Hello from Buffalo, NY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DiffractedMemory

May 9, 2008
Hello everyone!Just stopping by to say hi and give a brief explanation as to why I'm here and a brief history of my faith.I was saved a few years ago by a friend in college, but never had a home-base in my local neighborhood (I never really looked), and waned in faith. Last summer I attended Basileia (a Christian camp out in the Adirondacks) through InterVarsity on campus (different campus), and again waned afterward.I just got out of a relationship, and feeling massively in the dumps. Looking back on everything that I've ever done to get out of situations/moods like this, and none of it appeals. I have always run from hurt/pain/loneliness/etc by putting myself deep into games, distractions, etc.I am finally taking a stand, and asking God for help. I need to grow in a lot of ways, and I know its going to be hard.As I am relatively "new" in putting effort into my faith, I am trying to surround myself with others that believe, are potentially stronger than I am, and can help me grow in my faith and in God, because trying this alone is way too hard, even with God's help. I joined the forums with the hopes of growing. I am also looking for a good home-base church around the area.If anyone's from the Buffalo area, I'd love to get some feedback from churches around the area, bible studies, etc!God Bless!

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome Diffracted! So glad you found this site. There are many people that have experience and knowledge here. I am sure you will grow stronger in your faith by reading the comments here.
smile.gif

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome to the site! This is a very interesting and informative forum. Hope you enjoy your visits here.
smile.gif