesn't mean there are not spirits other than the Holy Spirit, so some discernment is need, but what and how do we discern? It is written that the Holy Spirit tells you Jesus Christ is Lord (1 Cor 12:3) and that the Holy Spirit tell you Jesus Christ came in the flesh (1 Jn 4:1-3) - and we read that we need to practice using our spiritual senses. We need to practice listening (Heb 5 - the last part of chapter)

So why do we get worried about whether others know Him or not???? They will if they seek Him (Jesus Christ) and His voice, because He stands at the door and if anyone hears His voice He will come into them and eat with them! (Rev 3:20) Notice again the "Anyone" as in everyone can find Him by listening to His voice and opening up to Him personally. So who is worried about whether others are speaking in false tongues? All you have to do is ask Him about it if you are! So where did the worry come from? That is the better question? Ask Him about that also? He will send His Holy Spirit with His words and you will be guided into all understanding. That is to say - He will explain things to you personally if you seek Him. That is what all these testimonies I am giving is about!!

They are about how I ask Him and got answer because we (Jesus Christ and myself) developed a relationship, because I sought Him and listened - We talked!