Heaven is Not Where Those Who Are Saved Go

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Whoever ends up being saved, otherwise called the elect, do not go to heaven, hence why Jesus Christ said this,

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5 [NIV])

This saying is a fulfillment of this prophecy in this Psalm,

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:11 [KJV])

So where do the elect go? Those who are elect stay on the earth, since the earth is the true promised land to those who are elect. The promised land of Israel was a type and foreshadow of a greater land the people of God will acquire, and it is the entire earth. This is why there is a second coming of Jesus Christ, to visibly and literally take possession of the earth, in which case the earth will finally become his at the last trumpet blast,

And the seventh angel trumped. And there were great voices in the heaven, saying, the kingdom of the world is become of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign into the eons of the eons. (Revelation of John 11:15 [ABP])

Which also fulfills this prophecy,

I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." (Psalm 2:7-9 [NIV])

It will be at his return, that the trumpet blasts will begin to sound,

"Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. (Matthew 24:30-31 [NIV])
[16] For the Lord himself in a word of command by the voice of an archangel, and with a trumpet of God, shall descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise up first. [17] Thereupon we the living, the ones remaining, together with them shall be seized in clouds, for meeting the Lord in the air, and thus at all times with the Lord we shall be.
(I Thessalonians 4:16-17 [ABP])

And at the last trumpet blast, not only will the Lord take possession of the earth, but also all the elect be instantly changed into imperishable and immortal bodies that do not grow old and do not die,

[51] Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not indeed all sleep, but all shall be changed, [52] in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For it shall trump, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For it is necessary this corruption to put on incorruptibility, and this mortal to put on immortality. [54] But whenever this corruptible should have put on incorruptibility, and this mortal should have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the word having been written, Death was swallowed down in victory.
(I Corinthians 15:51-54 [ABP])

It is also at the last trumpet blast that the elect who are dead will be resurrected, which is the first resurrection,

(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:5-6 [NIV])
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:1-3 [KJV])

And so, at the last trumpet blast, once all the elect have been changed into new bodies, they will then be gathered by angels to meet the Lord in the air, where those who were raised from the dead will be gathered first, and then the rest who were already alive will be gathered after. And so, from there, just as the Israelites took control of their plot of land over time,

But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land. (Exodus 23:29-30 [NIV])

So will the elect take possession of the earth over time after the trumpet blasts. Each of the elect will then be given authority to rule on the earth just as the Israelites ruled over their plot of land, which fulfills these prophecies,

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-- that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. (Revelation 2:26-27 [NIV])
The one who conquers,I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21 [ESV])
It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. (Romans 4:13 [NIV])
"As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance." (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])
And the kingdom and the dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High; his kingdom shall be an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.’ (Daniel 7:27 [ESV])
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. (Daniel 2:44 [KJV])

And also coincides with this parable,

"'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.' "The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.' "His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.' (Luke 19:17-19 [NIV])

Each of the elect will be given a different measure of authority to rule on the earth, and the elect will also be given authority to judge, which fulfills these scriptures,

Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? (1 Corinthians 6:2 [ESV])
Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! (1 Corinthians 6:3 [ESV])
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [ESV])
Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 [NIV])

This period of rulership will last for a thousand years, before another period of a new heaven and new earth begins, wherein the elect that ruled on the earth for one thousand years, will then receive an allotment in a new city whose architect is God, a city of gold that descends from heaven onto the earth, and will be called the New Jerusalem. It is when this new city descends from heaven, that those who stored treasures in heaven for safekeeping will then receive their treasures in this new city to come, which will exist on a new earth,

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matthew 6:20 [NIV])
For both in my bonds you sympathized; and the seizure of your possessions with joy you accepted, knowing to have in yourselves a better possession in heavens, and abiding. (Hebrews 10:34 [ABP])
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2 [KJV])
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. (Revelation 21:2-3 [NIV])

So, this is why the elect do not go to heaven, since according to scripture, the elect are appointed to live on this earth, and also in the new earth, in which case the elect will first be given immortality and authority to rule in this earth, and then will also be given wealth beyond measure in the new earth.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, at this point this should be crystal clear to most seasoned Christians by now, that when you die, there is no actual destination beyond the grave until the redemption. Sadly, this obvious fact isn't well understood. We are too busy chasing rainbows, navel gazing, entertaining ourselves to death and getting hooked on political nonsense to understand the most basic concepts taught in the Bible. The concept is very simple. We don't go to heaven, God will bring "heaven" to us with the new Jerusalem and afterwards the new earth.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow, I am impressed with your posts, cga and dcopymope.

You both have a good grip on what the Bible actually tells us, as against the many who have chosen to believe the easy and escapist way out of forthcoming troubles.

Living in a regenerated holy Land, as all true Christians will do soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed, Deut 32:43, Ezekiel 34:11-31 and many other prophesies, will be a fantastic experience and the fulfilment of our destiny. Isaiah 49:8

The Bible is clear about what happens to those who die. The dead know nothing. Eccl. 9:5
But at almost every Christian funeral, the pastor will say: He/she is in heaven now, with Jesus. This little white lie is relatively harmless and helps to console the living. Unfortunately, it also reinforces the rapture to heaven lie. I am pleased to see more people renouncing that false teaching.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
keras said:
Wow, I am impressed with your posts, cga and dcopymope.

You both have a good grip on what the Bible actually tells us, as against the many who have chosen to believe the easy and escapist way out of forthcoming troubles.

Living in a regenerated holy Land, as all true Christians will do soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed, Deut 32:43, Ezekiel 34:11-31 and many other prophesies, will be a fantastic experience and the fulfilment of our destiny. Isaiah 49:8

The Bible is clear about what happens to those who die. The dead know nothing. Eccl. 9:5
But at almost every Christian funeral, the pastor will say: He/she is in heaven now, with Jesus. This little white lie is relatively harmless and helps to console the living. Unfortunately, it also reinforces the rapture to heaven lie. I am pleased to see more people renouncing that false teaching.

Would have to disagree,scripture clearly states wher the dead are....

I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."

I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."

The next five verses lay the foundation to what is called the "rapture theory". That is all it is, is a theory; and unproven idea. As we study our Father's Word; set aside all preconceived ideas you have about a rapture, and let's see what Paul is trying to tell the Thessalonians.
It is from these verses that the "rapture theory" was born. Let's see just how willing you are to bet your soul on it, when we take a fresh look at what Paul really said. Because that is what you are doing when you rely on it in the last days.

After Paul told the Thessalonians to live right in the community, and search their souls for sin in their lives, they were then to repent of any sin. Paul moved next to what happens when death comes to this flesh body. This topic is important to Paul, for it is the stabilizing factor to the Christian life. It removes the fear that comes from the unknown of ones death. Paul gives this information for one reason, and that is, that we not be ignorant as the heathen are. In other words, Paul doesn't want Christians stupid.

This concern is over "them which are asleep". The concern is over the loved ones that have died and left them, and their decaying bodies are out there in their grave. Paul is saying for us not to be sorry about those Christians who are dead and gone, for that is the concern of the heathen. The heathen's fear comes from their ignorance of God's word, and His promises. The heathen have no hope, for they believe it's over at the burial.

I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

If we believe, as a Christian, that Christ set the example for us; so that we will follow as He did, in dying, and rising again, then "to sleep" is to be dead from the flesh body. The Greek is a simple language, for it's structure allows one to be more precise. The subject in the frame of this verse is; "that ye not be ignorant as to where the dead are." If you're a Christian, you know and believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and on the third day arose and came out of the tomb. If you do not believe this, Paul classifies you as ignorant, and heathen [non-believer].

It was on the fortieth day that he ascended back to the Father. When Jesus ascended into heaven, all the souls went with him into heaven also, that had passed on, up to that point in time. The souls of some went to wait for that time of judgment, while others to the glory of God. Those that sleep [are dead] are not out there in a hole in the ground, but all Christians must believe that they arose to be with the Father, just like Christ did also. The dead are with God; all of them. "To be absent from the body [flesh body] is to be present with the Lord."Ecclesiastes 12:7.
Regardless what chapter nine of Ecclesiastes says concerning the flesh body; when this flesh body is dead, the soul is gone from it, and the flesh is left to rot. It is difficult to see how they made a "rapture theory" out of this, when the subject is, "where are the dead?" So we see that when one dies, his soul goes immediately to be with our Heavenly Father. If you believe this, you are not heathen.

I Thessalonians 4:15 "For we say unto you, by the word of our Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent in no wise [precede] them which are asleep."

This, Paul states, is not his words, but it is from the Word God gave to him. Where? Ecclesiastes 12:7, that is where it is written.
"We which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord," this is our gathering back to Jesus Christ. "Shall not prevent them", would be better translated, "We are not going to precede [go before] them." We can not precede them for a very simple reason; the dead are already there with God. It is the only logical fact that can come from this. If you do not, or will not believe this, then you believe in soul sleep as the heathen do, and the hope and glory Paul is speaking of, for the Christian, and you are ignorant of God's glory. Whether victorious, or sentenced to hell, all the dead are now with the Father, and not in the ground.

Paul, in another writing, told us exactly; as far as the return of Jesus Christ, when we would be gathered back to Him. That goes also for when we would see those who are asleep [dead], and that exact moment is at the sounding of the seventh [last] trumpet. It will happen very quickly, in the wink [twinkling] of an eye. I Corinthians 15:50-54 tells us we will not go away to any place, but stay right here on earth. We are going to be changed into our new Spiritual bodies, and put off these flesh bodies.

Paul says, "Behold I show you a mystery". In other words, Paul is going to reveal something so we will not be ignorant about it. "We shall not all sleep [die] but we shall all be changed." I Corinthians 15:51 Changed to what? The same thing the dead are, and that is the subject. All those still in the flesh body, at a certain moment [the sounding of the seventh trumpet] will shed this flesh body [corruptible and perishable body] and take on the new "incorruptible" body. Friend, That is the hope and salvation of the Christian.

To document this, in I Corinthians 15:50 we are told that "flesh and blood cannot inherit", or face Jesus Christ in His kingdom. Christ's kingdom will cover the entire earth, and that is why the flesh body must perish. The time of this change comes at the seventh trumpet, which is the last trump, and stated in verse 52, "for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed".
Those who are even dead spiritually will be raised in an incorruptible body. That is a body that doesn't get sick, or grow old; in other words, it is your spiritual body.

Why?

Because the Kingdom of God is where ever Christ is; and at the seventh trump Christ will be on earth with the saints, and setting up his 1000 year millennium kingdom. No flesh and blood body can exist in that kingdom. This is your "gathering back to Christ", and that is what the rapture meaning is all about. It is the time when Christ comes back to earth and the saints that are alive are changed and drawn to Him.

http://www.theseason.org/1thess/1thess4.htm

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Mark 12:27 "He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err."

Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord , holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth."

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, n2thelight.

You should be aware that Yeshua`s statement in Mark 12:27 is regarding YHWH being the God of Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqov, who were very much still in their graves when He said it! Look at the verse in its context:

Mark 12:18-27
18 Then come unto him the Sadducees (Ts'duqiym), which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
20 Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21 And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
22 And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
23 In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
KJV

So, Yeshua` was talking about being "the God of the living" IN THE RESURRECTION, NOT in some "Heaven!"

Now, let's look at a "soul" vs. the "body":

To do this, we must go back to the first mention of the word "soul," which is the Hebrew word, "nefesh":

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

Pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the wording of this verse, particularly in the Hebrew! First, YHWH formed the MAN (not the body of the Man) from the dust (or mud) of the ground! The man (haa'aadaam) IS the body! Then, He puffed into his nostrils the puff of life, and the MAN became a living air-breather! The word "nefesh" is the noun form of the verb "nafash":

OT:5315 nephesh (neh'-fesh); from OT:5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):
KJV - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, dead (-ly), desire, [dis-] contented, fish, ghost, greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thyself-), them (your)- selves, slay, soul, tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, would have it.

OT:5314 naphash (naw-fash'); a primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air):
KJV - (be) refresh selves (-ed).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

So, the word "nefesh" (or "nephesh" as it is often written) simply means an "air-breather." This word "nefesh" is translated as "psuchee" in Greek:

1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul (psucheen zoosan); the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
KJV

Thus, the word "psuchee," spelled psi-upsilon-chi-eta, also means an "air-breather!" So, when Yochanan (John) said what he said in Revelation 6:9-10, he was talking about "AIR-BREATHERS!"

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the air-breathers of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice (HARD TO DO WITHOUT AIR!), saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
KJV

These people are ALIVE AGAIN! They are AFTER the Resurrection has occurred!

Today, we have this weird notion that a "soul" is something other than the "body!" And, some religious bozo in the past has made the doctrine that one's "soul" can go to "Heaven" without the "body!" We've built some pretty fantastic theology around this doctrine, and NONE of it is true!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
cga said:
Whoever ends up being saved, otherwise called the elect, do not go to heaven, hence why Jesus Christ said this,

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:11 [KJV])

So where do the elect go? Those who are elect stay on the earth, since the earth is the true promised land to those who are elect. The promised land of Israel was a type and foreshadow of a greater land the people of God will acquire, and it is the entire earth. This is why there is a second coming of Jesus Christ, to visibly and literally take possession of the earth, in which case the earth will finally become his at the last trumpet blast,
If this is your faith, it is OT Jewish faith in the NT Christian era. Your verbiage seems to confirm that as well.

Today, we have this weird notion that a "soul" is something other than the "body!"
Right, in the OT they had little understanding of the soul. They tended to call it the "heart" .. as in "Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee." The heart is also part of the soul in NT parlance .. as is the conscience. Together they make up our "nature," either human (at birth), sin (once we have sinned), or divine (once we have repented relieving our souls of sin guilt and a sinful heart).

it would be wonderful, I'm sure, if you guys would join us in the Christian era trusting the risen Christ as your Savior.

skypair

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
cga said:

And the seventh angel trumped. And there were great voices in the heaven, saying, the kingdom of the world is become of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign into the eons of the eons. (Revelation of John 11:15 [ABP])

Which also fulfills this prophecy,

I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." (Psalm 2:7-9 [NIV])

It will be at his return, that the trumpet blasts will begin to sound,

"Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. (Matthew 24:30-31 [NIV])
[16] For the Lord himself in a word of command by the voice of an archangel, and with a trumpet of God, shall descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise up first. [17] Thereupon we the living, the ones remaining, together with them shall be seized in clouds, for meeting the Lord in the air, and thus at all times with the Lord we shall be.
(I Thessalonians 4:16-17 [ABP])

And at the last trumpet blast, not only will the Lord take possession of the earth, but also all the elect be instantly changed into imperishable and immortal bodies that do not grow old and do not die,

[51] Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not indeed all sleep, but all shall be changed, [52] in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For it shall trump, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For it is necessary this corruption to put on incorruptibility, and this mortal to put on immortality. [54] But whenever this corruptible should have put on incorruptibility, and this mortal should have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the word having been written, Death was swallowed down in victory.
(I Corinthians 15:51-54 [ABP])

It is also at the last trumpet blast that the elect who are dead will be resurrected, which is the first resurrection,

(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:5-6 [NIV])
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:1-3 [KJV])

And so, at the last trumpet blast, once all the elect have been changed into new bodies, they will then be gathered by angels to meet the Lord in the air, where those who were raised from the dead will be gathered first, and then the rest who were already alive will be gathered after. And so, from there, just as the Israelites took control of their plot of land over time,

But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land. (Exodus 23:29-30 [NIV])

So will the elect take possession of the earth over time after the trumpet blasts. Each of the elect will then be given authority to rule on the earth just as the Israelites ruled over their plot of land, which fulfills these prophecies,

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-- that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. (Revelation 2:26-27 [NIV])
The one who conquers,I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21 [ESV])
It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. (Romans 4:13 [NIV])
"As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance." (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])
And the kingdom and the dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High; his kingdom shall be an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.’ (Daniel 7:27 [ESV])
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. (Daniel 2:44 [KJV])

And also coincides with this parable,

"'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.' "The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.' "His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.' (Luke 19:17-19 [NIV])

Each of the elect will be given a different measure of authority to rule on the earth, and the elect will also be given authority to judge, which fulfills these scriptures,

Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? (1 Corinthians 6:2 [ESV])
Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! (1 Corinthians 6:3 [ESV])
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [ESV])
Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 [NIV])

This period of rulership will last for a thousand years, before another period of a new heaven and new earth begins, wherein the elect that ruled on the earth for one thousand years, will then receive an allotment in a new city whose architect is God, a city of gold that descends from heaven onto the earth, and will be called the New Jerusalem. It is when this new city descends from heaven, that those who stored treasures in heaven for safekeeping will then receive their treasures in this new city to come, which will exist on a new earth,

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matthew 6:20 [NIV])
For both in my bonds you sympathized; and the seizure of your possessions with joy you accepted, knowing to have in yourselves a better possession in heavens, and abiding. (Hebrews 10:34 [ABP])
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2 [KJV])
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. (Revelation 21:2-3 [NIV])

So, this is why the elect do not go to heaven, since according to scripture, the elect are appointed to live on this earth, and also in the new earth, in which case the elect will first be given immortality and authority to rule in this earth, and then will also be given wealth beyond measure in the new earth.
Jesus also said this:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven,

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
tom55 said:
Jesus also said this:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven,
Did it not occur to you that the kingdom of heaven is a kingdom from heaven? Just as the kingdom of God is a kingdom from God. These are kingdoms that will exist on earth from God, and also from heaven, as prophesied.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Underline: Believers go to heaven at first resurrection and rapture. The great multitude in Rev 7:9 is the body of Christ receiving springs of living water.

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 7:38-39 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." 39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

1 Pet 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ "

Rev 19:1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
cga said:
Did it not occur to you that the kingdom of heaven is a kingdom from heaven? Just as the kingdom of God is a kingdom from God. These are kingdoms that will exist on earth from God, and also from heaven, as prophesied.
Thank you for your opinion. But that is not what scripture says.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
tom55 said:
Thank you for your opinion. But that is not what scripture says.
I find these comments to be such rubbish, when clearly many scriptures have been presented in this study to prove otherwise. For clearly we see this,

Sounds like the heavenly Jerusalem is coming down to earth, "don't it"?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cga said:
I find these comments to be such rubbish, when clearly many scriptures have been presented in this study to prove otherwise. For clearly we see this,

Sounds like the heavenly Jerusalem is coming down to earth, "don't it"?

It makes me wonder when was the last time some of these people actually read the Bible, or maybe they are just trolling you, pretending to not understand what is plainly stated in kings English.