Hello from the Pacific Northwest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Greetings from the sunny Pacific Northwest. I found this forum after a brief online search and thought it looked like a good place to engage in conversation with some like minded people.

A bit about myself: My name's Jason. I'm interested in many religions but have a special fondness for Christianity and have been studying the Bible in earnest for several years now. It's always a pleasant surprise when I read a chapter or verse that I've read several times before yet discover something new. The Bible is truly a living document!

This is not my first foray into online forums. In fact, you may recognize my screen name from other Christian sites. Don't worry. I'm not a fan of spamming so I promise I won't cross post.

I look forward to our future conversations.

Jason

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Greetings from the sunny Pacific Northwest. I found this forum after a brief online search and thought it looked like a good place to engage in conversation with some like minded people.

A bit about myself: My name's Jason. I'm interested in many religions but have a special fondness for Christianity and have been studying the Bible in earnest for several years now. It's always a pleasant surprise when I read a chapter or verse that I've read several times before yet discover something new. The Bible is truly a living document!

This is not my first foray into online forums. In fact, you may recognize my screen name from other Christian sites. Don't worry. I'm not a fan of spamming so I promise I won't cross post.

Jason

Congratulations on making it to the ripe old age of 122, Jason. It's never too late to learn to let go!

Welcome to Christianity Board, and hope you feel at home here. You're making me feel young again.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome, Jason! I'm new here too. It's great to hear you read the Bible (and I guess that's your cat? I have a cat and her name is Agate. She is very vocal). I'm on a couple of other Christian sites too. One however, I haven't visited in many years (the other one isn't too popular). Looking forward to talking with you here on the board.

Greetings from the sunny Pacific Northwest. ...

Hey--isn't it cloudy often up there? I actually love cloudy days and wish where I'm at would be more like that. I actually have the opposite of SAD (Seasonal affective disorder: where most people get sad when it's cloudy too much, I get depressed when it's sunny; and in the summer it's quite difficult for me. It's always the toughest season for me to get through because the sun is so bright and oppressive).

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi everyone,

Jason
Hi @LearningToLetGo God bless His Word to you...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Welcome, Jason! I'm new here too. It's great to hear you read the Bible (and I guess that's your cat? I have a cat and her name is Agate. She is very vocal). I'm on a couple of other Christian sites too. One however, I haven't visited in many years (the other one isn't too popular). Looking forward to talking with you here on the board.

Hey--isn't it cloudy often up there? I actually love cloudy days and wish where I'm at would be more like that. I actually have the opposite of SAD (Seasonal affective disorder: where most people get sad when it's cloudy too much, I get depressed when it's sunny; and in the summer it's quite difficult for me. It's always the toughest season for me to get through because the sun is so bright and oppressive).
Hi @dhh712 So you kind of prefer to stay indoors, then.....

(Seems from your posts that you have done a great deal of studying....)

Reactions: dhh712

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

Jason
Hi there , and welcome …

I am in the north west …Canada …a bit higher up than you :)
Alberta …

be blessed ….H

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

Jason
G'day Jason...a warm welcome from Australia...there are a few of us on here. Look forward to chatting.....

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @dhh712 So you kind of prefer to stay indoors, then.....

(Seems from your posts that you have done a great deal of studying....)

I do love to hike (preferably on cloudy days--but I do get out there however it is usually). Other than that, yeah I don't care to be outside much. I used to have a garden business but it got to be too much with my regular job; so would have preferred to be able to go with that full time instead but God has his purposes.

I've read some theology works, but I feel I never read enough. Since I was converted later in life I feel I have so much catching up to do. When I first picked up a Bible again in like nearly 15 years, I'm like how am I going to know anything about this stuff--I don't even know where all the books are in it! But that is what I'm reading the most of. And I'm so thankful that the Lord has given me the understanding of himself that he has, mostly to feel a great love for Jesus especially when I am downcast. I'll love to sing hymns in my room before going to bed. I feel it lifts me up so much to our Heavenly Father.

Good for you chum, the founders of all other religions are corpses in boxes somewhere but Jesus is not..:)

Praise the Lord! He is living and reigning seated at the right hand of God--in the same body that the apostles and disciples saw rise up to heaven. And we are seated in the heavenly places with him.

Reactions: Helen and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do love to hike (preferably on cloudy days--but I do get out there however it is usually). Other than that, yeah I don't care to be outside much. I used to have a garden business but it got to be too much with my regular job; so would have preferred to be able to go with that full time instead but God has his purposes.

I've read some theology works, but I feel I never read enough. Since I was converted later in life I feel I have so much catching up to do. When I first picked up a Bible again in like nearly 15 years, I'm like how am I going to know anything about this stuff--I don't even know where all the books are in it! But that is what I'm reading the most of. And I'm so thankful that the Lord has given me the understanding of himself that he has, mostly to feel a great love for Jesus especially when I am downcast. I'll love to sing hymns in my room before going to bed. I feel it lifts me up so much to our Heavenly Father.

Praise the Lord! He is living and reigning seated at the right hand of God--in the same body that the apostles and disciples saw rise up to heaven. And we are seated in the heavenly places with him.
@dhh712 Yes, it can be healthy to get out there and walk...

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dhh712 Yes, it can be healthy to get out there and walk...
Yeah, I just came back not too long ago from a hike. Very hot out. And lots of bugs. I really don't care to hike much in the summer (I can only go in the early morning, or in the evening if it cools off by then, but it usually doesn't). There's really not much about the summer that I do like. The frequent thunderstorms are about it!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, I just came back not too long ago from a hike. Very hot out. And lots of bugs. I really don't care to hike much in the summer (I can only go in the early morning, or in the evening if it cools off by then, but it usually doesn't). There's really not much about the summer that I do like. The frequent thunderstorms are about it!
@dhh712 We've had thunderstorms recently also...neither my wife and I are into chainsaws, although after a number of trees in our street fell down in the storm some of the guys were soon busy cutting up all the logs and debris....

Reactions: Helen and dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dhh712 We've had thunderstorms recently also...neither my wife and I are into chainsaws, although after a number of trees in our street fell down in the storm some of the guys were soon busy cutting up all the logs and debris....

Well that's good that it got cleared up. Yes--that is sometimes a negative result of the thunderstorms I love though. I have a dead tree here in my yard I'm trying to get someone to come by and take down--so that it doesn't fall on my house! And then when the trees fall along the hiking trails and you got to climb over them sometimes it can be a pain. There was a trail I went on last year where there were seriously like at least a dozen felled trees! I figured after climbing over like 4 of them that that had to be the end of it. So I just went ahead and finished the trail though it took me at least like an hour and a half longer than I planned. (and without the alltrails gps thing I would probably still be out there! But at least I got a good work out: ) Someone managing that park should have put a "closed trail" sign on it. Usually they're not that bad though.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well that's good that it got cleared up. Yes--that is sometimes a negative result of the thunderstorms I love though. I have a dead tree here in my yard I'm trying to get someone to come by and take down--so that it doesn't fall on my house! And then when the trees fall along the hiking trails and you got to climb over them sometimes it can be a pain. There was a trail I went on last year where there were seriously like at least a dozen felled trees! I figured after climbing over like 4 of them that that had to be the end of it. So I just went ahead and finished the trail though it took me at least like an hour and a half longer than I planned. (and without the alltrails gps thing I would probably still be out there! But at least I got a good work out: ) Someone managing that park should have put a "closed trail" sign on it. Usually they're not that bad though.
@dhh712 Well...maybe looking up 'tree surgeon' in the 'phone book or on the Web for your locality would do it; maybe getting 2 or 3 quotes before committing yourself would be best.....