Hello, I am new

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Hello, I am new and I hope I don't get banned. I was on another Christian forum and I was banned completely I guess for asking about Judaism and Islam, since it's a religious forum I thought they would be open minded and knowledgeable, bit maybe that was not the case. I have been really curious about Judaism and Islam because I have doubts and apprehension as of late. I also asked what Christians think of white supremacy and challenged the notion that I just need to find "Jesus" for possessing curiosity or critical thinking to possible religious dogma.

I am frightened to write this and fear I will just be banned right away. I am just looking for a place that is tolerant towards those who believe in a higher power or supreme being. I have been struggling with atheism somewhat and I thought maybe that coming to a place this might do me good. I have been thinking about going to church on a regular basis as well.

I have been staring to think that I simply have my own interpretation of the Bible and while I do not think that it is inaccurate or that I gravely misunderstand, just that the majority would probably think this, which is why perhaps it is better for me to just stay spiritual as I am starting to see how religion itself can be very oppressive.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Hi,

I am old :D Glad to have you here.
Well yes thank.

I genuinely believe in the Christian Bible I guess. I just made a thread on a Reddit a community and it's been two days and have received no replies and likewise, which doesn't surprise me.

I feel like it is a very dark and horrid time period we are living in. I certainly feel like it may be the end times quite possibly, but there are many things that contribute to this. For example, I am kind of dismayed perturbed by western civilization at this point. I was looking for support from people who do not only place importance or meaning on never ending materialism, or consumerism and corportocracy.

But I think the political voting system is largely a false dichotomy and we have little choice in the way of freedom.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello, I am new and I hope I don't get banned. I was on another Christian forum and I was banned completely I guess for asking about Judaism and Islam, since it's a religious forum I thought they would be open minded and knowledgeable, bit maybe that was not the case. I have been really curious about Judaism and Islam because I have doubts and apprehension as of late. I also asked what Christians think of white supremacy and challenged the notion that I just need to find "Jesus" for possessing curiosity or critical thinking to possible religious dogma.

I am frightened to write this and fear I will just be banned right away. I am just looking for a place that is tolerant towards those who believe in a higher power or supreme being. I have been struggling with atheism somewhat and I thought maybe that coming to a place this might do me good. I have been thinking about going to church on a regular basis as well.

I have been staring to think that I simply have my own interpretation of the Bible and while I do not think that it is inaccurate or that I gravely misunderstand, just that the majority would probably think this, which is why perhaps it is better for me to just stay spiritual as I am starting to see how religion itself can be very oppressive.

Hello Kaneda, is that a slang word for Canada? ;)

Anyway welcome to these forums and God bless you.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi and welcome person, from the North country....fire away.....;)..Blessings to you for being here...APAK

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Welcome!

Do not worry about being banned as one seeking honest discussion.

You may want to start a topic or two regarding specific questions or concerns you have. Just be aware that topics posted in the non-Christian area are open to everyone so you may not always get a Christian perspective. For that matter many Christians have differing opinions, so take that into consideration too.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been thinking about going to church on a regular basis as well.
Hello Kaneda, and Welcome to CB. This sounds like a very good idea. At the same time please read what is written about Christ in the Gospels. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

As to interpretation, since the Holy Spirit is the divine Teacher of Christians, we should all agree on what is revealed. At the very least we should all agree about who Christ is and what He accomplished for our salvation. But you will see a lot of bizarre ideas floating around, so make sure they line up with Scripture.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Hello Kaneda, and Welcome to CB. This sounds like a very good idea. At the same time please read what is written about Christ in the Gospels. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

As to interpretation, since the Holy Spirit is the divine Teacher of Christians, we should all agree on what is revealed. At the very least we should all agree about who Christ is and what He accomplished for our salvation. But you will see a lot of bizarre ideas floating around, so make sure they line up with Scripture.
See that’s starting to somewhat become an issue with me, I believe I read somewhere that Jesus found Jewish oral traditions and laws oppressive and for some quinces reason even to some degree “evil” and I cannot help but see Christian scripture acting in a similarly oppressive fashion.

I have not meteorites the bible from page to page like everyone, but I feel like I have a good fundamental understanding of the bibles core ideas, symbolism, language and also conceptual ideas. I will skeletonize the bible one day perhaps, but I feel like it would not be entirely fruitful for me. I have thought about one day perhaps starting my own congregation or denomination as I have always deeply believed in God, but at the same time I feel like that might be wrong of me as I am not the presently or devotedly religious person, though I have never been guilty of sinning very much I do not believe.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2
BlushingBlondHoki-small.gif

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome, Kaneda. I've been here perhaps 6 weeks. I've told some things I believe that would've gotten me kicked out of most churches. I was surprised when a few others said they also believed the same. I don't think you'll have a problem. If people thought you were off base, they'd say so but out of concern for you. Truth seekers have ended up here before and will again. It's pretty tolerant here. They put up with me. lol
I seek the Lord regarding what is the right understanding of scripture and He usually tells me. A humble, teachable heart is a great treasure. Along with an open mind that thinks for itself.
If anyone gets on your case, forgive, bless, and love them. And if you want, put them on ignore. lol Welcome again, and Shalom.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cannot help but see Christian scripture acting in a similarly oppressive fashion.
Christian Scriptures are LIBERATING. That's what Jesus said.

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

Reactions: Debp

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Welcome, Kaneda. I've been here perhaps 6 weeks. I've told some things I believe that would've gotten me kicked out of most churches. I was surprised when a few others said they also believed the same. I don't think you'll have a problem. If people thought you were off base, they'd say so but out of concern for you. Truth seekers have ended up here before and will again. It's pretty tolerant here. They put up with me. lol
I seek the Lord regarding what is the right understanding of scripture and He usually tells me. A humble, teachable heart is a great treasure. Along with an open mind that thinks for itself.
If anyone gets on your case, forgive, bless, and love them. And if you want, put them on ignore. lol Welcome again, and Shalom.
Do you believe in Judaism?

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Christian Scriptures are LIBERATING. That's what Jesus said.

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
But unfortunately well, the truth does not seem to equally set everyone free on the same basis. I find often it is the opposite.

Quotation-George-Orwell-The-further-a-society-drifts-from-truth-the-more-it-49-88-64.jpg

Reactions: April_Rose

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe in Judaism?
Hi. I don't believe in Judaism though I'm a descendant of Levi. I call myself a Hebrew Christian. My ancestors were kicked out of the nation of Israel 2,800 years ago for worshipping false gods.
When He gave them the boot, God said that they and the world would forget who they were. He promised that in the last days He would wake them up to who they were. Starting with their Levites. Which is where I and others like me come in.
There is a lot of very inaccurate information out there. If you are interested in learning more, I suggest you check out an unorthodox Orthodox Jew named Yair Davidiy on YouTube. He's a scholar in this subject and he lives in Jerusalem.
I see you're from Pincher Creek, Alberta, right? My sister used to live in Black Diamond and my brother used to live by Springbank. I lived in Calgary for 8 years. I miss the mountains and the fishing.
"The lost ten tribes of Israel" is what this is usually called. The bible refers to them as The House Of Israel. Yair says, and I believe rightly so, that most of the members of these tribes are to be found in the West. And much of the church is descended from these groups.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Hi. I don't believe in Judaism though I'm a descendant of Levi. I call myself a Hebrew Christian. My ancestors were kicked out of the nation of Israel 2,800 years ago for worshipping false gods.
When He gave them the boot, God said that they and the world would forget who they were. He promised that in the last days He would wake them up to who they were. Starting with their Levites. Which is where I and others like me come in.
There is a lot of very inaccurate information out there. If you are interested in learning more, I suggest you check out an unorthodox Orthodox Jew named Yair Davidiy on YouTube. He's a scholar in this subject and he lives in Jerusalem.
I see you're from Pincher Creek, Alberta, right? My sister used to live in Black Diamond and my brother used to live by Springbank. I lived in Calgary for 8 years. I miss the mountains and the fishing.
"The lost ten tribes of Israel" is what this is usually called. The bible refers to them as The House Of Israel. Yair says, and I believe rightly so, that most of the members of these tribes are to be found in the West. And much of the church is descended from these groups.
I might have some Jewish ancestry but I cannot learn much about my family to adequately to trace what house or name they originate from though I would like to.

I really wonder what they must have been like, I have a hard time imaging someone being an Orthodox Jewish person being a few generations away from me.

I have been curious about Islam and Judaism because I just felt that insight learn something that I had not previously considered. I just feel like Islam and Judaism are more liberal in some ways, where as Christianity feels very rigid bad unchanging and I like that aspect of Islam and Judaism, it just seems like they are more adaptable as well, and open to change or spontaneity and are more fluid and changing where as Christianity almost seems quite proportional to nationalism and conservatism and I wonder if this is really fundamental or integral to Christianity or another product of something else all together.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

hey hey Kaneda,
We have God's Word and we have what men think that Word is and what it means.

You can be certain that if you approach the Scriptures with an honest desire to understand it....to come clean with him......if you ask God for guidance; for direction.....if you maintain that attitude, God will certainly be your teacher.

Will you need to guard against presumption?.......absolutely!

Will you find opposition? .....certainly!

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I might have some Jewish ancestry but I cannot learn much about my family to adequately to trace what house or name they originate from though I would like to.

I really wonder what they must have been like, I have a hard time imaging someone being an Orthodox Jewish person being a few generations away from me.

I have been curious about Islam and Judaism because I just felt that insight learn something that I had not previously considered. I just feel like Islam and Judaism are more liberal in some ways, where as Christianity feels very rigid bad unchanging and I like that aspect of Islam and Judaism, it just seems like they are more adaptable as well, and open to change or spontaneity and are more fluid and changing where as Christianity almost seems quite proportional to nationalism and conservatism and I wonder if this is really fundamental or integral to Christianity or another product of something else all together.
What Christianity is and what it is supposed to be are 2 different things. It is not supposed to be a bunch of rules and does and don't. Instead, one is supposed to be in a relationship with the Living God. With me, I've found nothing more fulfilling or rewarding.
Trusting someone who you can't see isn't easy. Religion is the antithesis of faith in God. It can actually blind you to the truth. I hate it.
I'm what they call a worship leader. God has given me a special ability to sing to Him in a room full of singing people and everyone experiences the presence of God. There is nothing like it.
Mankind has a spiritual disease called sin. Sin leads to death. Many think it's a matter of does and don'ts but it's what we are without Yeshua. We were condemned to die as a result.
We needed someone to pay the price for us so we would be found not guilty and could live forever with God. Yeshua died for us. After 3 days God brought Him back to life. This life is what He offers to anyone who wants it, free of charge.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." John 3:16,17.
It's good that you are searching. I don't expect you to just take my word for it. Think for yourself and try to keep an open mind. Make up your own mind about things. This walk with God is a personal decision to do so. My decision to follow Him is the best decision I've ever made.
If you have Jewish blood in you, this would mean that you and I are related. From a long time ago. I have a friend who is a practicing Sunni Muslim and we get along fine. I think he's a pretty good guy. We used to go fishing together before I had to stop due to me having Lupus. I like his parents, who are from Pakistan. His mother's a really good cook.
Yeshua tells us to love our enemies and everyone else. He loves everyone. Love, joy, and peace He offers. God is a God of love.
It's getting late so I'll end here. I hope I've been of assistance to you. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Goodnight, Ron.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
What Christianity is and what it is supposed to be are 2 different things. It is not supposed to be a bunch of rules and does and don't. Instead, one is supposed to be in a relationship with the Living God. With me, I've found nothing more fulfilling or rewarding.
Trusting someone who you can't see isn't easy. Religion is the antithesis of faith in God. It can actually blind you to the truth. I hate it.
I'm what they call a worship leader. God has given me a special ability to sing to Him in a room full of singing people and everyone experiences the presence of God. There is nothing like it.
Mankind has a spiritual disease called sin. Sin leads to death. Many think it's a matter of does and don'ts but it's what we are without Yeshua. We were condemned to die as a result.
We needed someone to pay the price for us so we would be found not guilty and could live forever with God. Yeshua died for us. After 3 days God brought Him back to life. This life is what He offers to anyone who wants it, free of charge.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." John 3:16,17.
It's good that you are searching. I don't expect you to just take my word for it. Think for yourself and try to keep an open mind. Make up your own mind about things. This walk with God is a personal decision to do so. My decision to follow Him is the best decision I've ever made.
If you have Jewish blood in you, this would mean that you and I are related. From a long time ago. I have a friend who is a practicing Sunni Muslim and we get along fine. I think he's a pretty good guy. We used to go fishing together before I had to stop due to me having Lupus. I like his parents, who are from Pakistan. His mother's a really good cook.
Yeshua tells us to love our enemies and everyone else. He loves everyone. Love, joy, and peace He offers. God is a God of love.
It's getting late so I'll end here. I hope I've been of assistance to you. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Goodnight, Ron.
So God condones capitalism and the exploitation of the labourer classes in the name of profit and excess?

It is almost more difficult to be devotedly religious in a very materialistic and capitalist society which is why I have made the distinction and am curious about the differences between the abrahamic religion) which could be said that overall they believe in the same God. I mean with photos like this, you cannot really expect to find or witness such gatherings quite often in our materialistic and status obsessed western culture, and thus what I mean by liberal.
092001c45203cbdb4f3889080dd2f6d4.jpg

jesus_teaching_forgiveness.jpeg

Jesus-talks-to-disciples.jpg

Last edited: