Help on Christian History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamal-jackson

Apr 15, 2008
Hello folks, I have this question that I need to answer and I am having immense troubles. I would really appreciate your help: By the 4th century, the three largest linguistic divisions in the Christian world were Greek, Latin, and Syriac. Discuss similarities and differences between the forms of Christianity present in each of these three zones, and then show how Islam interacted with each of them. Thanks in advance!

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
(jamal-jackson;45693)
Hello folks, I have this question that I need to answer and I am having immense troubles. I would really appreciate your help: By the 4th century, the three largest linguistic divisions in the Christian world were Greek, Latin, and Syriac. Discuss similarities and differences between the forms of Christianity present in each of these three zones, and then show how Islam interacted with each of them. Thanks in advance!
Islam wasnt around until the 7th century. From what I understand the Greek was the original language for the NT, the Latin was Catholic interpritations and the Syriac was the Arabic. We must also understand that the Gnostics influenced the Muslim writings and they claimed to be both Jewish and Christian depending on the sect.