Hearing the Lord Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know the right thing to do, only the Lord does! We know what we want to do! We might even know at times what we think is the right thing to do, but even then we usually don't think if something we are doing is really right or wrong, we just do it.

Therefore, it is important that all men should be seeking the Lord and are open to hearing from Him!!

Now many say they are open to hearing Him, but that is not true as can be seen by their very actions verses the Lord way of leading people!!

It is written that the Lord guides our steps and tells us when to turn to the right or left - so is that how often we are hearing from Him? If not, then we are not open to hearing from Him like we think!!

Now I don't hear Him like I should either, but I do hear from Him about a dozen different times each day. I just took a walk with Him, and we talked about this - like I have many times before. If we (Him and I) could get people to seek Him and what He has to say to them, it would change the world. People in general won't do that, but each of us can do that! He specifically talked to me about 'what if' the President of the USA actually listened to Him, and 'what if' the DNC and RNC actually listened to Him? It would change the country. But first enough of us have to start listening to Him before we can choose from someone who actually listens to Him. He once told Samuel:

1 Sam 12:14 “If you will fear the LORD and serve Him, and listen to His voice and not rebel against the [fn]command of the LORD, then both you and also the king who reigns over you will follow the LORD your God.

Each of can have that by making Jesus Christ, The Word of God, our Lord by listening to Him. But if we all, or at least most of us, started doing that we would have a President of the USA who listened to Him. So let me at least try to explain about listening to Him to those wanting to know how to start listening to Him:

I once told the Lord that it is sometimes hard to hear from Him! He instantly responded, reproving me by saying, "Karl it is not hard to hear from Him. It is easy to hear from Me, but sometimes it is hard to believe that."

So, the first think to understand when it comes to hearing from Him, is that He is always there and always willing to answer you, so that it is easy to hear from Him!! However, it is often hard for us to believe that!!

On my walk I just mentioned above; He was talking to me about this subject. He brought about how people often ask other people what they would ask for it they could actually hear from Him. "One question they might ask..." explained the Lord to me " was for the winning lottery numbers?" Now He explained that it might not be good for them to have the winning lottery numbers, but He also might want to give them to the person. Would they use them to help others? Would it help them? So, a believer could ask Him,, and He would give them an answer!! It might even be yes, that He will give them the numbers, but it is unlikely that they would believe that He would!! In that case they couldn't hear the answer 'yes or no' even if they asked!

Therefore, one of the main reasons we don't hear the Lord is that we are starting our conversations with Him about things we can't believe for!!!

I recommend that you might try asking Him about how He feels about you personally!! I know He loves people who honestly seek Him, but that is often a bit hard for us to believe. Afterall, we might think we are not even good enough for Him to want to talk to. That is why He went to the cross and forgave us, and had it recorded; so that people would think that He might talk to them. The cross was designed to give us enough faith to at least believe that He might love us enough to talk to us. He always did have love for us if we just believed in Him enough to seek Him and what He has to say, to answer us our questions!

So, try starting by asking, "Jesus Christ, how do you fell about me?" And pick up what comes to your spirit from His Holy Spirit! I have used that with perhaps a hundred different people in ministry and it is rare that someone does pick up something - and it is almost always a bit surprising how the Lord does it. They might just hear Him say He loves them, but He can and usually is very creative.

Another way to start a conversation with Him that we often used, was to ask Him if they needed to forgive someone. If you have not started your day with the Lord's prayer and remembered to forgive to forgive others in the process, then you probably need to forgive someone for something. In fact, in that healing ministry, many of the leaders for the prayer groups just started by leading people in forgiveness by having them ask the Lord if they needed to forgive someone. I didn't, because I always sought the Lord for how He wanted to lead us, but about 70 % of the time even He got us going by leading a person in forgiveness. It is just a good way to start a conversation with the Lord. You pray, "Lord Jesus Christ, is there anyone I need to forgive?" And pay attention to what comes to you! That is using your spiritual senses!

Another great way to start a conversation with the Lord is simply by saying, "Good, morning Lord." When you get up. Then just listen for His response!!!
That is the important part, the listening! I often also add, "Do I have to get up now?" It is an obvious question for me to have and He is the right person to ask!! He sometimes tells me, not yet. He sometimes tells me that I have to get moving because I am running a bit late. He sometimes starts a teaching with me. He sometimes just says "Good morning and asks me what I want to do." The point is that I don't know what He is going to say until I hear Him!! And the best way to start hearing from Him is to start asking Him something. It can be if He will give you the winning lottery numbers, but that is not how you normally start a conversation with a friend, so start treating the Lord your God, Jesus Christ, as not only your Lord who you should actually be getting instructions from, but also with the respect of a friend who loves you.