Help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that the corporate worship services we attend are not the "church body" Christ intends us to be socially and personally attached to, right? Aim at a smaller target within your overall church. Our church is about 350, but only about 7 to 9 of us regularly fellowship. In fact, we are going out to dinner together tomorrow night.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello my brothers and sisters, if I can even claim you all as brothers and sisters, at this point today, that is.
I find myself in a bad way lately. I'm angry with God right now and am really hating on myself. I feel I cannot even claim the Name of Christ at this point. I have never stopped praying for His discernment so as to make wise choices yet, it seems I still make the wrong decisions anyway, even as I am praising Him for guiding me. I feel He has guided me right over a cliff, and cannot repent of my attitude right now. The tears will not stop, I do not know what to do next as I fear of making yet another foolish decision. I am the only one who makes the decisions in my home as, I am the only one here.
I beg your prayers as I just cannot get them out. I will not fill this post up with details but I will say I'm hanging by a thread here and do not know if I am even saved anymore. Much has happened over the last month, kept my chin up and let it not bother me as God makes all things good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Doubts have been assailing me left and right as I believed so strongly that He WAS guiding me.
My daily prayers are always, first and foremost, to order my steps and my attitude each and every day. Despair has gotten hold of me, especially today and I am so lost right now, and afraid that God has left me because of being Miss-led. My faith has taken a huge blow and I fear I might have never been chosen of Him to begin with. This is terrifying to me as there is nowhere else to go. So, I am BEGGING any and all on here to please pray for me as I just cannot right now. I am NOT looking for sympathy, by any means, just a lot of prayer. My spirits are lower than they have ever been and I must say, this life is Hell on Earth and all I want to do is leave it. It's lonely, "Christians" are so busy after services nobody has time to get to know anyone else. You all on here are my go to for prayer as, I do know several of you WILL pray for me. I love you all very much, thank you in advance for your prayers.
God Bless,
nancy
Oh Nancy, how awful for you but you do know that it's lies, all of it is lies from the enemy. You are under attack and I will pray for you to have whatever it takes to fight against it.

I wrote this poem for a friend who was in a similar situation.

MY FOREVER FRIEND *

I have a friend who walks beside me
On this path that is my life.
I know he will protect and guide me;
Comfort me in times of strife.

He is my rock; he is my fortress,
He is my king, my all in all.
He is my shield, he is my refuge;
He will catch me when I fall.

When my strength is all but gone,
And I feel I can’t go on,
He reaches out and takes my hand;
He lifts me from the searing sand
And carries me a while.

Until my spirit’s been restored
My Jesus, my redeemer Lord
Holds me close against his breast;
In him my weary soul finds rest.

And when he knows I’ll stand secure
He sets me on my feet once more.
I turn to look into his face,
Awed by his power, love and grace;
And regaining strength with every stride
I continue walking by his side
Refreshed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

Those lowest of valleys come to each one walks with God. It is part of our walk. There are roses for sure, but anyone familiar with roses knows that they are surrounded by thorns. But remember the thorn of the Apostle Paul:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" II Cor 12:7-9

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalm 23:1-6

"Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:4-5

I am praying for you here and now Sister Nancy!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Chronicles 20:15-17

He said: ‘Listen, (Nancy)! This is what the Lord says to you: “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you . . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.”’

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that the corporate worship services we attend are not the "church body" Christ intends us to be socially and personally attached to, right? Aim at a smaller target within your overall church. Our church is about 350, but only about 7 to 9 of us regularly fellowship. In fact, we are going out to dinner together tomorrow night.

I do under stand that Willie , thank you :) and, I hope you have great fellowship tomorrow.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Nancy, how awful for you but you do know that it's lies, all of it is lies from the enemy. You are under attack and I will pray for you to have whatever it takes to fight against it.

I wrote this poem for a friend who was in a similar situation.

MY FOREVER FRIEND *

I have a friend who walks beside me
On this path that is my life.
I know he will protect and guide me;
Comfort me in times of strife.

He is my rock; he is my fortress,
He is my king, my all in all.
He is my shield, he is my refuge;
He will catch me when I fall.

When my strength is all but gone,
And I feel I can’t go on,
He reaches out and takes my hand;
He lifts me from the searing sand
And carries me a while.

Until my spirit’s been restored
My Jesus, my redeemer Lord
Holds me close against his breast;
In him my weary soul finds rest.

And when he knows I’ll stand secure
He sets me on my feet once more.
I turn to look into his face,
Awed by his power, love and grace;
And regaining strength with every stride
I continue walking by his side
Refreshed.

I have copied and pasted your awesome poem Pat! I hope that is okay...just going to the desktop anyhow. It felt as though I was reading Psalms! Thank you, it's strong and beautiful.

You are so right!
It's funny, I just finished reading Eph. 6. It is not that I do not understand this but, we can be weak in spirit at times. I feel so foolish as our Helen is still suffering and, I could not even pray for her today :oops:
I come here as it feels like family to me and, there are many lovely people on here, like yourself, that are always stepping up to the plate for your brethren in times of need. I thank you fiercely for your thoughts and prayers my sister. God Bless you for it. ❤

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God Bless,
nancy
you are heard nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

Those lowest of valleys come to each one walks with God. It is part of our walk. There are roses for sure, but anyone familiar with roses knows that they are surrounded by thorns. But remember the thorn of the Apostle Paul:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" II Cor 12:7-9

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalm 23:1-6

"Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:4-5

I am praying for you here and now Sister Nancy!

Thank you so much for your encouragement John, and the reminders. So very much on my mind that is has been hard to hear God speak to me. Then, if even a little bit of depression falls on me...that is Satan's opening...every time! God said to me last time something like this happened was "get up" and, that leads into an awesome praise report, but not here and now, lol. We must be on guard at all times and especially where we are weakest?
Your prayers mean much to me John, thank you.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Chronicles 20:15-17

He said: ‘Listen, (Nancy)! This is what the Lord says to you: “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you . . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.”’

I will NOT be discouraged tomorrow, and there is going to be some serious prayer time for me tonight. Gotta keep that armor on and know He will provide in EVERY area. Amen!
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all need to know that I knew I could depend on you all. And, I cannot tell you how much all of your thoughts and prayers mean to me.
Isn't it wonderful how we seem to totally unite when it comes to lifting each other up in prayer and encouragement? That's love to me ❤
Now, we just need to get together on a few other things! :D
God bless you all so much,
Love in Christ,
nancy

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy

I'm glad to see you've received so much encouragement.

I will just add that's ok to be mad at God sometimes and to tell Him so, to tell Him that you don't understand...

Because HE does understand, even when we don't...

All things work for the good of those who love God, even if we dont understand them till later..

You will be in my prayers!

Be not afraid! He goes before you always...

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello my brothers and sisters

Nancy,

When my wife died, I experienced pain a thousand times worse than I ever imagined could even be possible. That is when I needed my Rock and my Refuge to rely upon. Instead of concentrating on present circumstance, I redirected my focus upon the past 77 years, remembering how He has ALWAYS been with me each step of the way over all those years.

He is the One who has always been there with me, the One who restores my life from the pit, and showers me with His lovingkindness and compassion Psalm 103:4 He is my Dad, and has always treated me as a most beloved child. Just as an earthly dad, who would do anything for a beloved child, the love of God surpasses that by an unfathomable extent.

You are already in my prayers.

B

Butterfly

Hi Nancy, so sorry for this late response, had long shifts at work and didn't check out the site last night.
So sorry for the way you are feeling, our emotions and responses to things can lead us to believe so many wrong things about the Lord - remember He does not change or move away. When I have really low days ( and I have many where I ' feel ' lost, distant from God, and so many other things, like a failure ect ect ) I cling onto what I do have faith in- it always takes me back to the cross.
Ephesians 6 is a great chapter, for it does remind us of the real battle.
It's when we are at our lowest that God does his deepest work - but we do not see it until we look back. Xxx
In my thoughts and prayers today xxxx
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy,

When my wife died, I experienced pain a thousand times worse than I ever imagined could even be possible. That is when I needed my Rock and my Refuge to rely upon. Instead of concentrating on present circumstance, I redirected my focus upon the past 77 years, remembering how He has ALWAYS been with me each step of the way over all those years.

He is the One who has always been there with me, the One who restores my life from the pit, and showers me with His lovingkindness and compassion Psalm 103:4 He is my Dad, and has always treated me as a most beloved child. Just as an earthly dad, who would do anything for a beloved child, the love of God surpasses that by an unfathomable extent.

You are already in my prayers.

Thank you so much Stan. I'm sorry you lost your wife but, I'm thinking Heaven is even better with her there, waiting for you!
His Blessings,
nancy