Help Changing My "FAITH"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've posted several "Contact Us" requests to change my "Faith" selection from "Other" to "Christian", -- which apparently can ONLY be changed by an administrator --, but haven't received a response or a change as requested. Is this a better venue?
Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... well I was apparently able to change my "FAITH" to "Christian", saved it, and then checked it to see if it was "accepted", and apparently it was, -- even though apparently per Forum Guidelines ONLY an administrator can change the "Religion" selection once it has been selected.

And although by all appearances this should have worked, I still cannot Post in "Christian Only" forums. So even though my "Personal Details" indicate that my "Faith" is now "Christian", it doesn't allow me access to Post in "Christian Only" forums. -- I guess I still have to wait for an administrator to change the setting.

Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, if your true beliefs aren't Christian, why would you want to pretend they are? Just to get to post in more forums. Forums where you already know you won't agree with many of the things said there, anyway?

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I've posted several "Contact Us" requests to change my "Faith" selection from "Other" to "Christian", -- which apparently can ONLY be changed by an administrator --, but haven't received a response or a change as requested. Is this a better venue?
Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you forgot your Post #14, and my response #15:

Or maybe you're not sincere in what you post?

Bobby Jo
It simply seems that you do not agree with what others here selected as their belief, "christian", since you say you are not just christian, like we are, but something you say is different, called a "Christian" with a capital "C"..... whatever that is supposed to imply.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... a "Christian" with a capital "C".....

Apparently some people think that because they're born in a christian (small "c") nation, that they're christians (small "c"). And some people believe that because they attend a christian (small "c") church -- the same thing. But Jesus said that whoever believes on HIM, and does his works, that that person is a TRUE Christian (capital "C").

I don't know if you've ever noticed, but if you're in the light and the shadow is approaching, -- you can see the demarcation. But if the shadow overtakes you, you can no longer see the demarcation. And so it's understandable that you might not be able to perceive the difference between a small "c" versus capital "C" christian/Christian.

Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently some people think that because they're born in a christian (small "c") nation, that they're christians (small "c"). And some people believe that because they attend a christian (small "c") church -- the same thing. But Jesus said that whoever believes on HIM, and does his works, that that person is a TRUE Christian (capital "C").

I don't know if you've ever noticed, but if you're in the light and the shadow is approaching, -- you can see the demarcation. But if the shadow overtakes you, you can no longer see the demarcation. And so it's understandable that you might not be able to perceive the difference between a small "c" versus capital "C" christian/Christian.

Bobby Jo
Oh yeah, the old "I'm a TRUE Christian" garbage again. Well, that's about the biggest load of hypocritical bunk I have heard.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, the old "I'm a TRUE Christian" garbage again. ...
You probably know the old: I once slept in a garage ... . So too: I once attended a church ... . Neither make you a car or a Christian.

Just look in this Forum, and for most -- just look in a mirror!

And not to devolve this "HelpDesk" Topic, -- but let me ask you whether you believe Matt. 5:18?

Matt. 5:18 18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

If so, can you answer a fairly easy question for me?

Bobby Jo

Last edited: