• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Prison is made for criminals.
Its where they go, because they can't be allowed to harm the public, again and again and again.
They have proven by their behavior, by their choices, by their lifestyle... that they can't be trusted to live among people who are not criminals.
So, you have to keep them away from society, the public, .............= Prison.

Hell, is the place where people chose to go because they did not want Jesus or God, or Heaven, = when they had the chance to be a part of it all their LIVES.
They had this chance for as long as they were breathing, right until their DEATH BED.

Hell is not full of believers who love God and want Jesus.
Its full of people who hate God, rejected Christ and do not want to be a part of God's family, before they died.
After they are in hell, they all want Jesus, of course.
So, God created the place for them to go, as He can't allow them to be in Heaven with the people who chose to be there, and He will never.

Hell is not about, being punished, as that is the wrong idea.
Its about where to put those who dont want Jesus and who dont Love God.
You dont put those people with the people who wanted Jesus, as we are talking about for ETERNITY.
Do you think God is going to allow God Haters and Christ rejectors to be right there for all eternity with the people who Love Jesus?
=NO.
That would be chaos and strife and crazy for all eternity.

So, God put those who had no use for God, and no use for Jesus, and no use for Heaven, where they belong, after they die, as that is their CHOICE and God honors your choice.
There is a place for them and their Father, who is the Devil.
They are his Children.

Whereas Heaven is the place for the born again, ... God's LITERAL SPIRITUAL Children.

Hell, = FOREVER APART from those who want Jesus, love God, and are born again.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not sure about this statement? I tend to think at that point their choice is fixed forever, and they would not be happy in heaven either.

I think you should consider that to suddenly be confronted, immediately after you take your last breath.... with what you never wanted to believe all your life...., is going to cause you , in hell, to realize 4 things in a matter of seconds...

1.) It was all TRUE

2.) I can't get out.

3. ) Im going to burn

4. ) Its never going to stop burning.

So, there is no way a person is going to Realize that, in Hell, as soon as they arrive.... and not want to get off that hot seat.

Take for example, the worldly fool that wrote this popular song.....

"Imagine there's no heaven, its easy if you try.......no hell below us.......above us only sky"..

So, that devil met a lot of bullet holes before he met the realization that there IS a "hell below us" and a "heaven above us".
He is wishing to GOD, right now, and forever.... that he had listened and BELIEVED while he was on earth and could have....

Too late for John Lennon, unless when He was bleeding out from the 5 bullet holes.. = He "called on the name of Jesus" for mercy, and God gave it to Him.
Could be.
I dont think He did, but, if he did, then praise God for one more who was given the "gift of Righteousness" .. "the Gift of Salvation".

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is heavy stuff which needs to be preached more. Fire and brimstone or heaven. Your choice.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, there is no way a person is going to Realize that, in Hell, as soon as they arrive.... and not want to get off that hot seat.
Sure, but heaven would burn them too, IMO. One who hates God cannot stand to be in his presence let alone praise him.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its full of people who hate God, rejected Christ and do not want to be a part of God's family, before they died.
Hell (sheol in Hebrew, hades in Greek) is where everyone goes when they die. It is the grave, or the state of death. Jesus compared it to a deep sleep (John 11:11-14):

... and after that, he said to them, “Our friend, Lazarus, has fallen asleep, but I am going so that I may awake him out of sleep.”
The disciples therefore said, “Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover.”
Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that he spoke of taking rest in sleep.
So Jesus said to them plainly then, “Lazarus is dead.”​

There is no conscious thought when you are dead:

(Ecc 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead don’t know anything, neither do they have any more a reward; for their memory is forgotten.
(Ecc 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor plan, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, where you are going.

As an example of somebody who did not hate God, but who desired to go to hell, consider Job. Job's suffering became unbearable, and while he did not deny God, he did pray to the God to let him die; and his use of language in the prayer is most revealing. From Job 14:10-15 (Darby):

10) But a man dieth, and is prostrate; yea, man expireth, and where is he?
11) The waters recede from the lake, and the river wasteth and drieth up:
12) So man lieth down, and riseth not again; till the heavens be no more, they do not awake, nor are raised out of their sleep.
13) Oh that thou wouldest hide me in Sheol, that thou wouldest keep me secret until thine anger be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me, —
14) (If a man die, shall he live again?) all the days of my time of toil would I wait, till my change should come:
15) Thou wouldest call, and I would answer thee; thou wouldest have a desire after the work of thy hands.​

According to the view originating in the Dark Ages, sheol, the Bible hell, was supposed to be a place where God visits his wrath upon sinners; but here we have Job, a righteous servant of God, praying to go to hell to escape God's wrath. How different is the Word of God from the teachings of the Dark Ages! The wrath of God from which Job asked to escape by going to sheol is the manifestation of his disfavour toward the human race because of sin. It began in Eden in the pronouncement of the death sentence upon our first parents, and all the pain and sorrow in the world since have been incident thereto.

But Job, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, looked forward to a time when God's wrath would be past, when, according to the Book of Revelation, there would be no more "curse" (Rev 22:3). With this hope in mind, he simply asked God to allow him to fall asleep in death - to go into sheol - until it was the due time for divine love to be manifested in the restoration of the dying race. Then, as Job expressed it, he would hear the Lord call him forth from death (verse 15).

Hell is not about, being punished, as that is the wrong idea.
Its about where to put those who dont want Jesus and who dont Love God.

There is a place for them and their Father, who is the Devil.
God will not put them anywhere - that would mean they would have eternal life, but "the wages of sin is death" (Rom 6:23).

Hell, = FOREVER APART from those who want Jesus, love God, and are born again.
Hell is death; the second death is eternal death (there is no second resurrection) - "Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire", "But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death” (Rev 21:8).

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hell (sheol in Hebrew, hades in Greek) is where everyone goes when they die. .

Hell is not the Grave.
Jesus said in Matthew 5 that its better to tear out your own eye then to be cast into HELL.

Hell is not the grave, and Death is just a door that opens into eternity.

Reactions: teamventure

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said in Matthew 5 that its better to tear out your own eye then to be cast into HELL.
The passage says (Mat 5:27-29):

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery;’
but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
If your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable for you that one of your members should perish, than for your whole body to be cast into Gehenna.​

Note that Jesus said "cast into Gehenna", not "cast into Hades". He is not referring to the same hell as is referred to in the Old Testament (sheol).

Gehenna, literally, was a deep valley, or ravine, just outside the ancient city of Jerusalem which was used as a place for the disposal of the offal of the city. In the Hebrew language it was know as the "Valley of Hinnom." Fires were kept constantly burning in this valley in order to assure the destruction of everything that was cast into it. Not only, therefore, was Gehenna a place of destruction, but that which was destroyed therein was worthless.

The literal Gehenna of Jesus' day was used for the destruction of the city's garbage, it is said that the carcasses of dead animals were also often destroyed therein. It is also said that the dead bodies of human beings - criminals - whom the Jews judged as unworthy of a resurrection, were also destroyed in Gehenna. In view of this, those to whom Jesus ministered would be quick to catch the thought of eternal destruction when he used Gehenna as a symbol of the punishment of the wicked.

Jesus was saying that if your lusts for a woman are likely to cause you to break the law then it is better to pluck out your eye before you commit a crime and are cast into Gehenna as an executed criminal. Or alternatively, he could be saying that if anything should stand in the way of our gaining eternal life in the kingdom, then despite those things seeming very precious to us as Christians, it would be better to give them up as mere temporal advantages in order to make sure of the eternal glories.

Hell is not the grave, and Death is just a door that opens into eternity.
Where in the Bible does is say that "death is just a door that opens into eternity"? I don't recall ever reading that. I don't remember it saying that the penalty for sinning is to have a door opened into eternity.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its full of people who hate God, rejected Christ

Hell is also filled with professing believers who said they loved Jesus, but ignored his commandments:

John 14:21,24 KJV
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. ...[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

And professing believers who kept sinning:

Matthew 7:22-23,26-27 KJV
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And again, for those who ignore his sayings while professing belief:

[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: [27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

I wonder how many Christians have a mind to:

Be defrauded.
Be taken advantage of.
Allow to be stolen from.
Love their enemies.
Turn the other cheek.
Be first by being last.

Not many in my estimation. Most are like what Christ described here:

Mark 7:7-8 KJV
[7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

The earth is so filled with books that turn men from the truth that it seems all have turned aside from scripture in some way or another.

And then there’s the seemingly endless supply of Bible re-translators out there; they buy some books on Hebrew and Greek and suddenly they’re experts soo enlightened that they end up with no sure foundation to set their foot on.

Oh God, thankfully all this will end someday and the haughtiness of man will be brought low.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The passage says (Mat 5:27-29):

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery;’
but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
If your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable for you that one of your members should perish, than for your whole body to be cast into Gehenna.​

Note that Jesus said "cast into Gehenna", .

You found a corrupted bible that says "Gehanna"?
99.995 % of Bible say "Hell".
Maybe you need a real bible.

Also, EVeryone, including you, is going to the Grave.
You are aware that you are going to die?
So, you'll be in the grave, unless you are cremated.
Most end up in a box, in a hole, and that is the GRAVE.

JESUS understands that we are all going to the Grave after we die.
So, why would Jesus say..>"its better to tear out your own eye, then to go to the GRAVE"., as you teach that the GRAVE is "hell".

So, your teaching is cult based, and you should get away from it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hell is also filled with professing believers who said they loved Jesus, but ignored his commandments:

And professing believers who kept sinning:

And again, for those who ignore his sayings while professing belief:

Let me respond to your statements.

"""""Hell is also filled with professing believers who said they loved Jesus, but ignored his commandments:""""""

Hell is only filled with Christ rejectors.
Many of those worried about the commandments, but were never born again.
Hell is filled with Torah keepers and Commandment Keepers, who were never born again.

If you want to stay out of hell, then you "must be born again".
Keeping commandments can't keep you out of hell.

"""""""And professing believers who kept sinning:""""""

Many born again Christians are sinning and confessing, and how no clue how to stop.
They worry about it, they stress out about it, and they are depressed.
They sin and confess their entire Christian life, but, because they are born again, they will go to heaven.

Some Born again, are backslidden, but, still on occasion try to "live right".....and they are having hell in life, as when you live in sin, sin finds you with a harvest of pain, and sorrow, and worse, and this just keep on happening.

If you continue in sin, while born again, you'll probably die from the effects of the consequences, according to what Paul Teaches.

""""""""And again, for those who ignore his sayings while professing belief:""""""""

Well, the born again are saved based on Jesus, and not based on their lifestyle or deeds.
So, it can be that while living in sin , they are pretending to be devout and holy.
IT can be that they "play church" on Sunday and live like the devil ...Monday thru Saturday.

But, that is different then "taking God's name in Vain". or falsely professing belief.

Let me explain that...

There is his phrase...>"God-Damn"....that you hear.. Movies, music, angry people, ect.
That phrase is not a curse word, .. that is actually the person invoking God to damn something.
Many think that that phrase is to "take God's name in vain", but, its not.

To Take God's name in Vain is to pretend you are one of God's, when you are not.

What does that mean?
Well, if you are a woman, then you take the name of your husband, as your last name, when you are married.

When we are born again, we have taken God's name, as we are the BRIDE OF Christ and Christ is God..
See that?

So, to fake being a Christian, is to fake being the Bride of Christ, and that is to "take God's NAME...... in vain".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is only filled with Christ rejectors.

No, it is also filled with Christ acknowledgers who ignore his words (I quoted verses that show this: do you have eyes to see and ears to hear?)

worried about the commandments, but were never born again.

When you are truly born again you do not worry about keeping God’s commandments through Christ. You keep them by nature, from the heart.

If you want to stay out of hell, then you "must be born again".
Keeping commandments can't keep you out of hell.

True born again believers keep the law and establish the law.

Many born again Christians are sinning and confessing, and how no clue how to stop.

If they have no clue on how to stop sinning, they don’t know the Bible and are in the flesh. And these can also include once born againers who became reprobates.

sin finds you with a harvest of pain

Sin doesn’t “find” anyone; it’s in everyone’s flesh!

That is why we must crucify the flesh with the affections thereof (as saith the scripture).

Been listening to a fancy preacher lately? “Harvest of pain” are the empty words we must avoid. This kind of speech comes from false teachings.

If you continue in sin, while born again, you'll probably die from the effects of the consequences, according to what Paul Teaches.

Romans 6:1-2 KJV
...Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Well, the born again are saved based on Jesus, and not based on their lifestyle or deeds.

The born again are saved based on Jesus; And their deeds and lifestyle will reflect this in good works.

A true born again will not have evil works.

You sound like one that has been taught with the traditions of men.

Test yourself with the word of God and purge out the leaven of men that you may be a new lump

1 Corinthians 5:7 KJV
[7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You found a corrupted bible that says "Gehanna"?
99.995 % of Bible say "Hell".
Maybe you need a real bible.
I have more than one Bible translation. BTW, it's Gehenna, not Gehanna. I was quoting the World English Bible. Examples of other translations that say Gehenna are the Tree Of Life (translation by Messianic Jews), literal translations such as the Literal Standard Version and Young's Literal Translation, and even the Latin Vulgate! Look up the Strong's concordance for it and you can see for yourself that it is not translated from the Greek hades, but from the Hebrew name Gehenna. You need to be careful when reading the Bible, and be aware that translations can often be misleading (in this case using the same word, hell, to translate two different words, hades and Gehenna - and in another place the word Tartarus [2 Peter 2:4]).

Note also Mat 18:9, "And if your eye offends you, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into the hell of fire" (MKJV), or as the TLV puts it, "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you. It’s better for you to enter into life with one eye than, having two eyes, to be thrown into fiery Gehenna".

Or look at Mark's version - Mark 9:43-48 (TLV):

And if your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off! It is better for you to enter into life crippled than, having two hands, to go to Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire.
And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off! It’s better for you to enter life lame than, having your two feet, to be thrown into Gehenna.
If your eye causes you to stumble, tear it out! It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than, having two eyes, to be thrown into Gehenna, where ‘their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’​

In Gehenna fires were kept continuously burning, to burn up the flesh (from the temple sacirfices, dead animals, and even dead people), and worms and maggots thrived due to the rotting flesh.

Also, EVeryone, including you, is going to the Grave.
Correct (except those who will be raptured).

You are aware that you are going to die?
Yes!

So, you'll be in the grave, unless you are cremated.
Yes (I'll probably be cremated; others might drown at sea and be eaten, or blown up by a landmine, etc.).

So, why would Jesus say..>"its better to tear out your own eye, then to go to the GRAVE"., as you teach that the GRAVE is "hell".
He didn't say "It's better to pluck out your own eye than to go to the grave", he said "It's better to pluck out your eye than for your body to be cast into Gehenna". He didn't mention the grave! He referred to the literal, local, place called Gehenna, a place where the bodies of executed criminals were cast. My whole point was that Gehenna is not the same as hell (hades)! Jesus said "If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable for you that one of your members should perish, than for your whole body to be cast into Gehenna" (Mat 5:30). In other words, it's better to pluck out your eye or cut off your hand if that will prevent you from making a mistake that will result in you being executed as a criminal. He was using Gehenna, a place of continual fires, as a symbol of the second death, implying that we should avoid any depraved desire, pleasure or habit that is contrary to God's laws in order to avoid being destroyed with the second death.

So, your teaching is cult based, and you should get away from it.
Well I believe what I typed is Bible based!

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful when reading the Bible, and be aware that translations can often be misleading

Faithful translations are never misleading.

Matthew 10:28 KJV
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

God is not going to use any location on earth to destroy your soul.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have more than one Bible translation.
!

Try again.
Lets try again..

You say that "hell" is Gehenna. or "the Grave".
This imples that Jesus says that Hell is the "grave".
Yet, this same Jesus said that its better that you pluck out your eye then go to the "grave" as you define, hell.

So, Christ is not going to tell you that its better that you pluck out your eye then end up where you're going to end up, as all of us will...

Try to comprehend this simple fact., if you can.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
So, all this time the religion wars is all about "HOT SEAT". So, how would you want somebody to leave the "HOT SEAT" if those SEAT is unreal and only a rumour or gossip.
How could you the believers of the Christ envy to others belonging to the unreal chair of unreal throne ?
Or you guys are using this to justify what you're doing now about covid ?
If you want some of "HOT SEAT" just ask to God himself, so that God gave you the same "invisible seat".
Whoever live in holy spirit should not envy, its obvious in the bible as the envy is the work of the flesh and if you'd claimed that you already reborn again or already revived, why don't you put compassion and love others ?

This was the sign whoever revived in Holy Spirit :

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride;

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, all this time the religion wars is all about "HOT SEAT". So, how would you want somebody to leave the "HOT SEAT" if those SEAT is unreal and only a rumour or gossip.

Im not quite certain if you are a "No Heller" or if you are just not being clear...

But i can tell you this...
Jesus spoke more about Hell then he taught about Heaven.
Thats a fact, that the NT teaches you.
THat's not a myth.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No born again are found in Hell.
Only Christ Rejectors.

Jeremiah 9:5
And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.

What a generation we are living in...

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lets try again..
Ok, I'll try one more time. ;)

You say that "hell" is Gehenna. or "the Grave".
No, I say sheol in the Old Testament is sometimes translated as hell (and sometimes as "the pit" or "the grave"), and hades (the equivalent of sheol) in the New Testament is also translated as hell. (Peter in Acts 2:27 quotes "you will not leave my soul in Hades, neither will you allow your Holy One to see decay", which is a quote of Psalm 16:10, "For you will not leave my soul in Sheol, neither will you allow your holy one to see corruption".) But I'm saying that Gehenna should not be translated as hell, for it's referring to something different (otherwise why didn't Jesus use the word hades?).

So, Christ is not going to tell you that its better that you pluck out your eye then end up where you're going to end up, as all of us will...

Try to comprehend this simple fact., if you can.

Mark 9:47 (WEB) - "If your eye causes you to stumble, cast it out. It is better for you to enter into God’s Kingdom with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into the Gehenna of fire".

Jesus was saying that it's better to cut off part of your body if that would help you avoid stumbling, so that you can enter into God’s Kingdom, rather than to keep all your body parts but end up stumbling, which will result in you suffering the second death, symbolised by your whole body being destroyed in Gehenna.